TAT: Forecast for 2020 is 30 million tourists - down 24% on last year

webfact

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

I distinctly remember TAT hiring a famous fortune teller late last year, who was presented to the media with big fanfare.

But it is very obvious that he didn't see the coronavirus crisis coming, did he? So much for "fortune telling," the charlatanry that it is, designed to pull in naive, gullible people... such as TAT, for example.

An overall tourism contraction of only 24% over the year is of course a figure nobody in their right mind would believe, not even a fortune teller.

At the moment, foreign tourist arrivals have plummeted by roughly 80%. If we reasonably assume that this situation could well persist until end of June, Thailand will have hosted only about 4 - 5 million foreign tourists during the first half of the year.

In order to make up for that gigantic loss and actually achieve an annual contraction of only 24% compared to the year prior, Thailand would need to experience a huge jump in arrivals of around 150% year-on-year during the second half of 2020, i.e. from July onward.

When oh when will TAT finally get its act together and report facts instead of fairy tales? 

The day after a certain dead person comes hurtling in on a celestial chariot to save Thailand.

I.e. Never.

Based on the Thai logic of raising prices when business is bad , who will be able to afford a holiday in Thailand by the time the all clear is given. Mind you , I suspect that TAT will give the all clear here 3 months ahead of the rest of the world.????

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Based on the Thai logic of raising prices when business is bad , who will be able to afford a holiday in Thailand by the time the all clear is given. Mind you , I suspect that TAT will give the all clear here 3 months ahead of the rest of the world.????

Yup, at the first hint that the infection rate is declining, TAT will be in there, advertising that TL cured the pandemic and all is well for that holiday in LOS that you always wanted.

Like a rat up a drainpipe... money, money money. The number 1 concern.

• Like 2

Are they still having their Consulates in nearby countries turning away farangs by not giving them back to back tourist visa's saying you been in Thailand too long ? Or IO's turning away VE and SETV who have come in multible times?