Chances of getting another 30 permission to stay at Changwattana?

Hi, i'm a Brit who has been in Thailand since the end of October last year. I entered on a 30 day permission to stay. I have been flying out for a week at a time every 30 days to renew the permission to stay. 

With the current situation, many neighbouring countries closing their borders and the need to plan ahead i'm considering a trip to immigration at Changwattana to get another 30 days.

My questions; can i do that? Will they grant it considering i have already got 3x30 day permissions to stay in my passport?

Thanks for any info 

Do I get this right? You have been in Thailand for 30 days visa-exempt, then out for one week, then in again (which entry point?) since Oct 2019 and had no problems with immigration?

I'm asking because I'm planning to do similar in the future. I used to come here on METV but now that a visa does not guarantee entry, and I will spend more time out of Thailand, plan to do 30 days in - 1 week out.

To answer your question: should be no problem. I'm in similar situation (just back in Thai on visa exempt, will do extension).

1 hour ago, ChristianPFC said:

Do I get this right? You have been in Thailand for 30 days visa-exempt, then out for one week, then in again (which entry point?) since Oct 2019 and had no problems with immigration?

I'm asking because I'm planning to do similar in the future. I used to come here on METV but now that a visa does not guarantee entry, and I will spend more time out of Thailand, plan to do 30 days in - 1 week out.

To answer your question: should be no problem. I'm in similar situation (just back in Thai on visa exempt, will do extension).

Yes, arrived in Thailand end of last Oct. on a 30 day permission to stay and every 30 days since i have left for a week then reentered on another 30 day permission to stay. I've had no problems at all with immigration. I'm a Brit...have no idea if that makes a difference or not. Even the airlines (Air Asia, Thai Lion Air) on the returning leg to Bangkok have not asked for proof of onward travel. 

I have no idea what METV is?

2 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

The question I think lots of people are having is for those who have their extensions already, will Thailand issue additional emergency extensions as many countries are shutting their borders?

Not yet heard of anything other than 7 or 30 day extensions with an Embassy letter.

Just now, jacko45k said:

Not yet heard of anything other than 7 or 30 day extensions with an Embassy letter.

So I would need to make an appointment with the US embassy to get the letter? I really don't want to go back to what is going on there. My parents are in seclusion and my brother's house is in quarantine, so I really would have nowhere to go.

3 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

So I would need to make an appointment with the US embassy to get the letter? I really don't want to go back to what is going on there. My parents are in seclusion and my brother's house is in quarantine, so I really would have nowhere to go.

I don't know if the USA is issuing them. I may have read a statement here they were not as USA citizens are able to travel. Hard to keep up to date here!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

7 in my case with the italian embassy letter.

You did not get a extension. You got a under consideration stamp. You will get the 30 days when you go back to immigration.

• Thanks 1