PHOTOS: Pattaya’s ‘Big Cleaning Day’ is underway

webfact

19 minutes ago, smedly said:

my shoes are not going to get covid 19 

what is the point of this 

silly useless nonsense 

That's for the farang who pickup stuff from the street to eat, like dropped cigarettes or satay skewers...

• Haha 1

BIG cleaning day? BAH!

They do it all wrong! To clean this area they must first demolish all buildings and dig down a minimum of 50 centimeter and redo all the streets before building new houses.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

Pattaya cleans up after tourist tests positive

By The Nation

800_b95e07597c57368.jpg

There was another “Big Cleaning Day” in Pattaya on Wednesday (March 18), but considerably more serious than the usual litter sweeps of the beach.

As soon as it was reported that a 67-year-old Belgian touristhas been confirmed as infected with the Covid-19 virus, a major scrub was undertaken in the areas he’d visited.

The Belgian man arrived in Thailand on March 3, had drinks in Pattaya, spent the night in a hotel, and then went to stay at his wife’s house in Phetchabun province. 

He fell ill on March 10 and went to the private hospital, where the Covid-19 diagnosis was made.

Pattaya’s Public Health and environment officials immediately began sanitising a beer pub on Soi Pattaya 8 where the tourist had drinks, his hotel, Walking Street, the port and a market. 

Special attention was paid to ATMs, shop door handles and other surfaces that are frequently touched.

People with whom he may have been in close contact were notified and asked to remain at home for 14 days while being monitored.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384336

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-18

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

As soon as it was reported that a 67-year-old Belgian touristhas been confirmed as infected with the Covid-19 virus, a major scrub was undertaken in the areas he’d visited.

'As soon as'?

I am wrong, but didn't I read exactly the same story about this Belgian tourist (expat?) being diagnosed positive a few days ago?

• Like 1

They should line up all those farangs that are dirty and don't shower.  I think some days that 'I'm just wasting water as I don't have any plans to leave the house today'.  But then I see the fire hose out washing the streets and wonder if my 'waste of water' is leading to more trash clogging up the drainage system.  I really enjoy seeing all the pictures of flooded streets after every rain fall.

I am still attempting to comprehend how washing the streets will stop someone from sharing their known or unknown medical condition.  Ahhh the light bulb just turned on....remove the dust from the streets to stop all the sneezes.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ToS2014 said:

They should line up all those farangs that are dirty and don't shower.  I think some days that 'I'm just wasting water as I don't have any plans to leave the house today'.  But then I see the fire hose out washing the streets and wonder if my 'waste of water' is leading to more trash clogging up the drainage system.  I really enjoy seeing all the pictures of flooded streets after every rain fall.

I am still attempting to comprehend how washing the streets will stop someone from sharing their known or unknown medical condition.  Ahhh the light bulb just turned on....remove the dust from the streets to stop all the sneezes.

looks  like doing  something  whilst  in  fact   doing  nothing

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The Belgian man arrived in Thailand on March 3, had drinks in Pattaya, spent the night in a hotel, and then went to stay at his wife’s house in Phetchabun province. 

"drinks" and nothing else

3 hours ago, nausea said:

How effective it is I don't know, can't hurt though.

Sure they will manage to wash all the cr3p down the drains, then when the rains come they will be guaranteed to be blocked, then they will clean the drains, then it will still flood, so they will spend more money on cleaning and improving the drains - just written a short history of Pattaya for all that never knew ???? 

Focus on the positive, should have lots of water now with tourism being down, Carbon futures should be cheap! great time to invest in them!