Thai govt statement in English regarding new COVID-19 measures

webfact

47 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Does anyone have a link to said acceptable Health Certificate.

If flights are not cancelled, I have a friend arriving from Ireland next month.

Have they actually published any information of how the Governments monitoring system will work in practice.

Right. I have to do a border run in a few days to re-up my multi-entry visa. I have no symptoms. How would I produce a certificate when coming back across the border? Or will I just be stuck outside Thailand with no way to get back in? I have a U.S. passport. Even though I have been in Thailand the prior 90 days, previous posters here in other threads have indicated that IOs often don't look just at where you've just been, they look at your passport to decide which restrictions apply. 

Edited by JCP108
hearing voices

14 minutes ago, Traubert said:

My word. The drama. I've seen some over-reaction in my time but this beats  the lot.

I agree, what is really behind the agenda, why is the free movement of humans being curtailed? that's the interesting bit!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Right. I have to do a border run in a few days to re-up my multi-entry visa. I have no symptoms. How would I produce a certificate when coming back across the border? Or will I just be stuck outside Thailand with no way to get back in?

No need, your just doing a quick turn around.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CGW said:

I agree, what is really behind the agenda, why is the free movement of humans being curtailed? that's the interesting bit!

To preserve life!

Whilst most ably fit and active persons may suffer but recover without any medical intervention, the potential to spread this very infectious virus to elderly, especially with already underlying health issues could be deadly for them. (That may include you).

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Don't underestimate the situation, this Covid 19 virus is unprecedented in your time.

No its not. I live in China. They didn't react like this.

Which epic blockbuster did you get that line from?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, andy72 said:

hmm, countries with increasing infection, thats just about everywhere BUT CHINA!

Malaysia is in shutdown for 14 days no Malays allowed out of country but foreigners are

this is a country with increasing figures so health cerificate health insurance ?

China says all the new cases are imported now.

They should import it all back. 

5 minutes ago, Traubert said:

No its not. I live in China. They didn't react like this.

Which epic blockbuster did you get that line from?

China tried several different approaches.  Be more specific about how and when their reaction differed.

As for your question, I'll give you an answer as silly as your question: "The Sound of Music"

Interesting he told Thais overseas to stay overseas. Other governments are telling nationals to get home asap. Wonder what Prayut knows that he is not telling us.

I'm not taking the risk. Me and the Mrs heading off. We can always come back later.

Fortunately we have options. Many don't in Thailand both Thais and farangs. Good luck to you, especially the older folk.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes mask do nothing. don't wear them.

yes spread the virus everywhere. cause more mutations as each wave is different.

collapse the global economy. help close the banks. destroy your pension. lose your life savings.  

hurry up there is still time to post more "don't wear a mask" "mask do nothing" comments before the power goes out. 

Well said - and it is the point.  Wearing a mask is far more about stopping the spread than not catching it. People can be carriers and spreading infection, and yet show little or no signs of illness - that is why it is so contagious. Wear a mask in public - just in case you have it and dont know.  When you saw all those pictures in the past of Asians wearing a face mask, it was because they had a cold/flu and didnt want to give it to others. It is not about prevention, it is about unknowingly spreading it.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Personally I don't believe the Thai Government figures.

Many Thais are suffering from the symptoms of possible Covid 19 infection.

They are reluctant to visit their local hospitals, a) due to fear of spreading the infection to the already sick, or b) they cannot afford the test.

Most likely: c) If they don't already have it they fear that they will probably catch it from the masses waiting for treatment at the hospital.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

which  they  should  say  will  do  nothing  unless you  are  tending  a  sick  person or  are  sick  instead  of  the  sheeple like  i  saw  this  morning at  7-11 with   a  huge  gap  down  the  side  of  her  nose, total  waste  of  time

You know, you're 100% correct, but if Thai people get some strange sense of security seeing everyone in masks, then I think from now on I will accommodate them. I wear an N95 outside anyway, may as well just leave it on when I walk around inside a mall as well. No big deal for me. Never the less, I still really have no fear of this virus.

Edited by WalkingOrders
Sp

Quote:

foreigners coming from six infected zones - China, Macao, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy, and Iran - as well as countries with continuing transmission of the virus, are required to have health certificates issued in the previous three days

So it's not just these six infected zones but most probably the highly infected European countries like Spain, Germany, France as well.

The total number of cases in Spain and Germany have exceeded that of South Korea which is in the high risk zone. France is almost reaching South Korea's figure.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by EricTh

17 minutes ago, Caspersfriend said:

Most likely: c) If they don't already have it they fear that they will probably catch it from the masses waiting for treatment at the hospital.

Are there masses waiting in front of Thai hospitals waiting to be treated? Or is this a funny made up fact? Shall I take a short trip down Phetkasem to check?

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Quote:

foreigners coming from six infected zones - China, Macao, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy, and Iran - as well as countries with continuing transmission of the virus, are required to have health certificates issued in the previous three days

So it's not just these six infected zones but most probably the highly infected European countries like Spain, Germany, France as well.

The total number of cases in Spain and Germany have exceeded that of South Korea which is in the high risk zone. France is almost reaching South Korea's figure.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Any idea when this applies for . I arrived from UK on the 14th. Do I have to have the certificates and do the apps ? I got in without .

Edited by HerbyJFlash

3 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Why is it that the WHO, CDC USA, NHUK, etc....all major disease control centers all disagree about the need to wear masks?

Yeh - panic makes all things go haywire - and this is a panic unlike any panic before it.

Take precautions and stay safe - and then sit back and watch the show - this is a once in a lifetime event.

Either this will be like the Spanish Flue in 1918 (millions died) or it will be the biggest dud of all time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Any idea when this applies for . I arrived from UK on the 14th. Do I have to do it ?

It was just announced last night by PM. Not sure about effective date or the exact list of countries.

You arrived before announcement date so should be exempted.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes mask do nothing. don't wear them.

yes spread the virus everywhere. cause more mutations as each wave is different.

collapse the global economy. help close the banks. destroy your pension. lose your life savings.  

hurry up there is still time to post more "don't wear a mask" "mask do nothing" comments before the power goes out. 

Have you actually read any medical reports concerning the effectiveness of wearing masks?

As for the end of the world in nigh, it's the final apocalypse, it's God's revenge, it's doomsday etc etc etc - right-to, if you say so.

Wonder if this mysterious pandemic will do for mankind before the meteor hits; the nutters in North Korea or Iran start a nuclear war; climate change means we're all living in a dessert and water is the new currency a la mad max; or the forces of evil finally rise and reveal the pope is the anti-christ after all.

All of which has already been more or less done to death by Hollywood and / or various writers.

Just like WW1 was the war to end all wars, this pandemic ain't gonna end everything. Although sadly, some will die as a result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1