Wartime spirit! Drinkers on the beach as Pattaya entertainment all but shut down

webfact

Wartime spirit! Drinkers on the beach as Pattaya entertainment all but shut down

2pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media reported that tourists and locals in Pattaya had put mats on the beach and gone there to drink after the pubs, clubs and beer bars of the resort were shut for at least the next two weeks. 

77kaoded said there were "more than a few" drinkers down on the beach. 

They said that it was very quiet in Pattaya last night though places like "moo katha" (pork barbecue restaurants) still had plenty of customers. 

By and large all establishments that have been ordered shut were complying with the emergency regulations.

This meant bars, clubs, discos, spas, massage shops, fitness clubs and even beauty shops were closed down. 

2pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Also things like movie theaters, boxing arenas and cock fighting are on the no-no list from March 18 to 31st. It could be longer as the ban will be reviewed later. 

Walking Street was almost all shut. What people there were were doing just that "walking".

Some beer bars in the surrounding areas were still open, they said, and were given warnings to shut or else. 

If they did not shut by today the owners face jail terms of a year and fines of 100,000 baht or both. 

Chonburi governor Phakrathorn Thianchai had used powers in connection with 2015 legislation to follow the government directives for a shutdown in reaction to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak that is gripping the world, reported the media. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-19

5 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

With all the bars closed putting the deckchairs on the beach at night time you can make more money then during the day.

Wait, did I give somebody an idea?

"Wait, did I give somebody an idea?"

Yes …. the BiB... probably for all those smoking fines and others infractions  etc....????

31 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

What a bunch of idiots these people are....cant they just drink at home?

Next step may be stopping alcohol sales....until that they will never learn.

Few people in this world understand the 2 points of coronavirus and just consider that it only kills older people, which is also wrong.

Explain this to people:

- coronavirus won't kill you but if no bed and space at ICU for you at any hospital and you can die (if you are among the few cases from whom Corona creates respiratory problems)

-coronavirus won't kill you, but it can kill people around because most people will have it without knowing. Do you want to kill your parents or grand parents ? so use your brain and stay home !

And then they will understand. But politicians and helpers all are idiots, what do you expect ?

By the way, any gym or condo gym that I could use around Pattaya if I protect myself and others ? All gyms are closed ?

44 minutes ago, ReLo said:

Few people in this world understand the 2 points of coronavirus and just consider that it only kills older people, which is also wrong.

Explain this to people:

- coronavirus won't kill you but if no bed and space at ICU for you at any hospital and you can die (if you are among the few cases from whom Corona creates respiratory problems)

-coronavirus won't kill you, but it can kill people around because most people will have it without knowing. Do you want to kill your parents or grand parents ? so use your brain and stay home !

And then they will understand. But politicians and helpers all are idiots, what do you expect ?

That was a valid explanation.

Then came the hypocritical part of your post. You must be different to the rules you just advocated?

45 minutes ago, ReLo said:

By the way, any gym or condo gym that I could use around Pattaya if I protect myself and others ? All gyms are closed ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

What a bunch of idiots these people are....cant they just drink at home?

Next step may be stopping alcohol sales....until that they will never learn.

You are not talking about the brightest bulbs in the box.

Keep in mind why they came to Thailand and the panic they go into on Buddha days trying to find a restaurant that will serve them beer in a mug.

Delightful.

• Like 1