BTS wants everyone in a mask

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Many Thais are ignorant/oblivious to the situation..."

Really, says who and where has that been reported?  Interesting that your crystal ball allows you to see into the future and make allegations around Songkran events that haven't yet happened.  Well done.

So you're quoting hearsay about a bar that held a party that you did not attend and, obviously, could not see the attendees and the proximity they may have had to each other or the precautions they may have taken and from that you deduce that they represent "the Thais"? They don't, they represent the the people at that party, not "the Thais" as a nation.  Well done, again, and do you put that in the aware/smart category? 

Everything I quote is fact and from experience..... close your eyes if you wish....... there are none so dumb as those who will not see.

Given up traveling on the BTS, the system during peak times is overcrowded and ripe for transmission of this virus.

Last time I rode on it a week ago, was sitting next to some guy in a military uniform and he suddenly coughed a few times without covering his mouth. My wife an I were surprised and moved quickly to the other end of the carriage.

Edited by userabcd

A post with a (thinly) disguised profanity has been removed.

As an aside, from Monday you will need to be wearing a mask (and have a temperature scan) to access the BTS Admin building.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

All a rider really has to do is avoid touching their nose, mouth, eyes from the time they leave home, hopefully after having sanitized their hands, until they reach the next point where they can again sanitize their hands.  And these days, pretty much every BTS station has an alcohol hand gel/spray dispenser that everyone can use when they enter or exit the system. So it's really pretty easy to manage, especially if you're wearing a mask, hopefully N95, or drugstore variety if nothing else is available.

Did you ever notice how many Thai people have their finger up their nose? They dig in there like there's gold to be found!!!

On 3/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Great idea.

Do they also supply a list of shops which don't have "no masks" signs?

Today I wanted to buy masks: Out of stock, out of stock, out of stock, ...

I wear a dirty one which even broke in the mall so i had to repair the band for the 2nd time....

On 3/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, smedly said:

I think the main point here is - does wearing a mask put you at more risk of infection - probably not

At least you won't infect other ones around you, is that so hard to understand?

7 minutes ago, Youlike said:
On 3/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, smedly said:

I think the main point here is - does wearing a mask put you at more risk of infection - probably not

At least you won't infect other ones around you, is that so hard to understand?

Because all those cheap masks won't let the virus out? 555

It would be almost funny if it wouldn't be deadly reality.

I wore a mask today for the first time. I was constantly adjusting the thing, I could not help it. I was on an escalator and accidentally touched the hand rail. I then touched my mask to adjust it. If there were viruses on that hand rail, I transferred them to my mask, the perfect place for them to enter my mouth/nose and infect me. I took the mask off.

Wearing a mask is a dreadful idea. Peer pressure should not compel you to increase your risk of infection. Don't wear a mask.

• Like 1

You need a P100 filter to block it, got 1 for me and wife...  forced to go out in April will be wearing it in the taxi don't care what laughs/stares I get. Got swimming goggles as well

If I was going on bts Id wear mine below

Only 2 left on Shopee, 1 sold after I bought mine and he has 2 left, people are buying any old masks

https://shopee.co.th/3M-หน้ากากพ่นยาฆ่าแมลง-ตลับกรองแก๊ส-3303K-100-หน้ากากไส้กรองเดี่ยว-3200K-แผ่นกรอง-7711-ฝาครอบ-774-i.21741925.252860476

image.png.c4f4ac864c7391ee0fc0dca1ee56f13b.png

As someone else said, I saw people out picking noses or wiping snotty noses then touch checkouts in supermarkets

Edited by richiejom

Has anyone any very recent experience of what is actually happening on BTS now, with this? I've read all the pages here. I return to Bangkok tommmorow from Ban Phe, will get onto the BTS at Ekkamai and will only go a few stops before self isolating for the most part in a room for a few days before flying home.

The last time I was on BTS I didn't use a mask because well every virologists worldwide tells you the kind being worn here are useless to contain or defend against this, so I was highly vigilant at the hand level instead, using my own 70% alcohol gel as well as that supplied on the BTS, and never ever touching the poles or hanging hand holds. I got very efficient at this. 

If they are going to insist on a mask now, to ride, I have a problem tommmorow unless they supply them (which they won't).

I've since come round to the idea of wearing one for flying home, not because they work, but not wanting to draw attention to myself right now. I was hearing they were a bit more available now (as hand gel is, compared to weeks ago) and intended to get one in BKK just so as not to (as somebody above pointed out) look as if I'm deliberately defying something. 

It is still useless, but the atmosphere now is such that 'appearing' to them like I'm intentionally going out of my way to put them at risk due to vanity (certainly not) or something, is the last impression I want to give. 

On 3/19/2020 at 6:14 PM, chris_samui said:

Not sick, No mask

Or caring for an infected person, including being close. If someone is in your face on the BTS it is the same. Use common sense in crowded places.

7 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Or caring for an infected person, including being close. If someone is in your face on the BTS it is the same. Use common sense in crowded places.

"common sense" - A rare commodity on planet Earth