how do you handle staying home

opalred

I don't stay at home.

Go out most mornings and early evenings...mostly stay on the motorbike though

Riding thru villages ..countryside keeps me calm...stop at the odd wat or two

Some shopping along the way..keep away from crowds

I take advantage of every day before the curfews kick in

Then, I will post again on the subject. ????

Edited by Vigilante

1 hour ago, steven100 said:
On 3/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, Moonlover said:

Long before the days of the internet I did a lot of jig saw puzzles when I was working in Saudi Arabia. They are so calming and therapeutic. 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

and boring

Each to their own. For me, sitting gawking at a TV would be utterly boring. ????

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, possum1931 said:

You won't get much exercise playing pool, but plenty of boredom. ????

Never said playing pool was good exercise but never boring .all depends of your idea of entertainment not everyone likes gaybars.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:26 AM, bkk6060 said:

If people are not careful, they can get fat.

Staying in, stress eating, ordering food delivery.

I did visit a German friend age 77 who has held up in his room for 2 weeks.

He has gained about 4 kilos.

I bet it is a pretty common result of all this.

I'm going to try eating only once a day to stop getting fat, and it'll spin the available food out.

Otherwise my life is almost the same, except I can't go out to the country where I do some work on a farm on weekends as I'm not employed as such and only employed people with ID allowed to travel.

I saw this coming and stocked up on DVDs and books etc. I don't depend on the internet as it may go down, but God save us all if the power goes off.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:40 AM, Vigilante said:

I don't stay at home.

Go out most mornings and early evenings...mostly stay on the motorbike though

Riding thru villages ..countryside keeps me calm...stop at the odd wat or two

Some shopping along the way..keep away from crowds

I take advantage of every day before the curfews kick in

Then, I will post again on the subject. ????

Can't do that in NZ, and this isn't just happening in LOS.

Only those with valid IDs and working in essential occupations allowed to travel further than the supermarket/ pharmacy. Can go for walks for exercise and that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

We all have to just be careful because I've read people are facing mental health issues from being isolated for so long. Actually, I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are getting bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end, the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine and no situation is too pressing. The vacuum was very unsympathetic and told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over. The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn’t say anything but the doorknob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to pull myself together.

• Haha 2

Unfortunately, I haven’t got any choice in the matter of isolation; I have managed to succumb to the lurgy.

I came back from Ubon on March 22, and immediately started working from home, I have had very little contact with the outside world – just going to the supermarket a couple times.

But get it I did.

I am absolutely convinced I did not get it in Thailand – if that were the case, all those I had contact with would be suffering as well.

I was feeling pretty rotten for a few days, and then on Wednesday night I went downhill fast. Breathing difficulties, coughing, etc, but surprisingly, no temperature.

NHS 111 say it’s not serious enough (yet!!) for admission, but to keep an eye on it.

If you’re interested, I’ll keep you posted (and if I really feel up to it!).

Joined TV Forum. Netflix. Ais Play.

Email friends around the world, including expat friends who returned to their county of birth.

Cleaning the condo thoroughly and frequently. Followed stay home - stay safe, for 3 weeks. Gained 4-5 kilos. Now out for walk every other day for 1 hour. Pattaya seems like a ghost town daytime in many areas. Still to come ..

The positive, can cross beach road, second road, Soi Bua Khao without running across the road.

The positive, all songtaew now stop instantly when you raise your hand, and number of them are reduced from 700+ to now 200+-.

The positive, no loud motorcycle / cars racing after 2200.

The positive, even 9/10 and 10/10 females now pay attention to old expats. Over supply, and change in demand, are obvious. Not only Grab and Lazada that deliver on your door ..

The positive, learned to not join the fluent hysteria and scare mongering on internet and tv. Keep calm.

The positive, I had expected 24 hours curfew by 01 April, and I am happy I was wrong. Can get around the city, except the beach. 

Even fun town now has become ghost town, look forward to next year, and do the best for the time being.

Stay home 24/7 over time, isn't healthy. Keep in contact with all my friends on Line chat, and invite them over to my place.

Watching out for soi dog attacks, expected increase in crime, keep my freezer restocked twice weekly.

Appreciate I had 22 good and fun years living here, and still enjoy Thailand.

Just ride this out and keep a positive mind.

A beautiful message from Holy Father Pope Francis: 

He says, “Rivers do not drink their own water; trees do not eat their own fruit; the sun does not shine on itself and flowers do not spread their fragrance for themselves. Living for others is a rule of nature. We are all born to help each other. No matter how difficult it is…Life is good when you are happy; but much better when others are happy because of you.”

Let us all remember then that every changing colour of a leaf is beautiful and every changing situation of life is meaningful, both need very clear vision. So do not grumble or complain, let us instead remember that Pain is a sign that we are alive, Problems are a sign that we are strong and Prayer is a sign we are not alone!!

If we can acknowledge these truths and condition our hearts and minds, our lives will be more meaningful, different and worthwhile!! 

• Thanks 2

While idling around received this forward doing the rounds on WhatsApp. For whatever it is worth, true or false, it is definitely something to think about and nothing that would waste a lot of time off one's life!

DOES MAN REALLY FALL SICK AGAIN AND AGAIN?

OPD of hospitals are closed, there is no rush in emergency ward.
No new patients are coming apart from corona obstructed patients. 
There are no accidents due to lack of vehicles on the roads. 
Cases of heart attack, blood pressure, brain haemorrhage have suddenly reduced.

What has happened so suddenly that the cases of diseases have fallen so much? Even the number of dead in the crematorium has decreased.

Has Corona controlled or destroyed all other diseases?

No, Absolutely not?

Actually, now the reality is coming out that even where there is no serious disease, doctors were deliberately giving it serious form.

Ever since the influx of corporate hospitals, testing labs came into this country, the crisis had started deepening.
People were being forced to do tests worth thousands, even in mild cold, cold and cough. Operations were being carried out indiscriminately, even in a small amount of trouble.
Patients were being kept in ICU. More fear of illness was felt through treatment.

Now after Corona, how did all this suddenly stop?

In addition there is another positive change.
Due to the arrival of Corona, there has been a curb on people eating in the hotel.  People have started to prefer home food more than outside street food and even big hotels.

Many unnecessary spending of people has stopped. Corona has changed the thinking of human beings. Every person is awake.

If you really understand how little needs are there to live in peace, then it can get rid of diseases, food and money concerns to a great extent.

Tomorrow corona will be controlled, with that our life, which has been controlled today.
If we keep it in control in the same way, reduce the requirements, then life will become very pleasant and beautiful indeed.

Is this the bitter truth?
Definitely think about it!

I have been self isolating at home and wearing masks in Public since January. However, my isolation at home has become a nightmare as my neighbour a retired teacher is running a kindergarten/school on his front driveway just a few metres from my Dining room window. Listening to him teaching by rote and the screaming kids is doing my head in! Not withstanding the fact that all the kids visiting are not wearing masks including the teacher and his assisting staff. I have tried to ask the man to stop politely which seemed to have angered him. Enough said!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1