how do you handle staying home

opalred

I always find some people get bored while others never seem to.

Luckily i never get bored i can stay in and be just as entertained as going out.

Got my son a pool table years ago and play on it daily /thousands of movies easily downloadable and just starting to get back into shape doing exercises.

Got a stack of old dean koontz books if i ever need them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, opalred said:

i have been staying home as advised for older people

As long as you stay away from large groups of people you can go out AFAIK. 

Fresh air, exercise, and sunshine is good for you

Been walking every day still.  At 61 even if I get infected <5% chance of becoming seriously ill

Can't catch a virus if you no one near to give it to you (don't touch any surfaces, or if you do use hand sanitizer immediately)

<300 cases in a country of 69 million people is very low risk compared to other dangers lurking outside 365 days a year under normal circumstances

Stay safe, stay clean, stay happy 

Peace

• Like 1

Staying home since mid January when I arrived back into Thailand from abroad; not that i am usually out or partying, after 20 years of Pattaya and Bangkok this fading out and getting boring. 

Will get every 2 weeks for a big shopping Big C, Makro or Tesco, and buying every few days fresh produce from a local shop in the village. Making sure after this I wash my hand thoroughly; but I do NOT wear a mask if not in close contact with people (1 m distance rule apply). 

At home there is my garden and wifi internet, besides I am prepare myself for my working return to Europe, as my ship's first sailing is cancelled, have to wait for new instruction. Pretty much want to flight now, but have to wait for the new arrangement. So stay at home and get back to the usually... a walk, the garden, the internet.  

• Like 1

I am living in Chiang Mai, so staying inside is normal during the burning season. I took many pictures and drone videos the months before and now is a good time to edit them. Also because I found a very good new editing program (Luminar 4) I am very busy. The crazy stock market has my attention too.

16 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I like cooking with a wok. Stir fry. Not sure what you mean "just a wok". No utensil? No food?

well food yes. One wok. One bamboo turner. Priceless.

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Gardening...but in 37 degree heat it's not so much fun. I try to get out every other day...even if it's just to the local market and maybe a green tea at a coffeeshop...I bring my laptop and hang out for an hour or two. GF works all day and this month all her days off have been canceled (works for Tops market as a manager)...so not so much fun being stuck at home with nothing to do. 

You have an internet connection. Make use of it. Go online and you can find hundreds of things that you can do at home.

I also keep a journal - not every day but when I feel like it or something funny/memorable happens.

I use it when the internet goes as its an app on my Macbook (Journey - one time purchase - there are better but I hate subscriptions).

I find it is absorbing when you get a good topic, keeps yur brain working and will be really useful when dementia sets in for good. I may forget all about this <deleted> virus but I will always be reminded of some good times in Bangkok when I read them in 10 years time.

Edited by Saltire

Stay home.

Walk outside in the evening with the dog no people near by.

Internet is a god send.  Play world of war craft or Game of thrones winter is coming. Read Dean K books.

Walk around the garden 3 times a day picking up the poop from the 3 dogs we have. Play with our 8 cats. At present can still watch the Ausy Rugby League games live from Thursday till Sunday.

Watch Netflix just finished off the Crown loved it.  Sit on the deck and watch the fish jump in the clong.  Read the world news papers on line.  many more things.

I am happy.

I feel sorry for the younger people that need to be out and about  Hang in there folks

i have always wanted to play a music instrument 

when my kids were little they all played a little flute thing/horrible noise /i used to hid them

now older might learn to play to keep people away 

but cannot remember name of thing 

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I always find some people get bored while others never seem to.

Luckily i never get bored i can stay in and be just as entertained as going out.

Got my son a pool table years ago and play on it daily /thousands of movies easily downloadable and just starting to get back into shape doing exercises.

Got a stack of old dean koontz books if i ever need them.

You won't get much exercise playing pool, but plenty of boredom. ????

No confusion Poss, once you have an Internet connection with a wifi modem, a Smart TV brings a world of possibilities to look at.

Just set one up for my chum, 55" LG Smart......He is on cloud nine at the mo, left him watching his favourite Brit TV comedy....????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, opalred said:

i have always wanted to play a music instrument 

when my kids were little they all played a little flute thing/horrible noise /i used to hid them

now older might learn to play to keep people away 

but cannot remember name of thing 

Recorder ?

Bought my granddaughter one of these.

1F398E2D-5EAA-47AD-B590-879A34B0D35A.thumb.jpeg.f93d34dee60c49cdb4f67463284f3955.jpeg

Haven’t been able to deliver it yet , my son and his wife are grateful !!

• Like 1

Time start binge watching all those series I downloaded and never had the time to watch .

On season 2 of Sneaky Pete right now, Preacher ready for next week.

A bit of gardening , cycling, diy, learn to cook better !!

For those with small children who need attention all the time .

FE48621E-C282-419D-8174-48138A10F045.jpeg.cf5b77b684554be077d51e3710e0c581.jpeg

• Like 1