how do you handle staying home

opalred

If people are not careful, they can get fat.

Staying in, stress eating, ordering food delivery.

I did visit a German friend age 77 who has held up in his room for 2 weeks.

He has gained about 4 kilos.

I bet it is a pretty common result of all this.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If people are not careful, they can get fat.

Staying in, stress eating, ordering food delivery.

I did visit a German friend age 77 who has held up in his room for 2 weeks.

He has gained about 4 kilos.

I bet it is a pretty common result of all this.

In earlier posts u wrote us about your the 2 climax a day routine is that still on track since the Corona ?

• Haha 2

Exercise is very important. And you don't have to stay indoors to do that. Go for a good walk in a quiet area everyday. There also plenty of exercise routines on the internet one can follow. I love Qigong which I practice daily.

There's a new saying going around in the wellness world. It goes: 'sitting is the new smoking'. A comfortable chair and a big TV is tantamount to me, as a slow boring death, so I have neither. When I do sit it is to exercise my mind, usually with puzzles such as Sudoku or Kakuro.

But never sit for too long. Get up, walk around, do some stretching to stimulate mind and body.

There are so many things you can do when you start to search for them.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Gardening keeps me busy and keeps me moving, if anybody would like to call around & join in with some rigorous gardening pursuits they are welcome, no charge? 

I used to have a sign at the house I owned in Australia. It said " B##ger the garden, gone golfing".

Mrs today started uplifting my well established shrubs'n'fruiters; 

- taken a few steps to the left, and made new undersized holes...

and dropped them in

Next! (repeating)

she says she's gardening for fun!

(I reckon she's gone stir crazy already)

- and now I am busy repairing everything...

Next! (repeating)

didn't like it when told her she was safer just playing iPad

we had a party by the pool today!

no.. not what you are thinking lol it was just me, my wife and my 2 young boys + spotify global top 50 playlist (for the boys) a few pitchers of mocktails and a barbie.

bliss!

then went for a run and passed out, knackered ????

• Like 2

Sleep longer, it’s good for your immune system. Watch TV or Netflix, and make use of the internet. Reading can pass a few hours quite easily.

i don’t think it is healthy to lock yourself away. So go out for a walk or a cycle. But when out avoid crowds, shops, cafe ... just keep away from other people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I have an Ebook library that I am editing. I am also writing the story of my life (but in fits and starts).

I make bread and biscuits. Tomorrow hopefully I will make some puff pastry and if that works I will make some beef pies.

To the OP. Go onto the internet and find something that interests you and do it.

Learn to read, write and speak Thai. Find online crosswords to do. There are so many things I want too do at 75 years old that there are not enough hours in the day to do them all.

If you want to do something then do it. If you want to sit at home and complain that you have nothing to do, then please do so, but don't bother to tell us all.

I think OP lives in a bubble not like us country lads. ????

• Haha 2

Same as most of you, gardening, do "stuff" on the internet, read. For exercise I head to Central Festival in CM and fast walk the lengths of each floor twice, at least the air inside CF allows for some exercise. Oh, and Netflix, I'm OD'd on Narco's at present.

Edited by saengd

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I live maybe 2 minutes from a road that goes up a mountain and I can run for 25 minutes without seeing anyone.  An hour a day.  Dirt roads, mostly, and running up a hill is good for the heart.  I also run during the day to get the maximum vitamin D, if that's possible.  if your body can't handle it, walking will work.  get out, get the stress/anxiety out, then you will feel better. 

Running is great, but I can't because a fracture from a few years ago irritates if I do too much. So I stick to second best. I also have an elliptical trainer which I love using. Low impact but great aerobics.

'Walking is the best medicine'. Hippocrates (c. 460 – c. 370 BC)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saengd said:

Same as most of you, gardening, do "stuff" on the internet, read. For exercise I head to Central Festival in CM and fast walk the lengths of each floor twice, at least the air inside CF allows for some exercise. Oh, and Netflix, I'm OD'd on Narco's at present.

Great. I used to do that in Central in Udon Thani. All 4 floors and use the stairs both up and down again. I miss that since moving to the country.

Only my wife is venturing out from today,quiet chill out at the farm house in the countryside.Keeping local contact to a minimum,All Piano/English lessons etc closed off for now for my son,Play station for him every other day,Netflix and hopefully soon HBO,Treadmill,home

gym... watch the stock market...work

is closed for myself for the first time in years so trying to let go of my workaholic ethic....but for me personally it’s a big sigh of relief a big let go of rushing about!!

And we have a new puppy so I have time to train him properly.

1C19379E-64E1-48C5-8F71-913C0231525A.jpeg

• Like 2