how do you handle staying home

opalred

2 minutes ago, Omnipotent said:

for the first time in years so trying to let go of my workaholic ethic....

Absolutely. Never been a better time to embrace the alcoholic ethic. Sober up 3 months down the line and it will all be history.

• Like 2

Plenty of free online games (solo or against other players) covering sports, strategy games, cards, etc, etc to wile away some time. There is a golf game I enjoy. Ive read of some people writing "that novel they always wanted to write" or getting in contact with old friends (who might also be hunkered down), playing board games, and some of developing online business ideas. Whatever you decide, I hope you find something to knock down the boredom.

Edited by Silencer
  • Like 2

Gardening...but in 37 degree heat it's not so much fun. I try to get out every other day...even if it's just to the local market and maybe a green tea at a coffeeshop...I bring my laptop and hang out for an hour or two. GF works all day and this month all her days off have been canceled (works for Tops market as a manager)...so not so much fun being stuck at home with nothing to do. 

• Sad 1

No problem at all for me. I am a Radio Amateur and have a HAM license as well in Thailand as in Cambodia. Can do my hobby at home and even have safe contacts with people all over the globe, even with China without any fear to get the virus.

• Like 2

Is that bread out of a bread making machine? might get one. I stay upstairs out of her way while she is downstairs watching endless Korean soaps and stuffing her face every 2 hours, probably have one argument a day to lighten the mood ????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

I have been out and about everyday.

Good for you. I have a number of country walks around the village, so if 'social isolation' becomes imperative, that's where I'll be. Out there it's easy to keep your distance from others.

One has to beware of the so called 'cabin fever' and I reckon this is where village life will come into its own.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

• Like 1

If you are worried about being around people, maybe go out for a walk very early in the morning when not too many about. At least that way you can get some exercise.

Not total self isolation, but reduces the risk of contact. It depends on how you view any risk.

• Like 1

No different now than the last 3 years.

Dawn: Pot of Early Grey on the porch, walk with the wife 3 Km around village, check emails etc till about 10 AM, Cook breakfast, more computer time TV etc, Stop around 2 PM cook dinner, go local market etc, stop eating after 4, walk again around the village before dark, shower, Netflix or read. I enjoy cooking, always have, it takes up at least aa couple of hours a day.

Wife is busy all day looking after parents next door, cooking for them/herself, cleaning everything every day (again nothing to do with the virus), watch Thai movie on her tablet, laughs too much and too loudly watching talkshow Udom (he is actually hilarious some youtube have English subtitles) 

If I ever feel bored I drink a few beers on the porch and play loud 70's rock music. Ensures the neighbours also practice social distancing.

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, elgenon said:

1,000 piece jig saw puzzle and medical marijuana obtained through legal sources of course.

Plus swimming pools and making food with a wok. Just a wok.

9 minutes ago, elgenon said:

1,000 piece jig saw puzzle and medical marijuana obtained through legal sources of course.

Long before the days of the internet I did a lot of jig saw puzzles when I was working in Saudi Arabia. They are so calming and therapeutic. 

• Like 1