Thailand to tighten entry rules for all nationalities in virus fight

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, time2093 said:

You wont have to worry to fly 20 hours just to get denied as they wont even let you board the plane unless you have those two requirements as the new mandate was sent to all airlines.

aha, i was unaware of that. 

6 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

i used to have cigna, here in california.  i was scheduled for a knee replacement.  cigna sent me a letter, saying that the facility where the surgery would be done was out of network, but that they would cover it anyway.   so i had the surgery, it went well.  the facility where it was done sent cigna a bill for 36,000 dollars.    cigna said  nope, not gonna pay it.    they simply refused to pay.  i had to pay several thousand dollars out of pocket for the surgeon and the anesthesiologist.   fortunately,  the facility with the 36K bill did not come after me for their money.  they could have done so, legally.    cigna are scumbags, i would not trust them for anything. 

Cigna US and Cigna International are quote different

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justin case said:

what about for border hoppers on a non-o multi ?  

I only spend a few hours in some airport and fly back the same day , every 90 days...

but with no countries left to fly too

Correct. You can't fly in now. I was due weekend trip to Saigon in a week. Can't go now even though I have multi for Vietnam. Impossible to obtain the insurance and medical for return. My trip was just social. 

For folk like yourself needing to obtain your next 90 it's becoming serious. Thai government must be aware of this but are not providing people with advice.

Anyway regarding this medical and insurance, why play games. Australia just imposed no entry into Au unless you are citizen or resident. Achieves same result without the rubbish. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

vote with our feet. .   there are other places to go, where we are not treated with contempt. 

Like where exactly?

Italy, Uk, Spain?

This is not unique to Thailand and every country will do the same, Kid.

The level of ignorance and amount of "what about me" on this page after the same people complained that. not enough was being done.

This needs to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, monkfish said:

Where to get these medical certificates I've seen they are issuing them in Thailand after a negative test but are other countries also issuing them?
According to this source the requirement is also for Thai.
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/03/19/prayut-orders-all-travelers-to-present-virus-certificate/

This seems like a block on travellers without directly blocking them I wonder why.

Thailand will fold. Finished 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Monomial said:

The Thai embassy won't even give you a visa right now without showing the insurance coverage and health certificate to prove you can legally travel there. So yes. That is what it means. You should get tested in Thailand before you go and complete your stay in Laos within 72 hours.

Do you know this from experience?

A little late but pretty much what most countries in Europe, Middle East and North America are doing - we don't need a piece of paper to return to the USA but would have to self quarantine 

It's a completely different story whether these measures will make an impact as the virus by now is established in the countries anyway.  No need to ban foreign citizens 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, justin case said:

what about for border hoppers on a non-o multi ?  

I only spend a few hours in some airport and fly back the same day , every 90 days...

but with no countries left to fly too

That won't work if you don't have the paperwork.  

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The Thai Consulate in Savannakhet started enforcing the medical certificate TODAY Thursday 19th. No certificate, no visa.

Talked to the embassy here in Canada about getting home to my wife in Thailand. They told me I needed the 100,000$US travel insurance (which no-one is selling here, now), and I need to be tested for COVID-19 and show negative within 48 hours of departure (right now there's a 4/5 day wait for results non urgent results). No insurance, no visa. No medical certificate, you'll be turned away at Suwannaphum. So now I don't know when I'll see my wife again. ????????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

49 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

Incorrect! My Cigna coverage is fine, in fact they just sent me an advisory mail telling me I was covered.

we are talking about travel insurance not health insurance - people with current policies are generally fine but if someone goes to get new travel insurance for a holiday generally it is excluded 

so we are talking about two different thing my friend ????

• Like 2

Quite honestly, we know that Governments can grind the world to a total halt, and they have.

Fair enough, I wonder if they can judge when to turn it back on?

Tourism is now zero. Trade shipments are curtailed. And its very bad. 

What are the parameters to start back up? that is what I want to know.

21 minutes ago, DLock said:

Like where exactly?

Italy, Uk, Spain?

This is not unique to Thailand and every country will do the same, Kid.

The level of ignorance and amount of "what about me" on this page after the same people complained that. not enough was being done.

This needs to happen. 

i'm not a kid, Junior.   and there are still places to go. 

12 hours ago, glennb6 said:

Tourism 2019 was about 20% of thai GDP. Poof, annnnnnd it'd gone.

Ban government.

And poof it is decimated in the USA as well.. and in Europe..

At least in Europe governments will assist people and in the USA government will assist companies,  it will be tough in Thailand without any help coming 

• Like 2

why don't they just man up and close the borders until this thing is under control - nobody wants to come here for a holiday anyway as once here you are in the lap of the dogs and could very well end up stranded 

I now have 4 friends due here on holiday over the next 3 weeks and they have all cancelled, 2 that just arrived are now wishing they had cancelled and are trying to cut their holiday short and go home

10 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

Talked to the embassy here in Canada about getting home to my wife in Thailand. They told me I needed the 100,000$US travel insurance (which no-one is selling here, now), and I need to be tested for COVID-19 and show negative within 48 hours of departure (right now there's a 4/5 day wait for results non urgent results). No insurance, no visa. No medical certificate, you'll be turned away at Suwannaphum. So now I don't know when I'll see my wife again. ????????????

You can always use Skype for now.

48 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

aha, i was unaware of that. 

Seems like a lot of guys are not aware you need on check in otherwise you ain't going anywhere

news_other-20200319-055112-0.png

Edited by ChipButty