Ryuka Motorcycle

stament

Just now, Kwasaki said:

1. My Thai friend had one because it looked big bike.

He didn't have problem apart from him finding it expensive on fuel & service, he traded back in for a Wave. 

2. He didn't have a problem with service parts, only I found they over tighten the chain. 

3. Quality is poor, what you expect from a bike that cheap, rust had to be kept an eye on.

Get a CB250 s/h if you don't wanna pay for new.

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

".......free servicing at any official Ryuka/Zhongshen dealership - worldwide......"

You hard to find many of those in Thailand, I think there was one in the whole of Phuket and they said there were the GPX shop but support ordering Ryuka parts if asked, I doubt they would do any free servicing ! - I think everything on that bike will fall apart except the engine and then those need repair from your own pocket...

I'm glad you had good by experience with your Ryuka RS1 bike, I heard otherwise, I did research it a couple of years ago, most owners of that bike told me a 20 years old Honda Phantom will be better .... !!!  I still think a well-known brand name bike, even a used one, will be far better option for Thailand and also if travelling all the way to any neighbouring countries, Cambodia, Vietnam, you name it.... I have never seen a Ryuka in any of those during my travels.

So you have never had one yourself but was told it was better to buy a 20 year old Honda??? Sounds to me like that's exactly what YOU should do then mate. 

I live in a tiny little town in the South of Thailand and I have 2 places I can currently go to. One sells them + parts and the other is an ex mechanic who has now set up on his own. In the 4/5 small towns which I have lived in over the 3 years I have owned it I can usually find 4-5 different places to get my free servicing. Langkawi, Penang and Malaysia generally was pretty much the same. Your post is stuff & nonsense chuffer!

Edited by artiz
  • Haha 1

As I said you have been lucky, if I find a few more people to support your great experience with Ryuka I change my mind, until then, I go with majority reports and experiences...

I do own a Chinese bike in another country and well aware of how they rust and fall apart, and the quality of ride, I never buy them by choice over well-known brands...

I rented a Keeway 200 here once, similar to Ryuka, rode it from Phuket to Krabi and back, it was like riding a tractor....

5 minutes ago, Agusts said:

As I said you have been lucky, if I find a few more people to support your great experience with Ryuka I change my mind, until then, I go with majority reports and experiences...

I do own a Chinese bike in another country and well aware of how they rust and fall apart, and the quality of ride, I never buy them by choice over well-known brands...

I rented a Keeway 200 here once, similar to Ryuka, rode it from Phuket to Krabi and back, it was like riding a tractor....

More stuff & nonsense is even more irrelevent. If you don't have anything useful to post why bother?

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, artiz said:

More stuff & nonsense is even more irrelevent. If you don't have anything useful to post why bother?

Okay, here is my useful post to OP,  don't buy Ryuka, it's like throwing your money away, and endless hassle... 

Then again don't listen to the majority, and go with one guy's fab experience and buy one...!

Good luck either way....????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Okay, here is my useful post to OP,  don't buy Ryuka, it's like throwing your money away, and endless hassle... 

Then again don't listen to the majority, and go with one guy's fab experience and buy one...!

Good luck either way....????

Puerile trash-talk from a know-nothing... useful? Erm... no! Try again?

Edited by artiz
  • Confused 1

There are always 2 sides to an experience. One of my bikes in Thailand is Thai/Chinese. And 7 years old , used off road , still looking and going great. Other people , perhaps not so mechanically minded , have had issues. These generic bikes from years past were not so good. Cheap . But maybe too cheaply built. They are much better now , but still maybe too much of an unknown quality for some people. Those may be better of buying an old bike from "the big 4" companies. 

• Like 1