Ryuka Motorcycle

stament

A friend spoke about these motorbikes and I searched for some reviews but the threads were very old and said parts were difficult to get hold of.

Few Qs if you don't mind

1/ are these motorbikes reliable? T

2/ are parts more readily available now than a few years back?

3) what is the quality like?

They seem quite cheap so guessing the quality isn't up to a Honda, Yamaha, etc.

Also I read they are difficult to swell second hand but just wondering if ok for a bike in the village, nothing fancy.

1 don't know never owned one.

2. Parts and finding a mechanic to work on them might be a bit difficult..however I believe that a lot of parts where "copied"  from the big 4 bike manufactures  so the engine maybe a copy of a Honda and most parts fit you just have to find out which engine was copied and order parts from Honda..almost everything else could be swapped out for nearest matching parts as and when they fail.

3. not brilliant but could be worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zongshen is the company that makes Ryuka motorcycles.

They are a cheap Chinese made bike and as you can imagine, the quality in middle class.

Obviously, not up to Honda, Yamaha etc ....

Remember the sayinyg '  you get what you pay for '   that goes without saying with Ryuka.

Nuts and bolts come loose after time, fittings are sloppy, and getting parts is difficult although not impossible.

Thousands of Ryuka bikes have been sold in Thailand as the price is lower than other brands and the budget suits many. 

Parts inside the engine are all chinese made and can break after years of use. 

After time, the engine won't start as easy as the more expensive brands due to wear and tear.

Would I buy one .. ?   if that's my budget and it is suffice for the job then possibly.

• Thanks 1

Ryuka , and GPX are both well respected companies by those who know. They use Chinese components - sane as Honda etc , but the finished product quality isnt as  high as Honda etc. They are however much cheaper. If you only want a new cheap runabout , the classic Ryuka CUB (similar to Honda cub ) is from 30K Baht. The Honda super cub is 110K Baht. Thats some difference. Is the Honda better. Yes. Is it worth the extra . Depends on how you feel about brand names , hype and your planned use. Any decent mechanic can keep these type of bikes going for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, brokenbone said:

if it was me, never in my life would i buy it,

i would buy a 2nd hand honda/yamaha,

every last mechanic on every last soi has the spares when its needed.

And this is an option. Brand new bike , or 5/6 year old Honda. Same parts could fit both. Only one has had someone put a "Honda" sticker on the fuel tank when it was assembled/built. In whatever factory assembled/built it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

My bad. 2018/2019 price is 89,000 Baht. Bargain !

HONDA SUPER CUB ฮอนด้า ซูเปอร์ คัพ (สตาร์ทมือ/ดรัมเบรกหน้า) ราคา47,390.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In a country when you can buy the big three manufactured bikes with plenty of spares and service shops there is no point to buy Chinese with not many parts and mechanics for it... ! 

As mentioned a used well-known brand is much better option... I spoke to few Ryuka owners and they said the quality and ride is also not that good...

I have a Chinese bike myself in another country, but you can't buy the big three brands there, they have no shops and not imported due to ridiculous tax regime, however,  95% of all bikes there are Chinese and every corner has a mechsnic for it and sell their parts really cheap, hence when in Rome.... !

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Agusts said:

In a country when you can buy the big three manufactured bikes with plenty of spares and service shops there is no point to buy Chinese with not many parts and mechanics for it... ! 

As mentioned a used well-known brand is much better option... I spoke to few Ryuka owners and they said the quality and ride is also not that good...

I have a Chinese bike myself in another country, but you can't buy the big three brands there, they have no shops and not imported due to ridiculous tax regime, however,  95% of all bikes there are Chinese and every corner has a mechsnic for it and sell their parts really cheap, hence when in Rome.... !

The big 3 being Honda, Yamaha and ..... Suzuki or Kawasaki?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Denim said:

I think he meant the super dupa 125 cub

3c55c88d8b5c58bb6c3bdf1064a0db29.png

ordinary 110 is around 47,000

HONDA SUPER CUB ราคาผ่อน

Thats the only one i found. Super dupa , LOL. It looks very nice with a front disc. I like those Ryuka models with the multi spoke wheels. Theres about 60/70 spokes on them. Looks cool.

I do rather like mine @stament... I bought it just over 3 years ago brand new. I've been in and out of Thailand touring around SE Asia on it for the last few years. Doing visa runs on it were a blast. I've done 30,000 km so far and the only thing I have replaced of any value has been a drive/wheel cog and chain... I am a big bloke after all. A few niggly problems like lights which are a bit dodgy plus a few bolts falling off... yes! Apart from that 60,000 Baht on the road has been a very good deal so far. Resale value is not the best but if I now sold it for 25,000 baht it would still be an unbeatable deal as far as I'm concerned. All the Thai towns usually have a Ryuka dealer/mechanic/order parts... not an issue. Could never see me riding around on a moped... wasn't going to happen!

WP_20170224_19_23_54_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Denim said:

Especially if you throw some money at it. The Suzuki I mean

suzuki (2).jpg

That is the issue when it comes down to it... throwing your money away! Love this little Suzuki above but the Ryuka Retro RK110 is just about perfect for buzzing around most of Thailand. You get a 3 year/30,000 km engine warranty and also free servicing at any official Ryuka/Zhongshen dealership - worldwide.

Would I buy one in my home country??? Probably not... but I'd far rather gamble with a lower stake when I'm travelling thanks.

14 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

OK so who puts these together? Anyone who the workshop?

I lost the link when I upgraded to Windows 10 but a google search might get it if you dig a little. Somewhere in Thailand. But you can see it won't be cheap as a lot of expensive changes have been made.

11 hours ago, artiz said:

That is the issue when it comes down to it... throwing your money away! Love this little Suzuki above but the Ryuka Retro RK110 is just about perfect for buzzing around most of Thailand. You get a 3 year/30,000 km engine warranty and also free servicing at any official Ryuka/Zhongshen dealership - worldwide.

Would I buy one in my home country??? Probably not... but I'd far rather gamble with a lower stake when I'm travelling thanks.

".......free servicing at any official Ryuka/Zhongshen dealership - worldwide......"

You hard to find many of those in Thailand, I think there was one in the whole of Phuket and they said there were the GPX shop but support ordering Ryuka parts if asked, I doubt they would do any free servicing ! - I think everything on that bike will fall apart except the engine and then those need repair from your own pocket...

I'm glad you had good by experience with your Ryuka RS1 bike, I heard otherwise, I did research it a couple of years ago, most owners of that bike told me a 20 years old Honda Phantom will be better .... !!!  I still think a well-known brand name bike, even a used one, will be far better option for Thailand and also if travelling all the way to any neighbouring countries, Cambodia, Vietnam, you name it.... I have never seen a Ryuka in any of those during my travels.

Edited by Agusts