WHO praises Thailand for its efforts to contain COVID-19

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Brer said:

Around here there are many people ignorant of Corona which is evident in no mask, the sitting around drinking whiskey with the one glass for the whiskey and one glass for the water.

Ignorance is bliss

54 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

So funny, Anutin photographed with the maskless WHO doctor... This WHO doctor must be getting some nicely padded envelopes, he clearly needs to get out and about more before he starts praising Thailand for controlling the spread of CV19.. How can Thailand be praised when it is only reporting 1 death, which is hard to believe given the fatalities in countries around the world..

image.png.eea09da5aa38ed20733732464f6b95b8.png

what is Italy doing differently, why is it being hit so hard, it really does stand out from the rest, mortality much higher than anywhere else and yet they have top notch medical facilities

I read that Italy accepted supplies from China because Brussels and other EU countries offered nothing

Did China send them more than medical supplies

doesn't make sense 

Something just doesn't add up

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, smedly said:

what is Italy doing differently, why is it being hit so hard, it really does stand out from the rest

As you say, it looks like they stand out from the rest. Does that mean you are blaming all other countries for hiding their numbers too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, smedly said:

I read that Italy accepted supplies from China because Brussels and other EU countries offered nothing

Did China send them more than medical supplies

Yes per WSJ article China also sent --

A group of 300 Chinese intensive-care doctors began to arrive in Italy on Wednesday ...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-doctors-and-supplies-arrive-in-italy-11584564673

But maybe that wasn't what was being implied was the 'more' that was being sent?

Edited by SkyFax
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Topic is Covid 19. That is what it has to do with.

WHO is praising Thailand, while POTUS is deflecting questions about the Covid 19 crisis in America.  For the Thai bashers, just one question.  Where would you rather be living?

No, Anutin said WHO praised Thailand which is the same as Trump saying CNN said he was America's greatest President.

29 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

As you say, it looks like they stand out from the rest. Does that mean you are blaming all other countries for hiding their numbers too?

what do you think - who is hiding numbers, have you a theory or are just trolling and making unfounded accusations

• Like 1

The Indian restaurants in Patong yesterday were a disgrace.

Aggressively going up to every person walking past inches from their face promoting their 39 baht beers. Gf said she felt saliva on her face from one of them.

We tried one a few days before the ban when they were less aggressive - once inside you get pestered to order a 300+ baht meal and get rude service if ordering anything on the promotion menu. 

Government should be targeting these places next.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, baansgr said:

If they could see the stupidity and bickering of bar owners in Pattaya and Bang Saray with no concern whatsoever except about loosing a few weeks takings, they may recant their praise

not all

Treetown was operating normally serving beers and was very busy - coffee shops open with no restrictions 

I suspect the places still running normally are owned/run by influential people who operate as they feel like unchallenged 

2 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

The Indian restaurants in Patong yesterday were a disgrace.

Aggressively going up to every person walking past inches from their face promoting their 39 baht beers. Gf said she felt saliva on her face from one of them.

We tried one a few days before the ban when they were less aggressive - once inside you get pestered to order a 300+ baht meal and get rude service if ordering anything on the promotion menu. 

Government should be targeting these places next.

sounds about right 

restaurants should not be excluded from these closing banns, they are enclosed spaces that serve the public - no different than bars 

1 minute ago, smedly said:

sounds about right 

restaurants should not be excluded from these closing banns, they are enclosed spaces that serve the public - no different than bars 

There is a small difference. Don´t take it wrong, I actually agree with you. However, restaurants serve food, that is a necessity for people and bars do not.

If it was up to me, I would close the whole country for 30 days, with only guards patrolling the streets. Unfortunately that will not be enough. There will always be a couple of countries that don´t. That means the virus will still be spreading even after 30 days. In other words, I will come back and bite us in the ar5e, disregarding how you turn around and how many times you do it, until a vaccin has been made, approved av distributed.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The WHO’s Dr. Daniel Kertesz called on Mr. Anutin Charnvirakul at the Ministry of Public Health for discussions on the global COVID-19 situation.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Anutin. Where did you go to medical school?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I am so tired! Trolling is apparently a word that people start use when they don´t wont or can´t answer a question.

you will get reasonable answers to reasonable questions

I will not answer to blatant unfounded nonsense general accusations 

go find someone else to play your childish game  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

you will get reasonable answers to reasonable questions

I will not answer to blatant unfounded nonsense general accusations 

go find someone else to play your childish game  

Sure, I will. Got my answer already, by you avoiding to answer a second time. Have a nice day! ???? 

Edited by Matzzon

21 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

There is a small difference. Don´t take it wrong, I actually agree with you. However, restaurants serve food, that is a necessity for people and bars do not.

yes but they are not the only source of food just like bars are not the only source of Beer, it isn't about that - it is about limiting people from close contact with others - treetown in Pattaya was in full swing last night very busy serving many people beer and food - look at the ban in the UK - restaurants were not excluded but could offer a delivery service or perhaps takeaway - just no sitting

some of the little restaurants around pattaya that serve many could be issued with an order - no sitting - takeaway only - that would make some sense IMO

so yes come to treetown and order food to go - no sitting all night drinking 

PS - you got a reasonable answer to a reasonable question and sensible discussion ????

Edited by smedly