Thailand reports 188 new coronavirus cases, brings total to nearly 600

rooster59

3 hours ago, smedly said:

that boxing stadium has become very handy but lets be clear by their own admission 

this sudden apparent escalation is 100% among Thais

My Wife this  morning said she  should stay away from foreigners..................u cant help stupid and I really  let her  know 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chazar said:

80 % get  over it  without hospital intervention although smoking wont help and many Thai men smoke, 17% need a hospital, 3%  die............Thailand 60  million work it  out

Addendum, 17% (19% in NY state) require hospitalization due to severity... and most of those 17% would not receive the ventilator support etc. if the curve is not flattened and the overall cases kept rather low.  If infection spreads to 50% to 60% (which some are estimating higher) too fast... almost no one would have the support they needed.

1 hour ago, MikeyScars said:

Chinese should return all the masks and ventilators back to the countries which they received it from.  

They are doing this. However what the people do not realise everything what they do is calculated. Chinese make no losses. They can "donate" few masks and other gear but in the meantime when production is geared up they sell already masks for 5-10x the real value + other things not to mention they make killing from test kits already.

China "helping" is something western world does not seem to comprehend very well. I think I have learned something after spending there 28 years but every day I learn something new too.

Example (I do not go into details but just think who operates ports in Greece now...):

China Sends 1 Million Face Masks To Greece Amid COVID-19 Pandemic - Greek Health Ministry

China has sent to Greece one million medical and surgical masks, as well as other medical supplies amid COVID-19 outbreak, the Greek Health Ministry said on Saturday, adding that the total weight of cargo amounted to eight tonnes.

According to the ministry, 500,000 masks were granted to Greece by the Chinese government, while another half was sent by State Grid Corporation of China, a strategic partner of Greece's Independent Power Transmission Operator.
https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202003/17/WS5e701247a31012821727f8c0.html

+ there is even online consultation...
https://promo.guahao.com/en/global/pneumonia/

++ here in Malaysia (I'm in KL) we are now in lockdown until 31st but I guess it will continue after that.

Edited by FinChin67
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, peter48 said:

Surely Thailand’s CoVid19 deaths figure is so amazingly low because either a) not tested especially in regions b) recorded as viral pneumonia etc otherwise you guys are onto something

I don't think it likely foreigners have been dropping like flies, without the international media getting a sniff of it (through friends and family losing contact etc). Surely the tourist hotspots would be hit the hardest.

It may well be spreading fast (and not have spread fast earlier for inexplicable reasons), but I doubt the death toll is numbering in the hundreds or anything.

9 minutes ago, denby45 said:

What's with the farangs not wearing masks in Bigc. Almost 100% Thai's wearing them. Is this a macho thing. And if I see one more farang handling the all breads with his bare hands he is getting a clip. I am sick of giving tongue lashings. It's not working. Disgusting habit.

Den

Yesterday I didn't see anyone not wearing a mask at a Big C in Bkk, Thais and farangs alike.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And you think they have been testing here in Thailand appropriately........

Thailand is ranked number six in the world in terms of giving good health so don't question the number given by the ministry of health.

Watch video below for the interview with Anutin. His English is quite good compared to a lot of other Thai ministers.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Stop panicking you lot , even more so the ones who are not even in Thailand.

Australia has less than half thai population and just as many if not more cases. 

yes it’s spreading as expected and people are recovering 

i  try  to  keep  mentioning  the 80% figure who  dont  end  up  in  hospital

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Stop panicking you lot , even more so the ones who are not even in Thailand.

Australia has less than half thai population and just as many if not more cases. 

yes it’s spreading as expected and people are recovering 

You are right. I feel safer in Thailand with ONLY one death compared with Australia's 7 deaths and rising.

Must be Buddha's protection.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, peter48 said:

Surely Thailand’s CoVid19 deaths figure is so amazingly low because either a) not tested especially in regions b) recorded as viral pneumonia etc otherwise you guys are onto something

Israel 712 confirmed cases 1 death, Brazil 641 confirmed cases 4 deaths, Qatar 470 cases 0 deaths, Austria 2649 confirmed cases 6 deaths

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd

lot of other countires seem to have low deaths also where as others gone through the roof

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chazar said:

i  try  to  keep  mentioning  the 80% figure who  dont  end  up  in  hospital

People get very worried about going in for elective surgery when the doctor says there is a 2% chance of complications... yet many on here think a 3% mortality rate is nothing -- or -- 20% hospitalization rate is insignificant in the big picture of things.  When the cases are low (as they still are in most of the world - much lower than they can be) you can get support in the hospital and survive, if the healthcare system is overwhelmed -- in many countries you would just have to start picking which ones will have a chance of surviving while rejecting the rest.   It is still extremely early in the pandemic (case wise). 

• Haha 1

Well the Prophets of doom are now coming out

Want a total lock down of Bangkok 

There has been one  death so far .?

I think it would be wise to review all safety actions before going for a total lock down 

Not saying it won't happen but let's not rush in causing more panic buying ect 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tingnongnoi said:

Israel 712 confirmed cases 1 death, Brazil 641 confirmed cases 4 deaths, Qatar 470 cases 0 deaths, Austria 2649 confirmed cases 6 deaths

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd

lot of other countires seem to have low deaths also where as others gone through the roof

Two strains of the virus and it is still very early and you can get ventilator support as needed.  That won't be the case if the system is overwhelmed at the peak of the pandemic.  Getting it early has it's benefits.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Haha 1

Thailand is unique in the sense that so much of the young population works in the Bangkok/Chonburi area and then will return all over Issan.  There is much more inter-country travel than possibly any other country affected so far.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Addendum, 17% (19% in NY state) require hospitalization due to severity... and most of those 17% would not receive the ventilator support etc. if the curve is not flattened and the overall cases kept rather low.  If infection spreads to 50% to 60% (which some are estimating higher) too fast... almost no one would have the support they needed.

yes I  know the figures  vary from country to country,  just giving out the approximates when many seem to think this is  going to  kill  almost everyone

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chazar said:

yes I  know the figures  vary from country to country,  just giving out the approximates when many seem to think this is  going to  kill  almost everyone

Not everyone - maybe just 50 million worldwide.

Many others with scarred lung tissue affecting blood oxygenation.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1