Immigration Is Allowing 30 Day Extensions Of Entries (memorandum dated 18/03)

4 hours ago, capo 5 said:

I sent my details to British Embassy 2 days ago was hoping to get a reply today though nothing as yet.Not sure how long it takes daveyboy hope you get some good news soon

they say 2 days but can understand its taking longer.stay safe capo

3 hours ago, alw22 said:

I've given up.  The only way they will give me any extension is if the guest house owner certifies in person that I will remain in their house for the entire length of the extension, otherwise the owner will get in trouble with immigration.  It's unreasonable for me to ask her to take that legal risk.  I'll just hope for the best overstaying.

That is insane... Just when you think they couldn't go any lower, those little Hitlers bring in even more ridiculous demands, even in these desperate times for people who are stuck and need genuine help... Indonesia, Cambodia and other countries are automatically extending visas for all stranded visitors, but no not here... Shame on them... My dad is 75 years old, cannot get letter from embassy, his country already banned flights, Thailand closed land borders, so only way is to overstay... Thanks Thailand immigration, sc*mbags.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, alw22 said:

I've given up.  The only way they will give me any extension is if the guest house owner certifies in person that I will remain in their house for the entire length of the extension, otherwise the owner will get in trouble with immigration.  It's unreasonable for me to ask her to take that legal risk.  I'll just hope for the best overstaying.

You situation is almost identical to mine. This Monday I went through 1 hour line at Jomtien immigration and was refused A 30 day extension. Was asked to provide an embassy letter to get it. I got the letter yesterday stating that there are not flights to my country available. Got to the Jomtien immigration today. Waited in the line another hour (again a huge crowd of people) just to be asked for another document from the homeowner which they have never ever asked for before. No chances I will get that paper any time soon. I was so disappointed that I have asked the IO if she was serious. Yes, she was. For some reason, they don’t want me here and it is too late to go anywhere else.

ubonjoe (or anyone who knows) , is it possible to get a different visa after getting two extensions on a visa exempt entry ?

After getting the normal 30 day extension and the Corvid 19 extensions, will it be possible to then apply for and get a retirement visa ?

I talk to a couple of company's here regarding Visa Extensions.  And been quoted anywhere from 20,000-29000 baht for a 3 month extension without the letter from the Candien embassy.   Isn't the max fine 20,000 baht and anything over 90days gets you a one year suspension from entering the kingdom.  

Great time to milk people..... 

1 hour ago, bestie said:

I have to be careful because it's illegal to share news that could be fake. ???? 

Is it aloud to share a facebook link? 

If the source is not authoritative, eg not from a government agency or an embassy, do not post a link to it.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TamadeYao said:

I talk to a couple of company's here regarding Visa Extensions.  And been quoted anywhere from 20,000-29000 baht for a 3 month extension without the letter from the Candien embassy.   Isn't the max fine 20,000 baht and anything over 90days gets you a one year suspension from entering the kingdom.  

Could you provide the contact details of those companies? Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

You situation is almost identical to mine. This Monday I went through 1 hour line at Jomtien immigration and was refused A 30 day extension. Was asked to provide an embassy letter to get it. I got the letter yesterday stating that there are not flights to my country available. Got to the Jomtien immigration today. Waited in the line another hour (again a huge crowd of people) just to be asked for another document from the homeowner which they have never ever asked for before. No chances I will get that paper any time soon. I was so disappointed that I have asked the IO if she was serious. Yes, she was. For some reason, they don’t want me here and it is too late to go anywhere else.

They are shameful... Can you check-in in a hotel for a night and print your TM30 screenshot, would that work?

Does Jomtien usually need TM30 for 1st extension, or it's only for 2nd?

Here in Phuket (Patong I/O) when I did my 1st ext., they didn't need TM30 at all.

37 minutes ago, sallecc said:

They are shameful... Can you check-in in a hotel for a night and print your TM30 screenshot, would that work?

Does Jomtien usually need TM30 for 1st extension, or it's only for 2nd?

Here in Phuket (Patong I/O) when I did my 1st ext., they didn't need TM30 at all.

This is not an option anymore. They still need a guarantee letter from the hotel boss. They did not need this kind of letter just one month ago when I made my first extension. No doubts - the immigration uses pandemics as a reason to make our lives even more problematic. How kind of them...

P.S yes they always asked for the TM30 in Pattaya but the receipt of the payment for the accommodation was all that they asked for. Just a month ago I did my extension with it.

Edited by Zikomat

Why can you not just try a more friendly immigration office a short distance away?

Btw do immigration need your guesthouse owner to fill out a TM30 before they'll offer you a 30 day extension? It's just that a few places in the past I can't imagine them doing it and I've not had any trouble applying for extension.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TamadeYao said:

I went to repair my laptop today and that person bring thai tourist police for me, and that guy said if I had 20 more days, he can get me student visa? but he said 20000-29000 also I think, but for 12 months but he said like have to renew every 3 months.

Is this possible? I have no idea.

8 minutes ago, timoti said:

I went to repair my laptop today and that person bring thai tourist police for me, and that guy said if I had 20 more days, he can get me student visa? but he said 20000-29000 also I think, but for 12 months but he said like have to renew every 3 months.

Its best not to talk about those things on here 

5 hours ago, timoti said:

That sounds illegal.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, finy said:

Why can you not just try a more friendly immigration office a short distance away?

Btw do immigration need your guesthouse owner to fill out a TM30 before they'll offer you a 30 day extension? It's just that a few places in the past I can't imagine them doing it and I've not had any trouble applying for extension.

What another (and hopefully more friendly) IO NEAR TO Pattaya would you advise to me? May be Rayong? 

9 hours ago, finy said:

That's a good suggestion in case you have to deal with a rogue local IO imposing arbitrary rules of their own making.

But you should check the requirements of the other IO where you want to apply.  Some IOs want you to be TM30 compliant (meaning that the place where you are staying has filed a TM30 of you staying there), while others do not bother about TM30 compliance.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

What another (and hopefully more friendly) IO NEAR TO Pattaya would you advise to me? May be Rayong? 

I can't suggest a specific immigration office, you'll need to look around and ask. I know Chiang Mai is very good but it's too far away from you. So good ones do exist.

I do agree with Peter Denis though. Book into a hotel for the night before you go to the immigration office so your TM30 won't be an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

That's a good suggestion in case you have to deal with a rogue local IO imposing arbitrary rules of their own making.

But you should check the requirements of the other IO where you want to apply.  Some IOs want you to be TM30 compliant (meaning that the place where you are staying has filed a TM30 of you staying there), while others do not bother about TM30 compliance.

Any specific suggestions near Pattaya? 

Canadian embassy emailed me asking for info, again giving differing info that they don't give out a letter that will keep their citizens outside Canada. But they might provide one under exceptional situations.

For people who managed to get this letter successfully what excuse did they use?

1 hour ago, timoti said:

Canadian embassy emailed me asking for info, again giving differing info that they don't give out a letter that will keep their citizens outside Canada. But they might provide one under exceptional situations.

For people who managed to get this letter successfully what excuse did they use?

In same boat as you. Just got the email now. "Exceptional circumstances". Going to try and go there Monday. Although based here in BKK, not Chiang Mai . Any canadians that can share what they typed out and if in BKK can you just show up to get the letter stamped? Any info would be great. 

Edited by samisaurus
  • Like 1