Immigration Is Allowing 30 Day Extensions Of Entries (memorandum dated 18/03)

11 minutes ago, greggraham said:

The fact people that have been given a stamp all got "pending" does suggest maybe they're working out how much of an extension to give us? 

Under the current regulations the maximum based on an embassy letter is 30 days. They could very well issue this on the spot, no need for "under consideration". I think there is no objective reason to not give 30 days, imho this is based purely on xenophobia. Why would anybody in their right, under the current circumstances, force people to cram into a place more often than necessary?

Even if tomorrow the police chief might decide to change the regulations and issue 90 days extensions for applications based on an embassy letter (this was speculated by a poster a few pages prior), i don't see any logical reason why they would not give 30 days today.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Under the current regulations the maximum based on an embassy letter is 30 days. They could very well issue this on the spot, no need for "under consideration". I think there is no objective reason to not give 30 days, imho this is based purely on xenophobia. Why would anybody in their right, under the current circumstances, force people to cram into a place more often than necessary?

Even if tomorrow the police chief might decide to change the regulations and issue 90 days extensions for applications based on an embassy letter (this was speculated by a poster a few pages prior), i don't see any logical reason why they would not give 30 days today.

Could be that they are working on updating their regs internally, and all the signoffs will take a few weeks. So rather than granting 30 days now....they are putting everyone in a "holding pattern" until they get the updated rules formalized.  Maybe they expect to have things done by late April.  Just a wild guess from someone dreaming about 90 day stamps. ????

• Like 1

The airlines are closing down now too... this situation is clearly fluid! If we can't physically leave the country they will have to come up with a new 'fiendish plan' for extensions... or maybe not of course?

airasia flights update.jpg

Received at 19.45 pm this evening (26.03.2020)

Edited by artiz

I must sincerely apologise ladies and gentleman, it would seem that the information I was given is not correct. 

A 90 day extension will not be introduced tomorrow. My source has jumped the gun on that issue, as have I by posting it on here. I am very sorry for that. 

The issue of the assistance letter would appear to be factual though. Basically if you apply for it you will get it no matter what visa you hold and a new one will be required for any further extensions. That may ease the panic for some. 

Please try and remember this post when the Thai Visa end of year awards are held. I am very confident that I have a shot at the "knobhead of the year" award.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tomate said:

Im 99% sure that within 10 days they will say something major about Visas extension, just like Cambodia did today (everyone automatic extension until June).

I would be very surprised. Hope they shock me positively this time (would be the first time).

Tourist holding SETV/METV are getting "15 days under consideration stamps". That perfectly reflects the brain of Thai officials! The situation 99.999999% WON`T have changed in 15 days. So they force the people to go there again and the worst....those people will have a hell of 15 days, as they don`t know what will happen. In the worst case they get the "7days stamp" and are up on their own.

There are many guys (especially on METV) planning to stay a few more months here. And they are perfectly legal with a valid visa. If you have a flight in June/July, things may most probably have settled until then and they can take their regular flights back home. But here comes the main issue again..Thai officials don`t have the brain to think about such scenarios.  

Edited by SpanishExpat

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

I heard someone saying for all of these under consideration stamps that they need a bigwig to sign off on them and the lower ranks cannot do it when that person is not immediately available.

4 hours ago, artiz said:

The airlines are closing down now too... this situation is clearly fluid! If we can't physically leave the country they will have to come up with a new 'fiendish plan' for extensions... or maybe not of course?

airasia flights update.jpg

Received at 19.45 pm this evening (26.03.2020)

I flew Khon Kaen - CM, few hours ago, with Air Asia. They do roundtrip 1 time morning, 1 time night, everyday. Both KK and CM airport empty. We were around 10-12 in plane.

Most flight to Don Mueang were cancel.

Was looking at a Youtubers Channel today with his experience of looking for a visa extension today near  Mo Chit Bangkok or somewhere in Bangkok.He is Italian b.t.w. It looked totally crazy with 1000s of people trying to do the same .He was not in the first 3000 so has to return tomorrow Friday.He was also on the MRT which was nearly empty .Worth a look .His channel on YT is ,michele ponte . 

On 3/25/2020 at 11:05 PM, BangkokReady said:

@bangkokboy888, could you let us know what it says in your stamp please?  Was it permission to stay?

@audaciousnomad, would you be able to share a picture of the stamp here please?

sorry for all the confusion everyone. and thaanks to @vermin on arrival for making me aware that it is not a full extension but a stamp to come back and report on april 22. since i have never received a stamp like this before i was not aware of the nature of the 'extension' 

for the sake of anonymity during these times i will not post a picture, but it says "APPLICATION OF STAY IS UNDER CONSIDERATION APPLICANT MUST CONTACT AGAIN IN PERSON ON 22 APR 2020           

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I just got off the phone with the Canadian embassy in BKK.  Phone lady was requesting me to send a email to the them explaining the reason I need to stay.  Anyone else get this when talking to them. She was telling me that the Consular Services do not take phone calls anymore 

Edited by TamadeYao

Answered elsewhere but for those that read here, went to Sisaket Immigration today with my wife for a 60 day extension (my first extension since living here),for non immigrant O marriage visa . Brought marriage certificate,tabien bann,passport, wife's ID and 1900 baht. Was first one there at 8:00 am. Out by 9:15,no problems. No letter needed although I did have it in my phone from email. Hopefully borders open by June 25th,or they said to come back there,pending any other changes .

Edited by fredwiggy
Addition

I went back a 2nd day for my visa exemption extension with my tm30 form completely filled out and got rejected again.  He now says that my guest house owner must be present for interrogation.  Where did this rule come from?? It's not reasonable at all.

Edited by alw22
  • Sad 2

I posted this suggestion earlier > Instead of going back, could you not check in to an Hotel near-by and ask them for a print-out of the TM30-notification they make, and then return tomorrow morning to Trat IO for your extension?

It's not a matter that YOU fill in the form.  It's that the owner of the place where you are staying confirms that you as a foreigner are actually residing there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

I posted this suggestion earlier > Instead of going back, could you not check in to an Hotel near-by and ask them for a print-out of the TM30-notification they make, and then return tomorrow morning to Trat IO for your extension?

It's not a matter that YOU fill in the form.  It's that the owner of the place where you are staying confirms that you as a foreigner are actually residing there.

Thanks, yes I do have that with me.  She signed everything, including a copy of her ID and official business stamp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alw22 said:

Thanks, yes I do have that with me.  She signed everything, including a copy of her ID and official business stamp.

Normally the Hotel/guesthouse where you are staying simply fills in YOUR passport-number, TM-6 entry/departure card number and your name/nationality, on-line on the IO TM30 website.
If the place you are staying has not registered on the IO TM30 website (which is easy to do by the way), that place will not be able to file your TM30 on-line.

If you check in at a normal Hotel/guesthouse they will file your TM30 on-line and it will be available in the IO TM30 database which can be consulted by your local IO.  Asking the Hotel for a print-out that they filed your data on-line, is normally not necessary but you can of course do this to be sure that a current TM30 has been filed.

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Normally the Hotel/guesthouse where you are staying simply fills in YOUR passport-number, TM-6 entry/departure card number and your name/nationality, on-line on the IO TM30 website.
If the place you are staying has not registered on the IO TM30 website (which is easy to do by the way), that place will not be able to file your TM30 on-line.

If you check in at a normal Hotel/guesthouse they will file your TM30 on-line and it will be available in the IO TM30 database which can be consulted by your local IO.  Asking the Hotel for a print-out that they filed your data on-line, is normally not necessary but you can of course do this to be sure that a current TM30 has been filed.

Yes, that's what she printed out for me.  They have filed the electronic tm30 registration for me already.

• Like 1

I agree that it is not reasonable that IO denies your extension of stay, because the owner of the place where you are staying did not file a TM30 of you residing there.

But alas, that unreasonable approach has been standard practice at those IOs that require TM30 compliance when applying for an extension.  Not all IOs require it, and there are also those where you can do it on the spot (and paying the fine for not being in compliance).

But unfortunately it seems you are dealing with a 'hard-liner' IO.

Still my suggestion - checking in at a nearby hotel/guesthouse - and returning next day to the IO should work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alw22 said:

Yes, that's what she printed out for me.  They have filed the electronic tm30 registration for me already.

So what you are saying, is that your IO does not accept your application for an extension of stay even though you now have a TM30 from the hotel/guesthouse you are presently staying?

Time to call the IO helpline 1198, because that's not normal.

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

So what you are saying, is that your IO does not accept your application for an extension of stay even though you now have a TM30 from the hotel/guesthouse you are presently staying?

Time to call the IO helpline 1198, because that's not normal.

Yes, ok I'll call them

im on tourist visa and need letter from embassy to get extra 30 days.mailed them with all my details, proof of flight cancelled, proof of new flight booked etc.they said within 2 days get response but now into 3rd day and nothing.visa runs out on Monday 

• Sad 2

On 3/26/2020 at 2:29 PM, Detty said:

Thanks for the quick reply and important information. So I definitely need a letter from the embassy or consulate. In the meantime I have contacted the honorary consulate in Pattaya via email, described my situation and asked for a certificate to extend the visa. Now have to wait and see what happens. I hope the certificate comes soon.
For the rest, I come from Germany.

Consulate issues certificate for Vias renewal, but you have to appear in person to receive the certificate. What an effort. It cannot be done by email or post. No chance !
What has to be done now ?

1 hour ago, daveyboy69 said:

im on tourist visa and need letter from embassy to get extra 30 days.mailed them with all my details, proof of flight cancelled, proof of new flight booked etc.they said within 2 days get response but now into 3rd day and nothing.visa runs out on Monday 

People without embassy letters (or only generic printouts) seemed to get seven days.  Maybe head to immigration on Monday with email printouts and all your evidence and see if they will give you seven days extension?

I've given up.  The only way they will give me any extension is if the guest house owner certifies in person that I will remain in their house for the entire length of the extension, otherwise the owner will get in trouble with immigration.  It's unreasonable for me to ask her to take that legal risk.  I'll just hope for the best overstaying.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Detty said:

Consulate issues certificate for Vias renewal, but you have to appear in person to receive the certificate. What an effort. It cannot be done by email or post. No chance !
What has to be done now ?

Hi Detty I'm from Germany too. Try to write the German Embassy in Bangkok if you don't want to show up in person. 

https://bangkok.diplo.de/th-de/service/aktuelle-informationen/2320408#content_4

Here you can find what you need: https://twitter.com/GERinThailand?

Looks like they send it by email. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Igor Z said:

does anyone know where i can get the original of this memorandum in Thai language? the link in first post doesn't work.

have they published it on the website of https://www.immigration.go.th

????

covidextension.jpg.1ba0cf2b5913be1131215d8a0d1ef76c.jpg

But it's irrelevant because IOs don't have to follow it, these are just suggestions what they can do.

Edited by jackdd