Immigration Is Allowing 30 Day Extensions Of Entries (memorandum dated 18/03)

5 minutes ago, jaffas21 said:

Not applicable to non holders apparently you need evidence of a cancelled flight which obviously i dont have yet.. this is clearly for tourist visas what if your on a non b and you cant get out

Im sure there has been an updated version of this, which includes all visa holders, and no cancellation of flight details are needed

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#covid-19-visa-extension-applications--support-letter

Edited by PST

Today my embassy has informed me one more time that they will NOT give me any kind of letter for the purposes of prolonging my stay in Thailand. Can I take this reply to the Pattaya immigration? Will they care about me more than the embassy of my own country? Yes, for sure!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

So the seven days they gave from the end of his visa like a normal extension, but the 30 days they gave from his date of first applying.  How miserly.

Yes , that is ridiculous. Even not from the day of application (today). 

Just now, PST said:

Im sure there has been an updated version of this, which includes all visa holders, and no cancellation of flight details are needed

if anyone sees it let me know .. the british embassy site itself only mentions tourist visas .. is  it worth emailing them?

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I guess his permit to stay expired on 22.03., then he went to apply for an extension. His extension request was denied and he got 7 days to leave the country (29.03.)

Now he applied again and this time the extension was granted. The 7 days to leave the country is probably not considered as a regular extension, so the now granted extension starts on the day his previous permit to stay expired, thus allowing him to stay until (22.04.)

Same happens in case you were on overstay and apply for an extension, the days which you have been on overstay will not be added. So if somebody with a 10 days overstay applies for an extension, even though he pays 5k THB fine, he will only be allowed to stay 20 more days.

No his original date out was March 29 and then given 7 days to April 5, but today they only gave 30 days from the date of application

4 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

No his original date out was March 29 and then given 7 days to April 5, but today they only gave 30 days from the date of application

The day of application was today. They actually gave him An extension from the day of the ‘refused’ application on 22 or 23... Stingy as hell. 

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaffas21 said:

Not applicable to non holders apparently you need evidence of a cancelled flight which obviously i dont have yet.. this is clearly for tourist visas what if your on a non b and you cant get out

UPDATE - 24 March 21:00
????Announcement for British Nationals in Thailand ????????
The British Embassy can now issue a letter to support all applications from British Nationals to extend existing visas.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

The day of application was today. They actually gave him An extension from the day of the ‘refused’ application on 22 or 23... Stingy as hell. 

You're right. My bad. Maybe it was the initial refusal that hurt him. since the 7 day extension is the get out of town order.

Any more context. You got a second 30 day extension, right? With embassy letter or without? Which IO? Thanks for feedback.

13 hours ago, Smooth said:

My experience getting a visa waiver extension was straightforward. I got there early with my wife and young son (to avoid traffic on the way, as well as to get an early number), but when I lined up to get a number, they would not give me one because they said those with young children are first to go in at 8:30. (Cool, but best to wait by the door a few minutes before--around 8:15.) A very pleasant surprise, indeed. Once they let you inside (before those with numbers go in), you walk through the first room to the next and get your number at the desk. Others have posted about the visa waiver exemption extension process in detail, but I never saw the "those with children" go first info posted. I realize this does not help avoid the virus, but being among the first in, can mean you're one of the first out (if you did your homework and filled out your forms correctly in advance, etc.--They have a team of helpers in front of the extension section who screen and review your application forms to make sure they are complete, and that you have all the necessary photocopies, pics, etc.). I was not asked about the TM30 or onward tickets. Hope it works out well for you.

47 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

You said your previous extension was to expire on 29 of March and they gave you a new extension until 22.04 only? That is 7 days less than 30 days. What happens to these people? Why are they so stingy at these hard times?

I applied for renewal on 23 and was denied. So I think they’re counting from that date as 30 days after is apr 22

5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

You're right. My bad. Maybe it was the initial refusal that hurt him. since the 7 day extension is the get out of town order.

It certainly all sounds pretty begrudging and resentfully permitted.

Would be good to hear from someone else who was allowed an additional 30 days.

6 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

I applied for renewal on 23 and was denied. So I think they’re counting from that date as 30 days after is apr 22

What was the exact date that your permission of stay were to expire before you applied for any of the 2nd extensions?

Edited by bbi1

8 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

But it never was like this before. It should always start from the date your previous visa/extension ends. The date of application was always irrelevant in the past. 

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1

What about people who can't get a letter and just got a 7 day extension only once, that can not be given again? In this case, what are we supposed to do but overstay as they won't give even 7 days anymore without a letter from the embassy. I mentioned it in more detail here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1155503-does-chunburi-immigration-office-allow-second-extensions-due-to-coronavirus/ 

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

What was the exact date that your permission of stay were to expire before you applied for any of the 2nd extensions?

I will reply for him: he wrote above his previous extension was to end on 29.03.

1 minute ago, timoti said:

What about people who can't get a letter and just got a 7 day extension only once, that can not be given again? In this case, what are we supposed to do but overstay as they won't give even 7 days anymore without a letter from the embassy. I mentioned it in more detail here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1155503-does-chunburi-immigration-office-allow-second-extensions-due-to-coronavirus/ 

We are supposed to leave the country. 

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So the seven days they gave from the end of his visa like a normal extension, but the 30 days they gave from his date of first applying.  How miserly.

Perhaps by the book.... I often hear that the 7 days is not an Extension, since you have failed to qualify for one, and it has been refused. You are given 7 more days to leave Thailand. They are accommodating people, but sad they obligate an Embassy letter in these dire times.

Edited by jacko45k

3 minutes ago, timoti said:

Look at point 3 in the document in the OP by Ubonjoe.

An IO could issue you a 30 day extension for being affected by the Corona outbreak, but they have no obligation to do this. So you should try it with begging.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

An IO could issue you a 30 day extension for being affected by the Corona outbreak, but they have no obligation to do this. So you should try it with begging.

What kind of begging would suffice? Should I try to kiss the hands of the immigration officers? Not the best idea at the Covid times, I guess. What else?

5 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

What kind of begging would suffice? Should I try to kiss the hands of the immigration officers? Not the best idea at the Covid times, I guess. What else?

How much time has you left zikomat? When does your visa expire?

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If they have no obligation then what will they do? Fly you out of the country or charge you overstay? They gave no options and they dont seem very helpful in resolving matters.

Well, everyone is hoping that today or tomorrow this situation will be solved. Is this for sure? No. But after the Government impose the state of emergency.

I don't think they will let people going to the immigration anymore or you probably you can't anymore. Now you can only wait and see what happens next.

5 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

American embassy originally sent me the same form letter. I replied with my name,passport number and date of birth and they sent me a form with that on it. [email protected]     I don't think I'll need it as I have a non o marriage visa,live here, and have a child here,so I just need to hope immigration stays open until I go by April 6th

I have a feeling that embassies are already overloaded with genuinely needed emergency certifications and therefore it is advisable to refrain from making unnecessary requests for this document.

• Like 1