Extension due but stuck abroad?

Will there be any consideration for those who have a yearly extension (work visa) due in the coming month but are unable to come back in time due to the flight cancellations caused by covid19?

Edited by isam4530
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The OP should also note that currently Thai visas will only be issued to foreigners presenting a certificate of being free from infection and proof of having acceptable health insurance.

That is not correct info. Only needed to board a flight to here.

My experience and that of several others at the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet last Thursday was no visa can be issued unless those two documents were presented. I was applying for a 1-year multiple-entry O due to having family here but there was a whole minivan full of foreign teachers that were similarly rebuffed.

Are Thai visas, including Non B visas are being issued in the UK and embassies and consulates other countries without these additional requirements?

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Are Thai visas, including Non B visas are being issued in the UK and embassies and consulates other countries without these additional requirements?

Nothing about it on the London embassy website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742

As far as i know Savannakhet is the only location wanting it. There was a mention of Penang requesting them but not sure it was enforced.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing about it on the London embassy website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742

As far as i know Savannakhet is the only location wanting it. There was a mention of Penang requesting them but not sure it was enforced.

Yes, I browsed their website and saw that although they will still issue a visa, they mention that the airline will need to see the two 'unobtainable' documents.

Moot point for now with the borders 'closed'.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

do you know the cost of such insurance?

I got insurance last week with IMG, they said covid-19 is covered if you have no symptoms when its issued.

I paid 599 euro. 

PM me for details.

Edited by blackcab
Email address removed.

11 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

do you know the cost of such insurance?

A travel insurance from your home country is valid and those are not expensive. That's what everybody from overseas needs at the moment + the health certificate.

13 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

A travel insurance from your home country is valid and those are not expensive. That's what everybody from overseas needs at the moment + the health certificate.

But would it cover treatment for corvid 19 up to $100,000 US that is the requirement.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But would it cover treatment for corvid 19 up to $100,000 US that is the requirement.

If you have existing insurance they cannot renege on that but most  new insurance policies are excluding covid 19 cover. And if yiu have an annual travels insurance policy I hear they are covering you for the trip you might already be on but excluding it for new trips.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 12:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

There no provision at this time to get around needing to apply for new extension before it expires. I cannot think of a way that they could even do that without you being in the country.

All you can do is start all over again by getting a new non-b visa.

Just getting back to the situation of having an extension due while stuck abroad with a valid re-entry permit. I heard the announcement in English where they mentioned work permit holders who aren't able to return will given a year but should return as soon as the situation gets better? It seemed to have applied to just PR holders in the first extension amnesty.

Any clarity if it applies to all non-immigrant visa holders with reentry permits stuck abroad now?

My insurance, Cigna International,  will cover me, during my travels to Thailand if I become infected with Coronavirus or if it became Covid19.  I have a document from Cigna stating this fact. 

I guess all insurers are not equal when it comes to taking care of their clients.  

22 minutes ago, isam4530 said:

Just getting back to the situation of having an extension due while stuck abroad with a valid re-entry permit. I heard the announcement in English where they mentioned work permit holders who aren't able to return will given a year but should return as soon as the situation gets better? It seemed to have applied to just PR holders in the first extension amnesty.

Not correct.

Only those that have been granted a permanent residency can enter after the re-entry permit expires.

This from the annoucement done on the 7th.

image.png.49ec193d196fe290558c92159c781ef4.png

Sad to see that Immigration think only of people blocked in Thailand. (see post below)

Nobody to think of those who are blocked abroad, can't come back,

and will have their ReEntry and yearly Extension expired soon  ????

Looks like we will have to restart from zero for Extensions (Retirement, Mariage, ....)