Covid-19: Government to impose state of emergency

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Living in Florida. The current situation is there is no lock down of any type, people are free to move around and many are still having to go to work. Those that are able to work from home, many companies are allowing them to do so. Some major attractions like Disney and Universal are closed temporarily. The supply lines to the groceries stores are holding up well, there was a temporary shortage of toilet paper and other things (hoarding mentality), however I have always found the major food items to be well stocked. The price of gasoline has dropped to its lowest point in a couple of years. Lots of fast food restaurants have the drive thru and carry out open, but no sit down service. Lots of food home delivery options. Beaches closed off the parking lots, however people park elsewhere and are still on the beaches. All schools and colleges have gone to online classes for the rest of the year. Includes our son's college. He is now doing it online from home. The media seems to drive an excessive hysteria, pulling out horror stories here and there that fit their marketing needs. (paid news) when the numbers of cases versus an entire population, are much lower than the common flu. The common flu killed 80,000 people last year with not one story making the news? You have to really question that? People for the most part seems to be aware, most of the stores have taped X's on the floor of the checkout registers to ensure people don't stand to close together (social distancing). US Government is trying to pass a CV bill that the democrats have stalled that would get every person $3,000. If you understand the numbers, the odds are greater getting struck by lightning than this virus. To add one more thing? You hardly see anyone anywhere wearing a mask at all.

This is actually SARS2, not the flu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Will people be surprised if the government impose a mandatory mask wearing for everyone including foreigners?

Around the chin like most do including the PM and his cronies

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parsve said:

And could you please tell me in what way that make any reacting to the numbers positive or negative wrong, and also please explain to me how the economical down spiral is to blame on the politicans who all over the world try to help  industries to survive while main actors like investors stop theire investment in a try to save theire money.

I shall interject: Politicians are the ones who control the power of the gun and jail. Only ones. They are are the class who produce nothing but must receive tax tributes. Politicians are the ones who write and approve bills to become laws. Politicians are interested in continuation of THEIR system and tend towards being ego driven to the point of being sociopaths. Politicians often believe that THEY created money and value whereas they merely leach and loot from those that have money, big and small. Politicians often do what they think will be perceived as good regardless of whether reality or not.

I could write pages, but I think you get my view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As usual, very vague. What time do these measures take effect on Thursday? At the stroke of midnight? During the day? Evening time? I, like many others, just want to get out of BKK and return to family. I reckon it'll be a long drive back upcountry tomorrow and Thursday... 

2 minutes ago, Cristiancjb said:

A question, if I understood correctly, there is gonna be a month long curfew from Thursday the 26th. What does it more exactly mean? No one can get out, not even to buy food etc? What happens if one gets out? Killed on sight? ????

Could be anything, but just for reference, here's how it works in Germany: https://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/germany-imposes-tougher-restrictions-on-public-life-a-fe5a067b-ee7a-4521-9940-edfa637f90de

4 minutes ago, Cristiancjb said:

A question, if I understood correctly, there is gonna be a month long curfew from Thursday the 26th. What does it more exactly mean? No one can get out, not even to buy food etc? What happens if one gets out? Killed on sight? ????

A curfew is a regulation requiring people to remain indoors between specified hours, typically at night.

Other restrictions will probably apply, but essentials such as purchasing food supplies are termed essential.

This is getting off topic and would like to know what the state of emergency measures will be.  Not that I am more than impressed by some of your personal visa issues, but this topic is a lot more important to us.

I was here in Thailand when the airports were closed by demonstrators and the military had to take over. I was here, but a tourist on a holiday at that time. The rest of the world was not in crisis.  Like it or not, we have the Junta in charge again, they have done the right thing by the many in situations that were blown up by a few wealthy egos then.  I sincerely hope all of your visa issues are the least of your concerns today!  Stay safe and listen to medical practitioners that have been dealing with this or have studied it with enough education to advise.  The death of the people that catch this and die within a few days has been experienced before by the world.  That WHO, CDC and others are refraining from calling a spade a spade is beyond understanding now.  Hope to be here in a few months when this is clarified by them. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

All those ventilation machines and other stuff - there is a big probability there will not be enough of those for the sick locals soon. 

Elon Musk just bought over 150 ventilators and donated them to hospitals in his home town! Wow!

Now, who is Thailand has shed loads of money and could do the same??? If someone would just do something for the people here, their popularity would be sky high. But who is going to step up?Musk got them from China.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I would wager that they would be forced to shutter between 6 pm and 6 am with no service, dine-in or take-away. Otherwise why bother with a curfew?

A wager I wouldn't cover! makes sense to open minimum hours, delivery services are going to be busy!

There won’t be anything to enforce on Thursday because they have announced nothing yet. You and I can go to the airport on Thursday and probably other days. This is FAKE news but will become less fake by the weekend. I mean only a moronic government would say what this article is NOT saying clearly. Thank Buddha my flight out is 8:15. Nobody gonna stop me. ????

Edited by alex8912