Netizens look to uncover those responsible for spreading virus

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, Caldera said:

"Several Internet users started demanding accountability from the Army after they learned the boxing ring was run by the Royal Thai Army."

That they just learned this goes to show how well informed (not) the public here generally is. Sad.

The boxing and other businesses owned by the army are often used to explained otherwise unexplained wealth of senior officers but the accounts of these businesses and emoluments paid to officers who manage them are not disclosed to the public.

I agree that it's odd that public were unaware of the ownership of the boxing stadiums before.  The 9,500 seater super spreader Lumpini stadium is on part of the armed forces golf course and sports complex at Ram Indra which makes is pretty obvious. They carved a corner off from it to house the stadium when site of the original stadium was taken back on Rama IV Road. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maprao said:

The Government will soon refer to it as the Italian virus because it couldn't have possibly come from anywhere else.

People I know still say foreigners are spreading it. Until this happened I didn't realize how indoctrinated the Thai people I MIX with are. Conditioned indoctrinated almost brain washed ????

I am afraid that other countries may end up calling it the Thai virus.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Is this woman still alive?

Apparently that photograph was not taken in China but in the Seychelles or somewhere as part of a documentary.  

I saw a British expert on TV explaining how zoonotic transfer from bats to humans or other animals is believed to take place. Bats tolerate all kinds of nasty viruses without getting sick unless they are put under stress.  Of course being kept in a cage in a market prior to being killed and eaten places them and all the other animals subjected to this sadistic treatment under horrible stress.  So they get sick in the cages and the viruses are able to mutate and move into other hosts including humans. 

You could call it a form of zoonotic revenge that the whole planet now has to suffer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Apparently that photograph was not taken in China but in the Seychelles or somewhere as part of a documentary.  

I saw a British expert on TV explaining how zoonotic transfer from bats to humans or other animals is believed to take place. Bats tolerate all kinds of nasty viruses without getting sick unless they are put under stress.  Of course being kept in a cage in a market prior to being killed and eaten places them and all the other animals subjected to this sadistic treatment under horrible stress.  So they get sick in the cages and the viruses are able to mutate and move into other hosts including humans. 

You could call it a form of zoonotic revenge that the whole planet now has to suffer.

...and it's not just bats. Stacking various different types of animals on top of eachother in these markets are a recipe for disaster. All kinds of bacteria and viruses mix between animals, morphing into new viruses, with some capable of jumping to humans. We will see new viruses coming out from these markets forever until they are cleaned up or shut down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:
17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is the point of this stupid blame game?

You have lived in Thailand for how long? The blame game is the biggest thing going, and always has been. You can bet your <deleted> to a barn dance that virus is a farang virus not a chinese one, just saying.

Since 25 years - in Bangkok.

It seems the blame game happens on Thai Visa and on facebook and social media.

Most people who I know personally don't blame anyone else or any specific nationality.

But I guess if I would know people who like to blame others then I wouldn't talk much with them anymore. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

When a photo says more than 1,000 words. 

bad bats.jpg

That photo/video was taken 3 years ago, and not in China but Palau for some travel show, one of those "dare you to eat this" bits

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Most people who I know personally don't blame anyone else or any specific nationality.

But I guess if I would know people who like to blame others then I wouldn't talk much with them anymore. ????

I agree with you a hundred per cent, but I am not talking about you and me, or Thaivisa or facebook or your personal group of friends.

Thai news, radio, or sanook online, manager etc, these guys are getting seriously ugly.  I just finished the noon news and one announcer was really into it. It sells yeah. This has magically morphed from a Chinese virus to a farang one. And dirty farangs are spreading it around. I'm sure you remember Anutins little gimmick yada yada yada. That is what has been done. Yes it's crazy, yes it really is non productive, yes yes yes.

Thailand does not like to accept responsibility for anything, they are very good finding places to blame things. So in the future when someone yells at you, cuts you off and shakes a fist, or worse, no worries  ...  They blame you, just local culture in action.

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that shows how much his own people listen to him or follow his orders..... he should know better, for the Army, money talks louder

Let's hope those responsible for this decision and their sponsors are very happy with the money they made out of it at the expense of human suffering. I am sure for them it is nothing that a 500 baht merit making session cannot fix.

They are a nasty lot there. I knew a Thai boxing trainer who survived a murder attempt at the old Lumpini Stadium. He was ordered to have his student lose a fight by the mafia but didn't do as he was told and his student won. As he left the stadium that night he was run over by a pick up truck that sent him flying 20 metres. They drove off and left him for dead. But he survived with multiple broken bones and teeth and was in a coma for two weeks.  After that he had to sell up his house in Bangkok and flee to the provinces. It is clear a few thousand human lives would not mean much to those guys, if they can make money out of it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Keep demanding from this government and you will end up either in IDC on some type of charge, or if your Thai, at some re-education facility....

It is worth noting that two important points in the emergency decree were to do with special powers to suppress media content and close down media outlets alleged to be spreading false or scary news.  That seems to imply that the truth would be no defence.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, YetAnother said:

you already know who is accountable; stupidity = army

No point looking for the spreaders anyway. What would they do? Stand in front of them and poke fun at their haircuts? They're Thais for God's sake, Thais don't do vigilante stuff... unless there's 30 of them...

Edited by ParkerN

Hundreds of Muslims who attended a religious festival in Malaysia have gone down with the virus and sent infection figures soaring by 63 percent.

One wonders: will the PM tomorrow, as part of the emergency measures,  announce the closure of all Thailand's mosques, churches and (whisper it) more than 20,000 temples?

Don't hold your breath. Well, not for too long, anyway.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Hundreds of Muslims who attended a religious festival in Malaysia have gone down with the virus and sent infection figures soaring by 63 percent.

One wonders: will the PM tomorrow, as part of the emergency measures,  announce the closure of all Thailand's mosques, churches and (whisper it) more than 20,000 temples?

Don't hold your breath. Well, not for too long, anyway.

Those  monkeys  are  still wandrin round here in the mornings   looking for food  handouts

The Blame Game - 845 morning news Thursday ( channel #28 ??)

Had a clip form a British supermarket. I am thinking Sainsburys, A guy was trying to hand out masks at the store, explaining why they were important to wear. No person would take one, then the police came to remove him. No person in the store was wearing one. Lots of close up shots of that. Yuck!

We will skip what the Thai commentators were saying about British public's unconcern for simple health measures. However the synchronized clucking was effective. Obviously this is the reason England and Euro land in general is such a festering pit of Covid19. 

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The blame is solely on the CCP. I don’t blame Chinese people. I blame the authoritarian government of China who didn’t stop these wet markets and eating of wild animals. The same government who tried to cover this up and hoped it would just disappear as they didn’t wanna be embarrassed or damage any of their economy. Now look where we are. This could all have been avoided. 

Some people say that eating these exotic animals is entrenched in China’s culture. It couldn’t have been stopped. Absolute nonsense. The Chinese people fear their government. The CCP should have severely cracked down on this behavior because they knew full well this could happen. They didn’t, and again, look at where we are. 

I call it the coronavirus and I completely blame the CCP for it. Don’t conflate Chinese people with their authoritarian government. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

The CCP should have severely cracked down on this behavior because they knew full well this could happen. They didn’t, and again, look at where we are. 

I agree.

And scientist and governments (if they listened) all over the world were also aware of this situation.

All countries could have prepared what they would do in case of a pandemic.

How many countries were prepared?

How many leaders tried to shoot from the hip?

How many leaders just said something without any knowledge?

I am sure lots of countries spend huge amounts of money for war games like what would happen if country x or y attacks the. They have a plan ready in case it happens. Why was there no plan for any pandemic? The reason is certainly not that nobody thought it could happen. Anybody who listened to scientist could have knows it would happen. The only question was when.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I blame the authoritarian government of China who didn’t stop these wet markets and eating of wild animals

well, i blame the chinese people for eating those wild animal and raw meats, while

enjoying butchering those animals or seeing them being butchered right in front 

of their eyes.

that is what those markets are about.

you go there and you see your animal being killed and chopped allmost alive.

if not for this barbarian mentality, the chinese grovernmetn would'nt have

to shut them down again and again.