New research from Oxford University suggests 50% of UK may have had COVID19 already

ukrules

22 hours ago, ukrules said:

The only way to prove this either way would be to do mass testing on the population to check for antibodies.

Which is exactly what they're going to do, they ordered 3.5 million home antibody test kits to start the mass testing next week assuming it (the test) works properly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I hope it's correct too.If it is then there's been a massive over reaction and question will be raised as to why  would imagine.

Yes full ICU and lack of ventilators is probably an overreaction. Why don't people stay at home if it's not that serious! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

These are the issues that should be addressed first with priority using any funds intended for economic stimulus instead of into the pockets of the elite where it will no doubt end up.As I've said before no need to shut everything down and create panic just spend the money establishing a workable solution of protecting those known to be vulnerable and increasing the ability (more ICU beds and ventilators) to adequately deal with the medical needs of the crisis.Waiting for community spread to be established while doing absolutely nothing then creating a panicked exodus of spreaders to where most of the most vulnerable reside is a hideous malpractice on a national level and a massive over reaction.I've stayed home long before this crisis came along so I'm quite fortunate in that way.

When you have a government with vast economic reserves that insists on spending billions on unusable submarines (a large contraption that allows a few people to breathe underwater), but won't fund hospitals or urgently obtain ventilators (a small contraption that allows their citizens to keep breathing on land), you know something is really wrong. 

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I hope it's correct too.If it is then there's been a massive over reaction and question will be raised as to why  would imagine.

Rubbish - look at what is happening now in Italy, Spain, US where the hospital/medical facilities are unable to cope with the serious cases.  Listen to the medicos - Over reaction my <deleted>