Cheapest place to get tested? (Isaan)

clarky cat

My partner and I recently went on a domestic holiday in Thailand and one of her supervisors (long-term enemy) has done all she can to make it a problem.

She's been told to stay at home for 14 days (already doing) and now she will require a test before she goes back to work or lose her job.

She's shown no signs of sickness and it's clearly a personal thing - she's had co-workers go to different countires during the same period and they've returned to work as normal.

Where's the cheapest place to get tested near Khon Kaen/Isaan? Is is worth travelling further to get it cheaper?

5 hours ago, clarky cat said:

My partner and I recently went on a domestic holiday in Thailand and one of her supervisors (long-term enemy) has done all she can to make it a problem.

She's been told to stay at home for 14 days (already doing) and now she will require a test before she goes back to work or lose her job.

She's shown no signs of sickness and it's clearly a personal thing - she's had co-workers go to different countires during the same period and they've returned to work as normal.

I think the supervisor is within his/her rights to ask your partner to stay at home for 14 days, as for getting tested for the Covid-19, I would suggest she go to a doctor and explain to the doctor asap what has happened and if the doctor could provide her with a letter after the 14 days is up, that she has been checked by the doctor and that she appears to have zero symptoms of the virus and testing is only carried out on those considered to be high risk, which is not.

Problem solved, as for co-workers they may have provided some form of evidence, suffice to say depends on when they returned because these days you can't get back in the country without a doctors certificate saying you are clear or fit to travel.

All if the above said, I think it's time your partner started taking sick leave, and all other leave and be on the look out for a new employer, because being under a someone who has her in their sights is not a good thing.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2020 at 9:14 AM, elgenon said:

Is there an HR department? You didn't say how big the employer is.

it's one of the big banks

On 3/26/2020 at 9:25 AM, pdtokyo said:

Accepting her back at work and asking for a certificate after isolation is redundant and also meaningless ... for example she goes to a doctor ... gets test ... goes back to doctor to collect certificate ... she could pick up a virus from the receptionist handing her the certificate! Her employer is equally likely to get infected at any time.

yes this is exactly my frustration

a couple of days ago she had a call from the head office accusing her of hiding that she went to another province on holiday and that she could potentially lose her job over this, despite the fact that everyone was informed, and she filled out a daily report of where she was and if she had any symptoms. luckily she's friends with a supervisor at an old branch so this was quickly resolved.

a designated hopital has agreed to test her, but only after the 14-day incubation period has finished