Prayut: I am in charge of this mission

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“From this point on I will be in charge...

A scarier prospect than the bloody virus itself.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut did not spell out specific measures that will be imposed but said they will be announced in stages.

In other words, until you have an idea what the hell is going on, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

So Prayut says he is in charge !! Gawd help us then.

Yes, god help us. Everything is a d*ck-measuring contest to this guy, it’s all about ego. Hope he tackles this crisis better than he’s running the country, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

he is used to passing on the blame to others, in any situation

He's Thai, isn't he? What do you expect? 

When was the last time you witnessed a Thai accepting responsibility?

• Haha 2

What happens to all those reckless tourists now on idyllic islands of Koh Chang, Koh Samui and others ? Stuck on the islands ? I hope they are aware they are on those islands for a rather unknown duration. 
By the way, there was no temperature controls on the ferries to Koh Chang the other day ..  

27 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I don't know how many soldiers Thailand has but it won't be enough to control all the roads

even if they include ALL the generals they have  555    they do have a lot of them sitting around doing nothing

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Main roads certainly ;

but there are so many secondary and dirts roads ( red roads ) ...

I don't know how many soldiers Thailand has but it won't be enough to control all the roads

none, they have returned to barracks under a curfew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

why are restaurants still serving sitting customers ?

It should be takeaway or delivery not sitting in restaurant 

Bars closed why restaurant stay open ??????????????

Because people actually need to eat?.

And where I live there is no sitting down going on, most are closed, takeaway is a dream.

Edited by metempsychotic

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Can I have a mask now, PLEASE!!!!  

No Foreigners were refused in Korat at The Mall , Thai only , I guess if we go Hospital we can stay in parking lot, maybe

Edited by Nice Boyd
  • Haha 1

Just a thought. Are the Thai Army soldiers immune to the covid-19?

Sitting in the camp barracks in close proximity would be great for the virus to spread.

Or do they all get the N95 masks that we mortals don't....

• Like 1

PM confirms state of emergency

By THE NATION

800_30b3ce3be0d1da2.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday (March 25) confirmed that a national state of emergency will begin on Thursday and remain in effect throughout April in a bid to curb the escalating Covid-19 outbreak.

But stores selling essential items will not be closed, he said.

He did not mention a curfew, saying only that more measures would be announced later.

The Cabinet on Tuesday approved declaration of the emergency decree.

The premier said he would take full command of efforts to stem the outbreak, from prevention measures to medical treatment to full restoration to normalcy, and he would keep the public informed with regular progress reports.

He said the central Covid-19 operations centre, where he serves as chairman, would be upgraded in authority overall all state agencies.

The Health Ministry permanent secretary will be in charge of the public health domain and the Interior Ministry permanent secretary will deal directly with provincial governors in handling emergency cases.

The Commerce Ministry permanent secretary will manage medical supplies and other goods and the Foreign Affairs Ministry permanent secretary will provide assistance to Thais overseas.

Supreme Commander will take charge of emergency cases involving national security and crime suppression, as well as police and military operations.

“Only I or someone I assign will be reporting progress in the situation to the public,” he said.

Those reports will come once a day.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384818

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-25

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said today that Thailand has reached a turning point in its fight against the coronavirus pandemic and he is now in charge of “every aspect” of his government’s efforts to combat the deadly virus.

Mission impossible ... yes ... even for you general ... too many irremediable mistakes have been made ... anyway ... good luck ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

"Prayut did not spell out specific measures that will be imposed but said they will be announced in stages"

So the time is still not right for the much anticipated, Decisive Action.

Not until all the Red Shirts and Poor People are Dead !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“From this point on I will be in charge of the mission to stop the spread of the virus. And I will report the progress directly to the people,” he said in an address to the country this afternoon.

When Discipline is regularly enforced on all both the military and the citizens they will be obedient. When discipline is not regularly enforced they will not be obedient. Quote from Sun Tzu  IMO he's going to have to bring out the big guns and blast a few establishments in order to frighten the people into following his commands.Without heavy handed tactics he's pissing in the wind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I hope he takes FULL responsibility if it all goes out of control.

Probably not, he is used to passing on the blame to others, in any situation.

Sure, like the health minister - he can't be held responsible for his subordinates right?