Prayut: I am in charge of this mission

webfact

2 hours ago, babakut said:

where do you stay in thailand? in my bangkok area not one restaurant has been serving sitting customers for days now.

this is my point, pattaya closed bars but but not restaurants - they should be takeout or deliver, people need to eat yes - but not sitting - what is the difference in a bar if people are sitting in restaurants 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i just came back from Makro Hua Hin and there were people stocking up for a full month. 

not the weak amateur hour of maybe 7 days worth of stuff we saw people doing last week. 

this was two carts completely full to the top.

so maybe everyone will be eating frozen pork chops for a month.

we bought boxes of spicy noodle soups and even bought another sack of dried dog food and one of cat food but if it gets bad I think the dogs can cope but the cats will go back to eating lizards and cockroaches again.

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

So Prayut says he is in charge !! Gawd help us then.

didn't he say exactly the same 4weeks ago, don't worry I am in charge of the corona virus problem...blabla

...And who was in charge up to now, not he??

Edited by P100
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

“From this point on I will be in charge of the mission to stop the spread of the virus. And I will report the progress directly to the people,” he said in an address to the country this afternoon.

The peoples saviour is stepping in.. best of luck trying to tell Thais what to do!

14 hours ago, dsf9 said:

A lot of people packing up today, including my Pad Thai lady to go back home ???? I guess when you don't know what awaits with these "stringent measures" its easy to think 'let it pass' by returning to the village for a few weeks... counter to the actual advice and intent of restrictions

People going back to Myammer will only encourage spread , people should stay where they are.

Lock down stipulated that you must stay in the house where you were at midnight Wednesday.

Mass panic in Thailand, infact the world is now in a state of lock down NZ is now in total lock down , you can not go back to LOS from here now if you came back for visit,

The problem caused by leaving the border door open is that the horse has bolted.

Some one should be prosecuted for such an action.

Thailand left the door open and allowed the Chinese to flow through the gates, infecting thousands of European tourists on holiday. That has happened and those that returned home have caused the infection to spread in their home countries.

One such case of returning tourists from Italy saw kids go back to school and caused now 59 cases at that school.

God knows how many are infected in LOS but relations tell me the situation is bad.

This will not be over quickly, it is the most serious problem in world history since WW2.

I dont think the enlightened one will have his border open to the Chinese from April, if he does god help the world.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I hope he takes FULL responsibility if it all goes out of control.

Probably not, he is used to passing on the blame to others, in any situation.

Hasn't he already proclaimed it was under control sometime ago?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

If Prayut is in total charge, why is his lacky Wissanu making announcements? Why is the Phuket Governor allowed to unilaterally impose a partial curfew?

The blind quite literally leading the blind. 

The sState O Emergency has got to be the most limped dick thing I have ever seen. Why isn't he forcing a lockdown for god sake, judging from other countries experience that is the ONLY thing that wil stop this.  All the SOM has done is restricted travel.... after the horse has bolted as well

• Like 1