Covid-19 curfew, if imposed, should be 24-hour lockdown , says Wissanu

webfact

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The army seems desperate to consolidate the power they lost last year. They are whipping the public up into a frenzy. Still under 1,000 cases, and four deaths, yet they are behaving as if the sky is falling. Something does not add up here. 

and this is global

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAG said:

ignoring advice

or  maybe just maybe their advice is total and utter  BS, you only have to look at their record in the last 3  months...welcome Chinese it doesnt take anyone with an IQ over 1  to realise how incredibly STUPID  that was................ they couldnt make  anymore mistakes if they tried

9 minutes ago, Chazar said:

or  maybe just maybe their advice is total and utter  BS, you only have to look at their record in the last 3  months...welcome Chinese it doesnt take anyone with an IQ over 1  to realise how incredibly STUPID  that was................ they couldnt make  anymore mistakes if they tried

Great, then even you can realize that. I actually thought that was going to be a problem.

The way things are going and the way I've seen the gubmint perform knee-jerk reactions, I'm going to do a one-month shopping trip tomorrow a.m.  NOT a fan of panic buying, but they're broadcasting a punch.

Not sure how accurate this is, but a friend I trust JUST let me know the BiB are handing out 200 baht fines if you are out not wearing a mask.

13 hours ago, ben2talk said:

But this is Thailand, they'll do it politely with a time limited curfew to let everyone run around like rats during the daytime as usual.

Wissanu is spot on. The virus is from bats and bats only come out at night. Ergo the virus only spreads and infects  at night...????

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, suspectdevice said:

Wissanu is spot on. The virus is from bats and bats only come out at night. Ergo the virus only spreads and infects  at night...????

What's more, Chinese bats, so the curfew would have to be based on Beijing time (GMT +8).

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, WorldTravellerMUC said:

I fully agree with you. It is also funny to see in this forum that almost always the same persons try to justify anything this government tries to impose and condemn / attack people which are questioning these actions.

Makes me think……

The Thai-er than Thai types are typically those who were ostracized in their home country, so, well, you see.....

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Not to mention, some people are starting to get fat sitting around.

In the UK they are allowed to exercise once a day which seems very sensible, being cooped up will drive you bonkers. Domestic abuse in the UK is already rising.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suspectdevice said:

Bats, pangolins, civets - all nocturnal. Sunlight killed off SARS-CoV-1, we can anticipate the same with SARS-CoV-2. 

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

In the UK they are allowed to exercise once a day which seems very sensible, being cooped up will drive you bonkers. Domestic abuse in the UK is already rising.

Spanish flu (1918) recovery rates were much higher in those who rehabilitated outdoors, with fresh air and exercise. 

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

He is invoking what appears to be a Gazetted Act, albeit one which references a previous constitution, and was signed by He Who Shall Not Be Named.

http://www.asianlii.org/th/legis/consol_act/edopaies2005582/

I suspect that the courts (Constitution/al) would back him up.

But it states "competent officials"  chosen by the PM.   so we are all stuffed.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 7:17 PM, HeijoshinCool said:

So he's ignorant because he does not want to be tracked for no good reason? Not only will tracking not provide any beneficial info to the Thai government, it is totalitarian.

Sorry,  but contact tracking worked in Korea and Singapore.  And the fear of totalitarian governments spying on people is preventing the approach in Europe. We all know how this is working 

If something like this does go into effect there are two events that would increase the misery index:

1.  Internet Shutdown or slower speeds(so far this has not happened).  Just watched the movie 2012 again and the streaming quality was about the same. I guess I will watch Pandemic, World War Z or Contagion today? 

2.  Electricity shutdown.  I just got a notice that the electricity in my neighborhood will be off today for several hours for “routine and scheduled maintenance of power lines”.  Of course it is in the afternoon.  The forecast high is only 39 C.  I guess my first beer will be right before the electricity shutdown.  Now back to Self Isolation.  

Everyone stay safe, keep isolating and wash your hands(again, again and again).  

Edited by sqwakvfr
Content

On 3/26/2020 at 3:40 AM, Chazar said:

pathetic  ,  in  your  own  vehicle,  they  are  truly  mad

No, they are not mad but when they stop you they would like to protect themselves which is understandable.

13 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

If something like this does go into effect there are two events that would increase the misery index:

1.  Internet Shutdown or slower speeds(so far this has not happened).  Just watched the movie 2012 again and the streaming quality was about the same. I guess I will watch Pandemic, World War Z or Contagion today? 

2.  Electricity shutdown.  I just got a notice that the electricity in my neighborhood will be off today for several hours for “routine and scheduled maintenance of power lines”.  Of course it is in the afternoon.  The forecast high is only 39 C.  I guess my first beer will be right before the electricity shutdown.  Now back to Self Isolation.  

Everyone stay safe, keep isolating and wash your hands(again, again and again).  

You forgot the ongoing drought. Had to have a tanker come by again to fill the water tank today, in south Pattaya. When the water stops, there's no choice but to go out to get more. Put a few 20L bottles of drinking water aside in a dark and cool place.

Edited by DrTuner