Jobs In Thailand - Finance

Hi all,

I am thinking of relocating to Bangkok with my Thai husband and children. However, I would like to find out more info about the job opportunities there at the moment. From the job sites, I noted that it appeared that most Finance & Administration Managerial roles require someone with a MBA and Thai National.

I have an Economics and Finance degree from Curtin University in Australia, have worked in accounts for more than 10 years, of which 8 years are in managerial posts. My past professional work experience included a stint with a Korean firm in Bangkok (yes, I can lodge Por Ngor Dors and speak Thai), a German mining company in Singapore, the government here in Australia and also an offshore Scottish firm with its pacific regional office here in Australia.

Taking into consideration that I do not have an MBA, would it be extremely difficult to find a job there? My stint in Bangkok was back in 1996 and it didn't take me long to get the job as my husband knew the company's director. But this time round, it would be a different story.

Also, what kind of salary scale will it be for such a managerial role? Lastly, my linguistic flair has always helped me in the past - and hopefully this time round it would too. I speak up to 5 languages - English (my first language), Chinese, Thai, Cantonese and Indonesian.

I would appreciate any help and assistance on this. Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

Penelope