Tourists get automatic visa extensions

18 minutes ago, solomon david said:

i actually arrived in thailand(into don muang,bangkok)on march 9th so how does this apply to me?

as it looks it doesn't apply to you as you are on a visa exempt entry not a tourist visa entry, but only the actual announcement when it comes will spell it all out

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

And over 20 more have been removed for various reasons.

No further notice will given when posts are removed. If your post disappears you can assume you stepped over the line.

So be it,no point in posting anymore,if you feel the truth bothers you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

No Korea, PI and New Zealand and UK also cared. I think most nations have cared. Just not here.

Yep, lots of countries did it weeks ago.

Only here we have been left in the dark and been sent to risk our health and others.

Would this also mean we don't have to pay any money for the extension, I was planning on going to immigration tomorrow or Friday to extend the visa, but now I'm not sure what to do, any clarity would be appreciated.

23 hours ago, smedly said:

I very rarely drink on my own - but this is now driving me to just get smashed in my home 

I don't no which is worse - the building anger - or the frustration at the absolute stupidity

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Same here, got <deleted> on my balcony last night and chatted to my quarantined friend in Spain, who joined me for a few beers via Skype.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sapson said:

Everyone isolated on overstay.......cant put us all in the IDC ... will have to build a few more first

Don't be so sure. I bet they could easily squeeze a few more into those 50-person dorms. ????

/Sarcasm mode off//

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

And Non O Marriage? Who cares right? Pricks going to force me with an underlying condition to leave my family to travel to a hotspot be quarantined and go through hoops to return to see my family which is the only family i know (wife and children) thanks Thailand!! After all the lies ive told people in the past about how good this place is.....argh

Im told i can extend for 30days. For <deleted> i have decades of my life here. Built my own dam house with my own bare hands which is stupid i know now but come on... 

No way im getting a taxi so i guess i will leave my nice new car at the airport for how many months if not for ever.

Come on Prayut, stop being an idiot. Tourists are more important than those of us that have been living here. Doesnt make a lot of sense does it. If we had the noney my family wants out but thanks to living here and being scammed we cant do it so here we are...

we will sit in quarantine together I am afraid ... all the non-o's

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A request by Immigration is being put to the cabinet today to automatically extend all Tourist Visas to June 30th due to the overcrowding situation at Immigration offices.

Wait for further news.

hope they do it today.....

My visa expire on 3April (already did 30days extension) ... have to go tomorrow right? or can i still go on 3April ?

23 hours ago, iska said:

hope they do it today.....

My visa expire on 3April (already did 30days extension) ... have to go tomorrow right? or can i still go on 3April ?

You can go on 3 April for sure. I'm supposed to go tomorrow but I'm not chancing it. I'd rather pay a fine at the airport than expose myself to that much risk. 

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

People who arrived on a tourist visa after 1st March can just apply for the regular 30 day tourist extension, these are not the people who currently have problems staying legal.

Thanks for the "help" Thai government.

The object is to cut down visitors to IOs.

The "meat" of the announcement is that people who arrived after the 1st of March do not have to visit an IO to receive another "admitted until" stamp if they wish to extend.

Just calculate 30 days after the current one and make a note of the date by which they have to leave.

Upon departure Immigration will look at the most recent stamp and add 30 days to calculate if overstayed.

My guess is that "tourists" equals Visa Exempts, VOAs, S/METVs.

Unfortunately it should be an automatic 60 day extension, minimum.

Hopefully the realisation that a blanket suspension of all IO visits is needed will dawn upon the authorities soon, but I won't hold my breath.

Edited by Enoon

20 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Seems the idea is not to upset any '2 weeks and home' tourists caught up in this, but make the most of an opportunity to clear out the tourists who are not really tourists. My guess is that it will be "why you don't go back your country?" on request of 2nd extra 30 days extension.

Sorry but there are lots people on METV who have rented condos for a few months, pre-paid plans etc. I for myself could extend my visa until September. I won`t do it, as I have a booked and still active flight in July. I know Thai immigration doesn`t care at all, but I for myself feel safer here NOW than going back to Europe. No chance to self-quarantine without mixing with my family and +80 yrs old grandma.

So while I get that it`s not right for people on exempts to extent multiple time, if there are flights available, a valid visa is a different story. If those people are not "wished", just don`t offer that visa type anymore. But they can`t do it, as even racist Thailand couldn`t get through that ,keeping it for their beloved Chinese, but not allowing it anymore for farang.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, csmith said:

What's the problem .… I extended my NON-IMM 'O' (spouse) VISA two weeks ago at Chiangmai Immigration … arrived early in the morning … second in that queue … all done and out by 10:30a.m.

25E352EC-78DE-48B9-9426-C07209E18154.jpeg

Is this the list of documents + photos + proofs needed for a 60 day extension for a non imm multi entry O marriage visa?

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

People who arrived on a tourist visa after 1st March can just apply for the regular 30 day tourist extension, these are not the people who currently have problems staying legal.

Thanks for the "help" Thai government.

This is not for tourist convenience but is to reduce the numbers of people attending Immigration Offices. The overcrowding during Covid 19 has been recognized (finally) as a big problem and could spend the virus.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aland said:

Is this the list of documents + photos + proofs needed for a 60 day extension for a non imm multi entry O marriage visa?

No. That's the document list for an annual extension based on marriage.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lovesthespicy said:

March 1st which means everybody who's already eligible for a 30 day extension gets a extension. Very good troll job Thai immigration! 

Exactly. Meaning, there will be no change to the long queues at immigration offices until the end of April, and even then it will be miniscule.

• Like 1