Anyone know where to buy these?

MJCM

Has anyone seen these around in DIY stores? Have been to the usual suspects HomePro/Global/Thai Watsadu, but no luck

Looking for the "screws" (or what are they called?).

installwindows.JPG.29101cd12823ec9cea106450df9bb146.JPG

Edited by MJCM

The outer plastic sleeve looks similar to a rawlplug. have a look at www.rawlplug.com

it might give you more information.  I have seen rawlplugs, or at least copies of them in Homepro and other hardware stores. Not sure if they sell them with the screws incuded. Except for maybe specialized ones for plasterboard.

HTH

• Like 1

Thx Guys,

they are used for installing Windows (my BIL told me) ????

Edit: If you guys know about an alternative that is readily available please let me know.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Thx Guys,

they are used for installing Windows (my BIL told me) ????

If that is what you want them for, try looking for Rawlplug Frame fixings.

Bear in mind, Rawlplug do fixings for all sorts of materials. i.e. wood, brickwork, metal, plasterboard and more.

Try looking here: http:// www.tmaxcorp.co.th/

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

they are used for installing Windows (my BIL told me)

They're 'frame fixers' used in installing UPVC windows and doors. I don't believe they're sold here. 

These do similar.     https://www.fischer.in.th/en-th/products/frame-fixings

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

Has anyone seen these around in DIY stores? Have been to the usual suspects HomePro/Global/Thai Watsadu, but no luck

Looking for the "screws" (or what are they called?).

What material is it going into? How long does it need to be?

what is it fixing?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

What material is it going into? How long does it need to be?

what is it fixing?

It's going into Diamond Blocks.

I think the original ones are 5"+/-

For Fixing uPVC Double Glazed Windows.

Edited by MJCM

17 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I have UPVC windows but they didn't come with frame fixers. I bought the windows at Homepro.

And how did you fix your Windows to the frame? With only Silicon?

Edit: And are they double glazed?

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

And how did you fix your Windows to the frame? With only Silicon?

I bought 3-3.5" screws and plastic rawl plugs. I then drilled through the frames pre-drilled holes with a long masonry drill bit. Then I put the screw one turn onto the plug and knocked it through until it stops and finished off with a screwdriver without over-tightening as you'll distort the frame. Use packing pieces to help prevent this. I think you can buy in HomePro. Mine came with the frames. After ensuring the window is secure, and square, I pointed up with sand and cement. Removing the packing pieces the next day and fill their holes with cement also. 

When I first removed all my wooden windows I cut out all the openings to be 1" bigger all around to allow for pointing up.

I also fitted a UPVC double sliding door and I never used screws to secure it. I just used the pointing up, as the recesses in the outer frame was enough to secure the frame once cemented up. Looking back now I suppose I could have done the windows in the same fashion. We live and learn. Good luck and take your time.

PS. I never used silicone at all for the job.

004~17.JPG

007~4.JPG

003~26.JPG

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Thx, but they aren't responding to any emails. They are the original supplier of my Windows.

My Thyssen Inoutic windows were fitted with normal plugs and screws 9 years ago, and they haven't fallen off yet.

Another thing they did is NOT drill the hole bigger, to allow the screw to be hidden, and then the put on of those plastic covers.

They told me it was much stronger the way they did, and the screws are hidden anyway when the window is closed

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

My Thyssen Inoutic windows were fitted with normal plugs and screws 9 years ago, and they have fallen off yet.

Another thing they did is NOT drill the hole bigger, to allow the screw to be hidden, and then the put on of those plastic covers.

They told me it was much stronger the way they did, and the screws are hidden anyway when the window is closed

Thx, on my windows they put on the plastic caps, so they must have drilled the holes bigger, but I can see the point not doing that. IMHO the plastic caps are just there to prevent rust, but if you BUY good quality screws then that should be a NON issue.

One question please, do you see the screw-head in the frame when opening the windows?

18 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Then I put the screw one turn onto the plug and knocked it through until it stops and finished off with a screwdriver without over-tightening as you'll distort the frame.

Why would you distort the frame, as there should be steel reinforcement inside the frames

11 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Thx, on my windows they put on the plastic caps, so they must have drilled the holes bigger, but I can see the point not doing that. IMHO the plastic caps are just there to prevent rust, but if you BUY good quality screws then that should be a NON issue.

One question please, do you see the screw-head in the frame when opening the windows?

Yes you obviously see the screw when done this way, but what's the difference between seeing a screw or a plastic cap.

I feel better with that it is stronger, and can always put some white paint on the screw if it bothers me, which it doesn't

You will only see the screw when you really go look for it, because the frame hides it from normal view.

Stainless screws were used, so they don't rust.

IMG_20200402_095325.thumb.jpg.893e8f8318fd2ceaae3f8c95a8935337.jpg

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

Just now, Susco said:

Yes you obviously see the screw when done this way, but what's the difference between seeing a screw or a plastic cap.

You will also see the screw when you really go look for it, because the frame hides it from normal view.

Stainless screws were used, so they don't rust.

I fully agree, when I first posted this topic I thought the plastic caps are absolutely necessary, but reading about it, I don't think that anymore.

The only reason why I think they still can be helpful is that you will have a small opening between the screw-head and the window frame and thus rain water could come in, but that can easily be solved with some silicon.

12 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The only reason why I think they still can be helpful is that you will have a small opening between the screw-head and the window frame and thus rain water could come in, but that can easily be solved with some silicon.

In the picture I posted there is indeed a small opening between the screw head and the frame, other windows don't have that.

It would be very hard for rain to reach the screw in my situation, because as you notice I have insect screen at the outside, and a 1 meter roof overhang.

The strength is in the way the frame is fixed. Inside the frame is a piece of box steel.

If you drill the hole bigger, that mean the screw goes through one side of the box steel, and locks the other side to the wall

In my case it locks everything together. ( not sure if my explanation is understandable lol )

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Susco said:

Why would you distort the frame, as there should be steel reinforcement inside the frames

How many UPVC windows doors have you fitted in Thailand? And how many have you seen with steel reinforcement? Get back to me when you can answer. By the way 'Hoffen' the windows & door that I fitted were 2.4m wide and came with no box metal reinforcing. No problems on fitting all nine windows.

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How many UPVC windows doors have you fitted in Thailand? And how many have you seen with steel reinforcement?

Every single company I visited in Thailand that makes QUALITY windows, so that doesn't include the Chinese <deleted> available at the hardware stores

https://jamexupvc.com/how-to-choose-best-upvc-doors-and-windows/

How To Choose Best UPVC Doors And Windows

Quality:

The quality of a uPVC window and doors controlled by a multi-chambered uPVC profile that is fortified with electrifies steel. The great uPVC door makers will dependably keep up a standard profile width that can shift between 2.3mm to 3mm, and the thickness of the steel fortifications will extend between 1 mm to 3mm. A solid uPVC profile will be very sturdy with protection from splits and chipping.

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Get back to me when you can answer.

Over to you

Edited by Susco

15 minutes ago, Susco said:

Over to you

I bow to your superior knowledge and my bad memory. They did come with steel box section inserts being as they were 2.4m wide. And even with the inserts they still distorted until pegged out. 

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I bow to your superior knowledge and my bad memory. They did come with steel box section inserts being as they were 2.4m wide. And even with the inserts they still distorted until pegged out. 

I wonder why you quote a different member using a different brand of windows, to make your point, or did you have another username at that time?

If your frame still distorted with the box steel, then most like it was box paper make to look like steel, and the clue is actually in the first post of your link

The upvc is about 1-2 mm thick. When you drill through that about 20mm you come to steel reinforce in the window frame.

So since the frames are only 25mm in total with quality Thyssen-Inoutic, and maybe less with the cheap Chines/Thai cr@p, that mean there is only a thin steel plate inside

But to counter your poor attempt at saving face. I have seen the Hoffen windows in Homepro, and they don't have steel reinforcement.

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

I wonder why you quote a different member using a different brand of windows, to make your point

Because it confirms a couple of questions that the OP asked and the fact me saying just pointing the window up will secure it. Or did you miss that in your haste to correct me?

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

But to counter your poor attempt at saving face. I have seen the Hoffen windows in Homepro, and they don't have steel reinforcement.

Yer talking out yer bum there.

Hoffen uPVC Window and Door By Hoffen Asia Co., Ltd., Thailand

https://www.tradekey.com/product-free/Hoffen-Upvc-Window-And-Door-1153583.html 

24 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

A picture posted on an Aliexpress website 555555

Apart from the fact that it more looks like a steel plate, as already pointed out, I thought you could do better than that.

Now just to give you a comparison to put your feet back on the ground.

Below is a picture of reinforcement of a Thyssen-Inoutic frame, and that is also exactly how they are in Europe.

Now trust me, there is no company in Thailand, including those that install Thyssen-Inoutic, that has the steel exactly as in the picture, so why do you think a Chinese company would have?

But I'm sure even you can see the difference in reinforcement of the uPvc frame itself

Inoutic PVC profile – AluPlast Engineering

Edited by Susco