Do you wash your oranges now?

NCC1701A

I did notice in Lotus yesterday some folk are pulling their trollies around by the pointed/narrow end rather than using the handle , thing is the trollies come through a hole in the wall from outside so to get one the narrow end has to be grabbed.  Anyway I am going there in an hour and after my temperature has been taken I will wash the nearest trolly handle with disinfectant and watch what others do. 

As for drink, so far here ok but I have 2 bottles of Sangsom, 4 litres of apple juice to make cider and 2 bottles of good Chilian wine from Lotus.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

ok no problem. now i am looking at the tangerine looking things and oranges out of their filthy bags and i realize i have to wash them all, everything needs to be washed.

Dead right. Ditch the fresh stuff and buy some good quality orange juice for the vitamin C. I have a couple of small cups a day. It seemed to help with the cough I had the other week.

i ate a lot of dirt. i played outside in the yard and all around my hood. chasing lizards and snakes and wondering why all these girls where loitering in front of my house.  

i breathed air before catalytic converters.

i had a radioactive wristwatch dial. i played with liquid mercury. 

but this is different. this could kill you.

this is a serious topic. i want to know are you washing your fruit that you did not wash in the past and what procedures have you setup to decon your food as it enters your kitchen. 

All peelable fruit is put into a sink full of soapy water and washed. Mangoes, passion fruit etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, potless said:

Dead right. Ditch the fresh stuff and buy some good quality orange juice for the vitamin C. I have a couple of small cups a day. It seemed to help with the cough I had the other week.

Yes, not eating fresh fruit will be an excellent strategy to strengthen the immune system. After all it is scientifically proven that Orange juice helps with any cold or coronavirus.

Or you could handle Thai market oranges and make fresh fruit juice like I do every day, since the panic began, and still live to tell the tale...Doesn't help with any cough, but tastes delicious.

Just saying.

i ate a lot of dirt. i played outside in the yard and all around my hood. chasing lizards and snakes and wondering why all these girls where loitering in front of my house.  

this is a serious topic. i want to know are you washing your fruit that you did not wash in the past and what procedures have you setup to decon your food as it enters your kitchen. 

My ancestors mixed with Ned Kelly , his last words before he was hung were “Such is life”,,,,

Oranges grown in Thailand are heavily dosed with fungicides and insecticides - The only time I have ever seen anyone suffer a full blown apoplectic shock was a young woman in Pai who collapsed moments after drinking a fresh squeezed orange drink.

You should always wash oranges in Thailand.  

31 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes, not eating fresh fruit will be an excellent strategy to strengthen the immune system. After all it is scientifically proven that Orange juice helps with any cold or coronavirus.

Sarcasm noted. It isnt actually scientifically proven one way or the other. I am a smoker so it helps me. My post was meant as an easy fix for the O.P. who is concerned about touching fruit.

35 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Or you could handle Thai market oranges and make fresh fruit juice like I do every day, since the panic began, and still live to tell the tale...Doesn't help with any cough, but tastes delicious.

As far as I can tell, fresh orange juice is made out of fresh oranges. It did help with my cough. And yes, fresh squeezed is nice. Just saying.

• Like 1

Large  bowl of diluted bleach. Leave any fruit etc that  the solution will not penetrate for about  10 minutes.

Hydrogen peroxide  can  be sprayed on things (packages) and left because it breaks down harmlessly eventually.

Problem with  both  is the  bleaching properties.

With green vege from  anywhere I have  have  convinced  my wife to  immerse in  a white vinegar solution many  years since which I know  kills off  bacteria. No info about effect on virus.

Otherwise just leave things without further handling for a  few days.

As much as  any other concern about  items from any  shop is that your clothing my also be as likely to  carry it home. Conventional laundering solves  that one.

So I guess  that having stripped  naked before commencing  to  bleach items some thought  should  be given to personal protection in certain  areas ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oranges grown in Thailand are heavily dosed with fungicides and insecticides - The only time I have ever seen anyone suffer a full blown apoplectic shock was a young woman in Pai who collapsed moments after drinking a fresh squeezed orange drink.

You should always wash oranges in Thailand.  

I've read some nonsense on this board, but that has to take the biscuit for today.

Yes, I'm sure that woman collapsed from the orange juice.

Jesus Christ.

Yes, that's why the fresh fruit stands in the food halls were lined with collapsed people, you could hardly move from all the corpses who collapsed after drinking Thai orange juice.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

My company will shortly be releasing a robotic fishing rod that will enable the owner to open and retrieve grocery items from the porch. No need to bring foods into the house ever again!

It is a long plastic tube with a fishing line which has hooks, mini-knives and magnets attached that are controlled electronically.

Based on the common teddy bear angling machines this technology has been refined to such an extent you can even open cornflakes packets, retrieve each cornflake individually and shower each one with disinfectant before you put it in your mouth.

The disinfectant shower add-on is sold separately.

This product will only be relseased in the USA, but is made in China. If you would like to contribute to the funding of this game changing and life-saving device please send your funding to the bank account details I will send you in reply to your private message.

My guess is, that with the level of panic out there now, and the expectations of the coming Zombie apocalypse, you will do $10 million in your first month. 

• Haha 2

Wait, this is a communist Chinese tangerine. 

Thai people are racists, Xenophobic etc.? The above sentence says it all!

To put it super mildly, I would say disgusting - the truth is unprintable.

Proud to be so so up?

Edit

None has noticed this comment? Oh... so it is quite normal!

'nuff said...so says someone.

Edited by ravip
  • Sad 1

Keep up the good work, don't feel like you're over doing it... its safety and peace of mind. Once this pandemic is over we can relax but for now we need to be cautious

Everything that comes into our condo from outside gets quarantined in the kitchen and sprayed with 95% alcohol. 

Had to go to the bank and amphur for documents related to visa.     Amphur was social distancing and checking temperatures...our condo is checking temperatures as well.  Bank was not checking temperatures....  Wore my P100 half face filter mask to both places, most people didn't say anything, had a few stares though, don't care

On a different note, Texas is 32 degrees Celsius at the moment and Thailand is 34C ...so so much for hot weather killing it off

Edited by richiejom