spouses of Thai citizens can enter Thailand??

Does anyone know if spouses of Thai citizens can enter. The Thai government official statement of 27 March says "only Thai citizens can enter".

Apparently they forgot the thousands of foreigners married to Thais!

I'd much appreciate any info, as I am one of those .

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The only allowance for those married to or the parent of a Thai is the possibley of a waiver. 

This is what the rules state.

"THAILAND - published 31.03.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter and transit Thailand.
- This does not apply to nationals of Thailand.
- This does not apply to airline crew with pre-existing schedules.
- This does not apply to diplomats and their family members.
- This does not apply to passengers with a work permit.
- This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency.
2. Nationals of Thailand and those who can enter and transit Thailand must have a letter from the Embassy with the ‘fit-to-fly' health certificate."

If your wife is here I suggest she call 1111 and try to find out about it. If with you outside the country then the Thai embassy could be the place to contact about it.

25 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Guess you can not, not even if you have a child. Unless you ask Prayut for permission.

That is not entirely clear. The guidelines that Ubonjoe was so kind to post clearly state 

" This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency."

The operative phrase being "or People In Charge of State of Emergency. " If such "people in Charge" are also  Embassies and Consulates abroad, then such waver might be issued to those married to Thai nationals or having Thai dependants such as children at those embassies while obtaining a visa. .  

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Guess you can not, not even if you have a child. Unless you ask Prayut for permission.

No particularly his permission. It could be approved by somebody at the PM's office as well.

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The operative phrase being "or People In Charge of State of Emergency. " If such "people in Charge" are also  Embassies and Consulates abroad, then such waver might be issued to those married to Thai nationals or having Thai dependants such as children. 

They would not be at Thai embassies or official Thai consulates. It a group assigned by the PM.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:
6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The operative phrase being "or People In Charge of State of Emergency. " If such "people in Charge" are also  Embassies and Consulates abroad, then such waver might be issued to those married to Thai nationals or having Thai dependants such as children. 

They would not be at Thai embassies or official Thai consulates. It a group assigned by the PM.

Unless embassies were authorised to process  requests for waivers, how would anyone wanting to obtain such waiver from abroad do so ,if not at an embassy or consulate, ? 

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Unless embassies were authorised to process  requests for waivers, how would anyone wanting to obtain such waiver from abroad do so ,if not at an embassy or consulate, ? 

They could be the point of contact to request it. But the approval would be done here.

I'm in the same situation but my wife is here with me in Australia, 

Trying to call 1111 does not work from overseas , does anyone has another number for the government instead like an 02..number?  

Wife called the Sydney consultant and the department of aviation in Thailand both places said not an chance of getting a special permission since the rules are applying to everyone. 

I been living in Thailand for over 14 years yellow book pink id house car money in the bank means nothing to them... 

We have our son back in Bangkok she mentioned that on the phone still no sympathy. 

They are separating families unfortunately 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, walailak said:

They are separating families unfortunately 

It is unfortunate but in most of the world distancing is being applied and lockdowns often in place...

I have friends who are in similar circumstances and surely it is also working the other way round...

But, you did choose to leave in the first place, so, ... hopefully it passes and you can come back soon. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, bergbear said:

Has anyone heard if there are any updates to the Thai Citizen only rule?

The silly Thai government can't keep families separated forever ..

You have all the correct advice above. Asking same question when knowing the same answer will occur, indicates what?

8 minutes ago, bergbear said:

Has anyone heard if there are any updates to the Thai Citizen only rule?

The silly Thai government can't keep families separated forever ..

At this time no passenger flights are allowed into the country other that those for repatriation are allowed until the 18th.

When they are resumed it is unknown as to who and under what conditions will be allowed.