Are you self isolating,in what ways if you are?

Yes, have had a couple of "Flickers" today which bounced all the electrics (GF was in the shower at the time of the 1st one & thought it was me messing about).

Edited by Mike Teavee

3 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Sir ,that averages a bottle an hour surely one cannot get langered at such a slow rate,i have got my butler to purchase plastic pint cups suck 4 o them back in an hour your talking.

were you ever a maths teacher  .... 

• Haha 1

During brief drop offs, my girlfriends have supplied me with sanitizer gel, masks, twice-weekly sacks of fresh fruit, veggies, duck eggs, and shrimp, all at no charge. A young, attractive, neighbor lady provides weekly massage and shower (not free). Other than that an infrequent 7-11 run meets my needs. But I'm facing the Immigration stampede next week. 

• Like 1

I'm not self-isolating

What I've noticed in the last couple of days is, some small shop owners have started going loco with all this distancing business

I will only be using 7/11s and big box retailers from now on...much more relaxed

• Haha 1

Self isolation is a long way from over.

Yes after the 14 days it is great to think we have not contracted the virus ,,,,Yet

But in reality means nothing going forward.

Still gotta stay here & take extra care when food shopping etc as it is sure as H,,l

still out there,,waiting for me to let my guard down

On 4/2/2020 at 9:15 PM, mauGR1 said:

Repent, the end is nigh !

Jokes apart, we are many in the same situation, let's hope we'll have electricity, food and water, and the internet to keep us going.

I never thought i could say that, but after 3 weeks of self isolation, i have to say that internet is helping me to keep some level of sanity.

What's wrong with you people .I start at 4 Am , Have me toilet break and coffee and take a hand full of Meds god knows they might work. Then take the Dog for a walk and his Toilet break. when I come back I have some more coffee and muck around in the veg garden un till the Gf calls me for a cooked break fast after  that taking an Big Toilet break and walk the dog Again. when back, back in the Garden till 10/11 Am Then Relax with a n other coffee and finish with a nice shower and waiting for Lunch. After lunch Relax for a while maybe a NaNa Nap /Movie .After that Walk the dog and some more coffee snd a snack than more mucking around in the garden and the Lawn Feww busy all the time .No rest for the wicket. then have a few or more  beers and wait for a cooked dinner   :burp:

On 4/3/2020 at 3:15 AM, mauGR1 said:

Repent, the end is nigh !

Jokes apart, we are many in the same situation, let's hope we'll have electricity, food and water, and the internet to keep us going.

I never thought i could say that, but after 3 weeks of self isolation, i have to say that internet is helping me to keep some level of sanity.

God help us if the internet goes down- same with power.

When most people don't have cash, they'd be in in the deep doodoo.

Far as isolation goes, I've been self isolated ever since I got divorced. Nothing has changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

What's wrong with you people .I start at 4 Am , Have me toilet break and coffee and take a hand full of Meds god knows they might work. Then take the Dog for a walk and his Toilet break. when I come back I have some more coffee and muck around in the veg garden un till the Gf calls me for a cooked break fast after  that taking an Big Toilet break and walk the dog Again. when back, back in the Garden till 10/11 Am Then Relax with a n other coffee and finish with a nice shower and waiting for Lunch. After lunch Relax for a while maybe a NaNa Nap /Movie .After that Walk the dog and some more coffee snd a snack than more mucking around in the garden and the Lawn Feww busy all the time .No rest for the wicket. then have a few or more  beers and wait for a cooked dinner   :burp:

I'll tell you what is wrong with me- don't have a dog, don't have a garden, don't have a GF, don't get cooked breakfast or dinner.

Life's easy when you've got it all.

Do my 10,000 steps daily, pass people by walking in the road, walk down stairs without touching the handrail, open doors with a baby wipe.
And, anyone invading my space gets called a dirty <deleted>.
Probably get run over, beaten up or fall down the stairs.

• Haha 1

I've been giving self defence courses to bee's after one was mugged by 2 wasps for his satchel of pollen after leaving a petal just 'round the corner .. And as they fly in thru' the open doors n' windows for the classes it is perfectly within the rules of lockdown .. I'm also making a dalek to greet and accept the post offa postie .. 

IMG_20200404_222115.jpg

IMG_20200404_212544.jpg

• Haha 2

Working on all the things I never had time for. Reoganized storage, cleaning up file names on mo3 collection. Revisiting movie lists of ones I don't have same with series. Help wife clean the place really well. Reorganized and backed up hard drives. Scrubbed computer. Cleaned up mail and addresses in email.

Organizing our travel photos would be next. Dunno if I'm up for that.

We eat two meals a day. Just not burning calories.

The amount of covid news I read has gone to about ten minutes a day.

18 hours ago, digger70 said:

Gor blimey that dog must be exhausted

17 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Does Peter have any free time? I appears there's a pandemic sweeping though TV. 

No dash it ,you think i am paying him to loll around,he gets a half day on sunday,actually  today i gave him a full day off the cad,as he was complaining his wounds from the cat'o' nine tails he forced  me to use after spying on my g'f naked in the pool,i pushed him in the other day,how he howled,told him to toughen up,salt water and chlorine will help em heal,he threw the hump,hence not showing up to pour evening drinks,by jove,i told him in no unclear terms this was most unsatisfactory,you just can't get the staff these days.

• Haha 2

I saw this all coming and started digging a few months ago.

The neighbors saw me once with a shovel and some irons but never suspicious eyes arose.

They were too busy struggling with the sewage pipe, wondering why it was cluttered with soil all the time.

Just finished in time and this is where I will reside, sorry I wouldn't show you where the entrance is.

141120_ntl_bunker2_1239_16x9_992.jpg.3b69dde170efbdfbe12bd4c0a1bb1017.jpg

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll tell you what is wrong with me- don't have a dog, don't have a garden, don't have a GF, don't get cooked breakfast or dinner.

Life's easy when you've got it all.

One can make a Home /Life where ever he Want's to.I have been down and out myself . One can Make a Life as good  and content as possible One selves ,No one is going to do it for You. 

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

No dash it ,you think i am paying him to loll around,he gets a half day on sunday,actually  today i gave him a full day off the cad,as he was complaining his wounds from the cat'o' nine tails he forced  me to use after spying on my g'f naked in the pool,i pushed him in the other day,how he howled,told him to toughen up,salt water and chlorine will help em heal,he threw the hump,hence not showing up to pour evening drinks,by jove,i told him in no unclear terms this was most unsatisfactory,you just can't get the staff these days.

BasilManuelg.jpg.a6ab64817d6c6433774e463be5cb295f.jpg

• Haha 2

On 4/5/2020 at 9:49 AM, Number 6 said:

Working on all the things I never had time for. Reoganized storage, cleaning up file names on mo3 collection. Revisiting movie lists of ones I don't have same with series. Help wife clean the place really well. Reorganized and backed up hard drives. Scrubbed computer. Cleaned up mail and addresses in email.

Organizing our travel photos would be next. Dunno if I'm up for that.

We eat two meals a day. Just not burning calories.

The amount of covid news I read has gone to about ten minutes a day.

Even though my usual life has not changed at all, I've found that I have more impetus to do the things I never got around to doing since the lockdown started. Changed my room around, did a big tidy up etc. Perhaps it's a subconcious desire to present a better image for those that have to come into the room if I get sick from Corona.

I'm trying to have only 1 proper meal a day and just a bit of snacking in between. The lack of activity definitely makes me less hungry.

I always mean to sort my thousands of photos, but somehow never get around to it. I just increased my storage capacity to 2 Tb, but many are duplicates.

• Like 1