Selfish or is it paranoia

Paul Laycock1

On 4/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, Paul Laycock1 said:

She is upstairs in my house, myself downstairs.

She now has three children. The children go out everyday to play with friends.

I never understood why people build or buy houses bigger than necessary.  

Yes, boot them out or move to a smaller house temporarily.

You own safety and health should be top priority

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

e.g. we have 4 kids, and no one goes anywhere, only mum and dad go shopping when we have too, every 7-10 days, in and out as quick as possible.

Why cant the kids play outside if they stay in the yard or close by and do not have contact with other people?  

Is this virus actively traveling on wind currents or something across the country?

Or does it spread through human contact?

On 4/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, Paul Laycock1 said:

My sister in law lives with me

Why are you living with people, I couldn't think of a worse, what an awful way to spend your later years of life. 

I will assume you are middle age to elderly. 

Immediate family ONLY, no excuses. 

Why punish yourself, I'm getting ill thinking about your situation.

For gods sake, housing is cheap in Thailand. 

I'd be forking out a few thousand baht a month for a room/apartment......Get rid of her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Boot them out if you end up in the hospital trust me nobody’s coming to visit you T IT

Perhaps that's the plan, the family Lubs him so much they are trying to give him the virus. He dies, the family lives happily ever after.

on a serious note, boot the fRker out.

im laughing my head off, the situations people get themselves I to here. Like <deleted>!

i know a guy in bkk, has a gorgeous condo, lives with a wonderful girlfriend, great gal, has since takin care of her sisters kid her brothers kid, another family member has moved in. 

He finally farking  snapped, he never signed up for this. 

Give them an inch, they take a mile.

Edited by Ron jeremy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Why cant the kids play outside if they stay in the yard or close by and do not have contact with other people?  

Is this virus actively traveling on wind currents or something across the country?

Or does it spread through human contact?

Yes the kids can play in the front yard as they do from time to time with the front gate locked, but with the sun being as hot as it is at times, they prefer to be in the covered pool area.

As the house is also very cool, the kids like it just the way it is, they have access to all sorts of stuff, mobiles, iPads, Tablet, TV's, toys, and games, wish I had their lives when I was growing up.

The oldest ones have been asked, do you guys want to hang out with your friends, and their answers have always been no thanks, back to NetFlix for them....lol

15 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Paul, there is one person that you have failed to mention in all of this, and that is your wife. Where is she and what is she doing about your fears. You say your sister-in-law is doing everything for you, what is your wife doing? As a farang the house would not be in your name but in your wifes name and yet there is no mention of her. Sorry but I cannot understand why you are not talking to your wife and having the situation resolved.

My house is in my name because I bought it; I lease the land. Your questions are certainly valid though. 

14 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

if you think about it she's working for you .so start paying her properly  factory workers get 8000? a month so work it from there backwards then  this is a job and you want blah blah blah .. or you'll HAVE to get someone else in once u do that  everyone saves face ... u dont want to make your missus the  bad one in the eyes of the family .

Correct, pay her Bht 5000 a month but charge her Bht 5000 a month rent.

12 minutes ago, Besserwisser said:

How many years have you lived like this? I understand you are afraid of the virus,but is this maybe also the last straw of many years of suffering by the extended thai "family"?

Been here for many years, disabled I can’t remember.

Extended family, I don’t suffer them they are not here apart from my sister in law who I like very much.

I get the picture from what you have all said.

Never will I leave my house behind, this is my home and I will never leave.

4 hours ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Free electric, free gas, use of my car, boyfriend coming and going.

oh I get it now it’s all my fault, silly me for ever coming here.

The missus, my son and the mother in law are all in Bangkok.

no.. I'm not saying it's your fault.. but if you get rid IT WILL be. she'll have the moral high ground and trust me   she and the family WILL use that against you . work a deal out,  wages minus rent elects ect ect.. once you do that THEN you can start laying a few  law's down without all losing to much face    but tbh by the sound of it you've <deleted> up and you've allowed it to get out of hand so  its gonna be a hard one to sort without you coming out being an <deleted>.. maybe you can  handle that  

On 4/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, Paul Laycock1 said:

he lives here rent free but does my shopping, washing, ironing and a few other things.

that's not called rent free, that is rent included in the job... 

I have similar w/family but they are smart, respectful people... and scared of the virus, and act accordingly. Sorry for your predicament

Edited by kenk24

22 hours ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Been here for many years, disabled I can’t remember.

Extended family, I don’t suffer them they are not here apart from my sister in law who I like very much.

I get the picture from what you have all said.

Never will I leave my house behind, this is my home and I will never leave.

Yes,I remember you posting about your disability-It certainly is a ticklish situation and I empathise with your position.

Stay as safe as you can.

I think they are the ones being selfish and unresponsable. If they know they are living with an elderly + disabled person... shouldn't they be taking extra care? i.e. weren't Thai people supposed to be really caring to elderly people? Also, weren't Thai people the ones wearing mask all the time and Westerns they one being careless about the virus? I am totally confused.

So I believe you should tell them they should leave because they are putting your life in risk. Full stop. Or give them the option to confine with you. If they take it seriously.

1 hour ago, Tarukhtah said:

I think they are the ones being selfish and unresponsable. If they know they are living with an elderly + disabled person... shouldn't they be taking extra care? i.e. weren't Thai people supposed to be really caring to elderly people? Also, weren't Thai people the ones wearing mask all the time and Westerns they one being careless about the virus? I am totally confused.

So I believe you should tell them they should leave because they are putting your life in risk. Full stop. Or give them the option to confine with you. If they take it seriously.

If I told them to leave I would be shooting myself in the foot.