Thais in Pattaya forced to sell belongings to buy food

webfact

1 hour ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Just the beginning. This lockdown is not collective suicide, as I first thought. The rich survive. It's just making the poor even poorer, and sacrificing the poorest. 

Disgusting to see the jokes coming up here about cheap bargains becoming available from the desperate selling of so many now. 

Instead of snitching around about who's wearing a mask or not and who is daring to leave his room to get some daylight, and calling the Covid police, why not thinking about helping these numerous victims of the lockdown?

starting with financial  planning after its  all  over

2 minutes ago, manzan said:

Our savings and pension are most likely soon going to be gone to.

The prolonged lockdown will cause the financial system to collapse, hyperinflation will ruin your savings and financial institutions collapsing ruin your pension. There will be no new jobs to get and we will all be depending on the government to provide us meager food allowances.  Just how governments like it, a dependent population is a obedient population.

You would like to think that all this was worth it, and that there is real solid scientific evidence that says this was worth it, however after 4 months of epidemic, all i see is media hype and twisting of figures to justify utterly destroying our society.

Somebody forgot to take their daily Xanax - cheer up dude....

2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

How do you think they'll pay for it?

When the confinement is going to stop, we could also witness a wave of madness, people will want to regain their freedom & party, and money will be the last of their worries.

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, BestB said:

I very disagree, the moment covid scare is over, both foreigners and all who ran away will flood back to Pattaya.

People have been locked up in the their rooms for months, first they will do is come to party, play with opposite or same same sex that looks like opposite ;), get drunk and be silly.

The only question is which businesses will still be standing and which will be gone

YIp, i totally agree.

I also suspect if these 'rules' of staying at home continue for much longer some business's will take the risk of starting up and i'm sure people will go.

2 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

When the confinement is going to stop, we could also witness a wave of madness, people will want to regain their freedom & party, and money will be the last of their worries.

Free beer?

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why can't they do take aways ?? 

If they were successful before then people will still buy from them...

Just a thought 

People would still buy from them, if they had money.

In many countries if you don't work you don't eat. The LOS is one of those countries.

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

The junta should be hanging their heads in shame but they won't be.

They could not give a toss about the population.

Not just the government......they take their lead from elsewhere....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

How do you think they'll pay for it?

believe it or not, not all lost their jobs and many who have, will have a job to back to and not all who come holiday to Thailand are living month to month, hunting 300 baht rooms and 50 baht beers ????