Finance Ministry clarifies 5,000-baht monthly cash handout issue

snoop1130

Finance Ministry clarifies 5,000-baht monthly cash handout issue

4e249f1c7f00900e4d4a6ecbf55131c3_small.jpeg

BANGKOK(NNT)-The Ministry of Finance has so far given financial aid of 5,000 baht a month to some 1.6 million workers nationwide, to ease the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak. Registrants have received an SMS message regarding their eligibility for the government’s financial assistance. Some have received an SMS notification saying they are ineligible, because they are farmers. The issue has raised several questions, since they are not farmers.

The Director of the Fiscal Policy Office (FPO) and Spokesman for the Ministry of Finance, Lawaron Sangsanit, explained that farmers have registered themselves with relevant agencies every year. During the registration, they are required to provide information about their family members. The government has been using this database to help farmers with their cultivation, harvesting and production expenses. If the registrant is a farmer or has family members who are farmers, the person is not qualified to receive the 5,000-baht monthly cash handout. However, measures to help farmers will be launched soon.

Mr. Lawaron said the verification process will take time. The second round of financial aid and SMS notifications is on April 13 and 14, with some 600,000 people having qualified to receive the assistance.

About 27 million people have registered for the assistance, For those who have not been verified after registration, they can file an appeal. They can still receive the cash handout for three months because payments will be made based on their registration dates.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-04-13
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Wait, so if someone in ones family is a farmer, they are automatically excluded from the scheme, even if they lost their job due to the covid-19 closures of this government, really ?

I don't think so

i know a bunch of bargirls here in Pattaya, some of them have receveid the payement of the 5000

and of course like 90% of the bargirls their parents and relatives are farmers.

I think it's a translation problem. the ''family''  probably means husband. wife and

the childs if they have more than 18 and are still registered at the parent's home.

It could also be that a lot of Thais don't bother to register their new adress when

they leave the village, so for the administration, and if they aren't able to give a proof of

the new adress, they are still registered at the familial farm, and entitled to receive the

subside for the farmers with the others family members living here.

The bargirls i know have all given a prove of their adress (Most of them ae in a room above the bar) when they have filled the form for the 5000

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr. Lawaron said the verification process will take time. The second round of financial aid and SMS notifications is on April 13 and 14, with some 600,000 people having qualified to receive the assistance.

About 27 million people have registered for the assistance, For those who have not been verified after registration, they can file an appeal. They can still receive the cash handout for three months because payments will be made based on their registration dates.

600,000 out of 27 million; it promises us an exit from an explosive crisis.

When you do a quick calculation, 27 million seems to me a number can be a little excessive; let's say that there must be about half that would be able to touch these 5,000 baht.
it is all these people who live outside, who never pay taxes or social security contributions which would allow them to receive money in the event of unemployment.
I hope that the officials responsible for the verifications will not give money to people who are already receiving unemployment from their employers or the government.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I don't think so

i know a bunch of bargirls here in Pattaya, some of them have receveid the payement of the 5000

and of course like 90% of the bargirls their parents and relatives are farmers.

I think it's a translation problem. the ''family''  probably means husband. wife and

the childs if they have more than 18 and are still registered at the parent's home.

It could also be that a lot of Thais don't bother to register their new adress when

they leave the village, so for the administration, and if they aren't able to give a proof of

the new adress, they are still registered at the familial farm, and entitled to receive the

subside for the farmers with the others family members living here.

The bargirls i know have all given a prove of their adress (Most of them ae in a room above the bar) when they have filled the form for the 5000

The figures don’t work. The government says 1.6million have qualified. But they have only paid out to 600,000. 

On 4/14/2020 at 8:14 AM, dtpman83 said:

Just the info i got from my wife. No guarantee that is correct 

There is a green farm book, farmer register their farm. That has to be done with the farm bank baac. 

Every farm does get usually a yearly subsidy which depends on the size of the farm. There is also a maximum amount of subsidy per farm to avoid big farms getting a lot of money.

The payment is made per farm and not per person, means if several family members are registered they have to split the amount between themselves. There is no advantage of having several members per farm registered, since the total amount stays the same and depends only on the farm size (and maybe on the type of farm as i know). 

Regarding the 5000 THB handout, it is actually disadvantagous if to many people per farm are registered, since they may not be eglible for the 5000 THB handout and they would have to split the farm subsidy between them.

Last year the amount of subsidy for my wife`s farm was about 7000 THB in total. 

Also one of my neighbour got the same message, but is  not registered as a farmer at all.

what kind of farm must it be??

Like rubber, fish, rice, soya bean ?? Am just curious if it covers all farms of agriculture !!

On 4/14/2020 at 10:55 AM, worgeordie said:

My daughter was refused,excuse given, she had a business,which she does not,

an out of work Hotel receptionist,out of work because the Government closed

the hotel, all hotels.

regards worgeordie

so there is a segregation of WHO can get.....and WHO can not get??

38 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so there is a segregation of WHO can get.....and WHO can not get??

Some of the reasons for rejection,make no sense at all,

apart from getting the numbers down to manageable

levels,28 Million applied....Millions will not get anything.

regards Worgeordie 

• Like 1

Absolutely despicable what the Thai government is doing to its people. My Thai wife who owns her small salon at our village home also like so many others got refused the 5,000 bht relief aid money. She got a sms from the government saying she is the owner of her business and does not need the money. She was livid writing them back that you forced me to close my shop and that is preventing me from making income while others business owners were getting their 5,000 bht.

There was a large protest on Thai TV today of people that didn't get the aid money who really need it and were furious of their government that are not looking after the poor and only the rich. People were so desperate many were calling for Thaksin to come back and help them as at least he helped the poor when he was in office as it dont look good form many people. I'm disgusted.

• Like 2

It's clear that the Thai Gov re trying to avoid paying out, despite closing business' by applying restrictions which make it impossible to operate.  The usual well of in BKK will not be affected by it all, they really don't give a stuff about 90% of the population. 

3 hours ago, time2093 said:

People were so desperate many were calling for Thaksin to come back and help them

Ohhh... 2/3 of Thailand suddenly hungry and cashless? 
"We saved you all from Covid-Death.
You threw us all under the baht-bus. 

Yeah, the guys wearing the multi-million baht wrist-watches and diamond pinky-rings while looking down their noses at the plebs may suddenly be in for a real shock soon. It's one thing to call out the troops and shut down a country along political divides.  Most in the country went along with it - everyone had a job and could feed themselves.  But when suddenly the desperation is no longer a function of political ideology, but instead, is about not being able to pay bills no less feed your family after those in power destroyed your livelihood? 
As we said in the military: "Stand-by!"

CHLZP28WcAA_Ua4.png.f879a44f99acbc00ce6bc371d9b1244e.png

^^^^^^ Your citizens are below the bottom tier ^^^^^^^^

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How many Rai does a farmer make?  My woman plants  two, has four, I've bought her 6.  Yes, the numbers are a bit shady but I'm not a mathematician and probably got taken but willing to take the hit.   

literally half the thai population registered for cash handout. ( deduct 70+ getting 'pension' or children under 18)....

instead of this corrupt system of eligible or not, why not give every 18-70 year old 1500 thb a month, without the need for selection?

definitely a more fair and less burocratic option.

not much, yet still enough to cover the basic food at least. after all those 'pensioners' supposed to get by on 800thb a month...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

But when suddenly the desperation is no longer a function of political ideology, but instead, is about not being able to pay bills no less feed your family after those in power destroyed your livelihood? 
As we said in the military: "Stand-by!"

Yes, the anger levels brought about by Covid 19, and the seemingly unfair treatment of the poorest might well trigger mass protests. And public disquiet in the past may have resulted in regime change.

But now the military are permanently running the country, I don't see how 'the people' can ever bring about change. We'll see I guess.