PM Prayut ready for ASEAN summit; blesses media on Songkran

webfact

PM ready for ASEAN summit; blesses media on Songkran

8504e504c788d3f6bb29a9e8ce1fbe01_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT)- The Prime Minister has blessed the news media on the occasion of Songkran Day, wishing members good health, and confirming readiness for the ASEAN summit tomorrow.

After the meeting at the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration, General Prayut Chan-o-cha greeted members of the media at Government House. He said that today he came to greet the press and take a little walk to get some sunlight. The PM also blessed members of the news media and their families, wishing them safety, health, and prosperity.

Reporters told the PM that this is the first time that they are not able to pay their respects by pouring water onto the PM’s hands. Gen Prayut replied that next year they can do so with an even bigger splash.

He also added that he has already made merit for the Songkran Festival which he always does every year.

The PM also confirmed the government’s readiness for tomorrow’s ASEAN SUMMIT + 3 CHINA, JAPAN and SOUTH KOREA meeting, which will mainly focus on the COVID-19 situation. As for the regional COVID-19 fund, the PM said it has been proposed already, but other countries’ ideas and considerations are also needed before a decision.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200413223046372

nnt.jpg

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM also blessed members of the news media and their families, wishing them safety, health, and prosperity.

I thought he was a politician not a religious leader or a demi-god.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM also confirmed the government’s readiness for tomorrow’s ASEAN SUMMIT + 3 CHINA, JAPAN and SOUTH KOREA meeting, which will mainly focus on the COVID-19 situation.

I bet there will be a lot of proxies for the the leaders attending that meeting. The smarter leaders will be keeping a large distance from a country that does not believe in mass testing to get a true idea of the numbers. I pity those deputised to attend.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

He's the Messiah!

Well, only in his mind.

Still, the ASEAN summit has two important functions as far as brother Prayuth  is concerned: firstly is to confirm Thailand’s status as a 3rd world nation by saying as many fatuous things as possible, in as short a time as possible. Secondly, to allow other national leaders to be as scornful as possible of the world's only coup government.

In both respects I think we can count on a great success. If nothing else it will be a great junket, lots of good food, the usual, courtesy of the Thai taxpayer.

• Like 2

Unbelievable to read the posts from many. As I said, normally I am not a fan of this man. Now it´s a different scenario, though. Have you ever considered that he is also the person that rows the boat in a country where most of you posting slur, feels safer than you would feel in your home country?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PM ready for ASEAN summit

Won't allow a flu bug to get in the of grandstanding and massaging of a little ego.  Like most leaders, he has been outshined my Taiwan, Cambodia and South Korea.  He will get a spot at the kiddy table.  His uniform looks nice.  Good dress over substance seems to be the only thing he is capable of .   

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

... but why is he wearing a mil uniform again?

"General Prayut Chan-o-cha greeted members of the media at Government House...."

And why is he called General again? I thought he had officially changed over to politician sometime before the elections?

Prime Minister would sound better ... maybe I'm just thinking too much or reading too much into it.

Because he knows where his loyalty is also who will look after him in times of trouble........LOL

50 minutes ago, petermik said:

Dictator is the word that accurately describes him.......:thumbsup:

That´s Your opinion. Not according to the leaders of the rest of the world, and not described as that of any agency keeping statistics of the political situations in the countries of the world. But, sure! You know so much that you can challenge all that. Have you ever been in contact with the expression hubris?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Not according to the leaders of the rest of the world ....

Yes, but that was when he got elected and was a politician for the past few month.

What do leaders of the world think tomorrow when i.e. BJ, DJT or any of them, suddenly shows up in a mil uniform?

Anyways, not that important ... just the way it is here ... ????  

Thai's love uniforms, it is just like that ???? Put the local news on and count the uniforms. You can't keep up.

Put the news on in the west, hardly any.

Hey, who is this military lady on TV? 

That's not a military lady, that's a ordinary school teacher.

Oh, why is she wearing a mil uniform?

Never mind ????

Edited by RedPill
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Yes, but that was when he got elected and was a politician for the past few month.

What do leaders of the world think tomorrow when i.e. BJ, DJT or any of them, suddenly shows up in a mil uniform?

He wasn't elected by the thai people. 

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Unbelievable to read the posts from many. As I said, normally I am not a fan of this man. Now it´s a different scenario, though. Have you ever considered that he is also the person that rows the boat in a country where most of you posting slur, feels safer than you would feel in your home country?

Well, as they say, , evidence is what you're prepared to accept in support of something it suits you to believe.

So good luck to you I suppose... doubtless you'll learn when the stars fade from the eyes... or not.

8 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Well, as they say, , evidence is what you're prepared to accept in support of something it suits you to believe.

So good luck to you I suppose... doubtless you'll learn when the stars fade from the eyes... or not.

Ok, and then if we take that to our heart and believe what they say. What does that result in? Doesn´t that mean there can never be any evidence?

25 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Right, but it´s the present time we live in, I hope. Even if it seems like too many people would like to stay in the past. ????

27 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Right, but it´s the present time we live in, I hope. Even if it seems like too many people would like to stay in the past. ????

I hope so, too. I do see Thai news opening up ... so sometimes think the discussion could be more opened up, be on par with Thai TV news.

But who knows, I leave this discussion at this point.

Nice weather, great rain yesterday, finally, after so long time. That was really refreshing ????

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

Shouldn't this be a video conference summit?

Surely not a mass gathering in these difficult times?

My thoughts as well. Absolutely disgraceful if they all gather in person. If any one of them catches COVID-19, they have only themselves to blame!

13 hours ago, PatOngo said:

He's the Messiah!

he may have/wear more hats than we know, someone once said:

“You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.”

Abraham Lincoln

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM also confirmed the government’s readiness for tomorrow’s ASEAN SUMMIT + 3 CHINA, JAPAN and SOUTH KOREA meeting, which will mainly focus on the COVID-19 situation

we just hope they will be following the required social distancing

On 4/14/2020 at 6:27 AM, Chang_paarp said:

I thought he was a politician not a religious leader or a demi-god.

You sneeze and I hear you, I'll Bless You. ???? God Bless You and your family. We all need a blessing during these troubled times and that's my wish to all of you.