Pattaya Lockdown and major food stores

thaiden1

11 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

Yes, what I'm thinking about is the question of whether on not they're separately identifying the Darkside from the west side. I've seen no evidence of that either way. 

I don't think the authorities differentiate when it comes to that. When I look at the trackers it shows "Chon Buri" with 84 infections (up from 81 a few days ago). However, a news article on the 17th notes that there were 39 infections in "Bang Lamung". Of those, 2 died and 15 have recovered and been sent home, leaving just 12 cases supposedly (that they know of). It would seem that the other 45 (cumulative total) cases were all in the "Chon Buri" city area.

They didn't break it down by Amphoe or district or city though. And when one looks at the covid-19 tracker for example, it shows "7" for the greater Pattaya area (including Jomtien and the Darkside but those "7" aren't infections, they are news articles or notes that "someone who may have been infected may have been at some place" and that latest of those was about the person who went to Foodland - on 5 April and they went into panic mode and closed the place to disinfect it - 10 days later.

(It also doesn't note the Russian who died back on 5 April either so it's not very accurate or up to date at all.)

There was another "map" on a Thai Ministry of Health site that drTuner linked, however, the map suxed as it was colour coded with no legend to explain the colours, it was supposed to be "zoomable" and "scroll-able" but all you could do was zoom so if the area you wanted was outside of the zoomed area - forget it.

I was able to work out the colour codes (more or less) but again, all they showed was "Chon Buri" with 81 cases (at the time) but no breakdown of the province to see where the "hot spots" might be. 

And keep in mind that - originally - the lockdown was meant to keep "tourists, both foreign and domestic" from entering Pattaya. Then it changed to "locking down the core of Pattaya because of all the tourists staying down there" and then it went back to "keeping people out of Pattaya" - but the day is still young and that could change again at any time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

It should be open  if not then go to the Makro right next door.

Hello everyone.

This is for food on the Sattahip side. Where can one obtain medicaments then for it seems that access to Fascino North Road will not be allowed for anybody with a Na Chom Thian adress even if living north of southern checkpoint 8. I understand however that it is allowed to pass both to the Sattahip side and to the Si Ratcha side. We have supplies for 3 weeks but who guarantees that this nightmare will be over then.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

9 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Hello everyone.

This is for food on the Sattahip side. Where can one obtain medicaments then for it seems that access to Fascino North Road will not be allowed for anybody with a Na Chom Thian adress even if living north of southern checkpoint 8. I understand however that it is allowed to pass both to the Sattahip side and to the Si Ratcha side. We have supplies for 3 weeks but who guarantees that this nightmare will be over then.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Go up the bypass/railway road and turn right into Soi Khao Talo and buy your meds at the Fascino pharmacy there

Edited by Don Mega
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Go up the bypass/railway road and turn right into Soi Khao Talo and buy your meds at the Fascino pharmacy there

Thanks. This means that we can as well shop for food on the Dark Side. Hope we can return then easily to our home for according to the maps that have been published, driving INTO the area where we live (I did assume it was within the lockdown area - but I am obviously wrong) from outside is not allowed. It is a pity that no map based on Google Maps (or in that detail) is available which clearly shows where the lockdown area is.

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

Thanks. This means that we can as well shop for food on the Dark Side. Hope we can return then easily to our home for according to the maps that have been published, driving INTO the area where we live (I did assume it was within the lockdown area - but I am obviously wrong) from outside is not allowed. It is a pity that no map based on Google Maps (or in that detail) is available which clearly shows where the lockdown area is.

Not sure where in Jomtien you are but this is how to get to the Fascino on Khao Talo avoiding the check points.

Jomtien to Fascino Khao Talo

1211253935_Annotation2020-04-20154452.jpg.2bf58f973ccf5b271710ec81444aac32.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Maybe a rather unknown superstore on the "Darkside" :

-Eastiny Park Fresh Food-

next to Shell station 

Soi Siam Country Club. 

Is that open ? I was just looking on Google and it says "temporarily closed" but maybe that's out of date.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:47 PM, Don Mega said:

Not sure where in Jomtien you are but this is how to get to the Fascino on Khao Talo avoiding the check points.

Jomtien to Fascino Khao Talo

Thanks for the map. Very much appreciated.

This whole confusion did arise since checkpoint 8 was moved without notice from Soi 6 Na Chom Thian to Chaiapruek. Before we were in the lockdown area (no checkpoint entering the city), after that we were outside.

Edited by moogradod

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Is that open ? I was just looking on Google and it says "temporarily closed" but maybe that's out of date.

I have been Wednesday around 10 a.m.. Looks close from outside, not very much illuminated, more staff than customers. Rather nice choice of domestic and foreign products. Will visit again.

• Like 1