Pattaya Lockdown and major food stores

thaiden1

Jomtien Immigration are of course open for all, no need to worry.

Checkpoint will ask reason to enter.

- Visa extension at Jomtien Immigration.

Application form for checkpoints are posted many times on Thaivisa.

Edit see link below

Edited by OnTheGround
Added link

I'm quite sure that all residents within the Banglamung District can enter the Pattaya city with the right paperwork, i.e Passport House book ID card or rental contract. Non-Residents might get it more complicated. 

Read Bangkok https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1899760/pattaya-mayor-poised-to-impose-stricter-lockdown

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well I think the authorities gave their reason. They report a concentration cases mostly farangs in Central Pattaya. If that is really true or not I suppose we can imagine some reasons for locking down that area more than other areas. Otherwise it could be a dose of xenophobia and scapegoating. Take your pick. 

But ... aren't they blocking ENTRANCE, and NOT EXIT? Doesn't the latter make more sense if "farangs in Central Pattaya" are the most infected??????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Why are they even doing this tighter lockdown when another news item is talking about easing restrictions?  Pattaya residents seem to be following the current lockdown rules very well and I don't see the need to tighten them.  My partner and I have shopped for food several times at Big C Marina and it is managed very well already--temperature taken, social distancing being maintained, and not many shoppers in the store.  Let's start thinking about easing things--like allowing walks on the beach with social distancing--rather than making things more restrictive. 

I see the same idiots every day, walking at the beach and refusing to wear masks. 90% of the people on some occasions refusing to wear a mask and not understanding the meaning of social distancing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, patsfangr said:

But ... aren't they blocking ENTRANCE, and NOT EXIT? Doesn't the latter make more sense if "farangs in Central Pattaya" are the most infected??????

So the "farangs in central Pattaya are the most infected" can get out as you state "they are blocking the entrance and not the exit".....something wrong there methinks......:whistling:

1 hour ago, actonion said:

Lockdown? , Today my wife went into her office on Second Road North Pattaya from our home  in East Pattaya, she said no road blocks, no police anywhere, this was at 09.00...

Why day is it today and what day is the lock down starting ?

• Thanks 1

To all of you who are locked-down without freedom of movement, please accept my sympathy from here in Siem Reap (Cambodia) where it is sensible "business as usual" within city limits. Inter-provincial travel restricted to essential and emergency personnel only. Local bars, restaurants, banks, pharmacies and well-stocked supermarkets - even hair salons - all open, but one is subject to screening for possible COVID-19 infection PRIOR to entry. My temperature yesterday was 36.3 - great!! Most of the popular tourist entertainment and refreshment establishments, especially in Pub Street, are closed - no tourists! 

https://www.google.com/search?bih=483&biw=900&rlz=1C2CHBD_enTH885TH885&hl=en&ei=xZOWXr-pLZHbrQGtgLWIAg&q=pattaya+map+google+earth&oq=map+pattaya+google+earth&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgYIABAWEB46BAgAEEc6AggmOgUIABDNAkoNCBcSCTExLTMzZzExNEoKCBgSBjExLTRnNVD6LFjgSGDTT2gAcAN4AIABzQGIAYoFkgEFNS4wLjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab

I dont think they have quite considered how large the darkside is and how many people live there and need to travel to the bright side...........When you look at Google Earth from the satellite map you can see how large the dark side really is...

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 10:22 AM, bert bloggs said:

Was in Tesco N Pattaya yesterday ,very very quiet and no lockdown ,shelves all full ,no shortages that i could see ,also the car park was half empty . the wife got four face masks for 10 baht ,so did i ,had to Q and sign for them ,with our id card nos and names . last week in villa just handed over ,did not have to sign ,

The lockdown starts tomorrow 2pm if the "dry run" today works. 

If they are concerned about a concentration of infections in W Pattaya they should monitor those coming out NOT in. Pattaya was always going to be a hotspot due to high density living and social mingling. Monitoring those going in must be to prevent an influx of infected Thais initially for Songran and subsequently for Thais who think lockdown is a public holiday for group drinking and eating. I think darksiders are well of out of it.

• Like 2

Just now, chilly07 said:

If they are concerned about a concentration of infections in W Pattaya they should monitor those coming out NOT in. Pattaya was always going to be a hotspot due to high density living and social mingling. 

I disagree simply because a huge number of pattaya residents travelled home as soon closure started.

They left weeks ago, and Pattaya city center is as quiet as Christmas morning, every day now.

Pattaya maybe WAS a hotspot until closure initiated. Within 3 days hordes was on the bus to up country. Pattaya city bright side are currently nearly empty, relatively speaking.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Even people living on the Dark side are allowed to go to the stores on the west side of Sukhumvit. Try read the news online instead of asking here. For example: The Pattaya News,Pattaya One News and Pattaya Mail. 

Here's yesterday's articles from all three.  None of them indicate to me that going shopping inside the blockade is permitted for darksiders.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-lockdown-to-be-enforced-on-thursday-april-16-295463

https://pattayaone.news/pattaya-lockdown-to-be-enforced-on-thursday-april-16/

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/14/pattaya-city-begins-dry-run-of-city-closure-restrictions-tomorrow-full-closure-thursday/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Will we be able to get to immigration in Jomtien from the Darkside ??

I need to renew my 1-year retirement extension by the 29th

Or will be hit for overstay even though they have blocked the roads....?

You can apply for the extension in the last 30 days of your current visa.  Do it today, they are not busy now, I did it on Monday and got my p.p. back on Tuesday.  I was ready to leave my p.p. there if I couldn't get through as I thought Tuesday was beginning of Lockdown 2.0.  Who knows if they'll let you go through for immigration or not?

I think they've granted amnesty for all visas until the end of April, but that only gives you 1 day and then they will be swamped again on May 1st unless they grant everyone another 30 days.  And I doubt they will extend your retirement visa if it is expired, so I think you'd better get it done today.

4 minutes ago, Schlepenstein said:

. . . . . and then they will be swamped again on May 1st unless they grant everyone another 30 days.  And I doubt they will extend your retirement visa if it is expired, so I think you'd better get it done today.

This is incorrect.  A period will be specified for renewals to be made to prevent any avalanche on the day the extension expires.  This is mentioned on a sign at the entrance to immigration in Jomtien.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

This blocus doesn't make any sense

it should be a big mess today

and yet we still don't know what is the real

motivation behind all this plan to isolate the city center.

It's to ensure that no one sneaks in to play Songkran on the 19th, which is Pattaya's big day, stretching it out either side just to make sure. It must be orgasmic for this government to be able to pin down the peasants like this, the crowds of Songkraners full of booze-fuelled dutch courage must've been a huge worry for them. The ban on alcohol sales is the icing on the cake for them.

Edited by jesimps
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gamesgplayemail said:

It has been cancelled already, they are saying it now.

It was a fail even before the start.

I don't know if someone in the city hall have a hint of intelligence

but to block all the u turn with concrete barriers and put a control at

the end of Sukkhumvit can only form a nice bottleneck, and considering the huge

trafic on this road the bottle is full in less than 30 minutes

now we have to wait the next genius plan

1 hour ago, treetops said:

This is incorrect.  A period will be specified for renewals to be made to prevent any avalanche on the day the extension expires.  This is mentioned on a sign at the entrance to immigration in Jomtien.

That's good to hear, but I still wonder about what happens if your retirement visa expires during lockdown.  I've gotten my own 12 month extension but I was worried about being locked out, luckily there was a window of access that will close after today.  I think they are mostly concerned with accommodating tourists who are trapped here, I wouldn't count on being able to renew a retirement visa after it expires unless they specifically authorize it.

3 minutes ago, Schlepenstein said:

That's good to hear, but I still wonder about what happens if your retirement visa expires during lockdown.  I've gotten my own 12 month extension but I was worried about being locked out, luckily there was a window of access that will close after today.  I think they are mostly concerned with accommodating tourists who are trapped here, I wouldn't count on being able to renew a retirement visa after it expires unless they specifically authorize it.

Your post is intersting but i wonder what is the link with the topic

'' Pattaya lockdown and major food stores'' ??