Anyone have know anyone who has been infected?

likerdup1

I live in Pattaya, the Thai Covid 19 tracker shows just one infection in the "Vision" Condo Pratumnak. This can't be right. i can't believe there is only one person that's been infected here. Anyone have any friends or friends of friends who have been infected? If so where did they go for hospitalization if needed? This is an important question. last I saw was that Bangkok Pattaya hospital was proudly advertising they don't have anyone with Covid-19 at their hospital... Meaning THEY DON"T TREAT COVID 19 patients.

So, suppose an expat in Pattaya thinks they have Covid-19 ... then what do you do? where could you get treatment? Anyone know of any hospitals that have setup special wards? If not, something smells rotten in good ole' sin city LOS.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

It means they do

Are you sure about that? "No it does not" means he could be agreeing with me. No opinions please.. do you have first hand information that that Bangkok Pattaya Hospital in North Pattaya treats people with Covid 19? If not don't comment and don't try to interpret others posts ... let the guy reply for himself.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Geez, read what you posted about Bangkok Pats Hospital.

You said "Meaning they don't treat Covid 19 patients"

That is a false statement by you...

How do you know it's false? Do you have first hand knowledge that they are currently treating Covid 19 Patients? I visited the web site a week ago and the front page of the web site said they did not have ANY COVID 19 patients.. I just visited the site and all they say is "please notify our staff" if you have any of the symptoms.. do you know for sure that you can get a bed in BKK Pattaya hospital if you have symptoms or test positive for Covid 19? If so please tell me how you know for sure.. have you called and asked? If there is no reply then I'll just chalk it up to another punter posting opinion.

Edited by likerdup1

2 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Are you sure about that? No it does not means he could be agreeing with me. No opinions please.. do you have first hand information that that Bangkok Pattaya Hospital in North Pattaya treats people with Covid 19? If not don't comment and don't try to interpret others posts ... let the guy reply for himself.

Please yourself ,yes they do treat covid patients but I haven,t any first hand info so I won,t bother with telling you were to go! 

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Please yourself ,yes they do treat covid patients but I haven,t any first hand info so I won,t bother with telling you were to go! 

what? ... sorry, but that makes no sense. Yea, please don't comment anymore.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm guessing private hospitals will treat you as a leper and tell you to go elsewhere probably a designated govt hospital in your area. The govt has told hospitals they MUST treat people, how that works in practice i don't know

Yes, my thought when seeing the front page of the BKK Pattaya hospital web site proudly announcing they don't have any Covid 19 patients... now that has been taken down and they only say "please tell staff immediately if you have any symptoms" Since BKK  Pattaya is private and really getting to be quite an expensive hospital comparitively they might just choose to not treat Covid 19 patients as a business decision.. to keep their image as "safe" for patients that have more lucrative illnesses or need expensive operations etc..

42 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No it does not.

The fact that the hospitals here are not overwhelmed and crying for ICU equipment certainly is an indicator the number of hospitalizations are very very low.

I have a friend who has a gf who works in a hospital in Pattaya and she told him they have admitted only one covid patient.

Thank you for editing your post and expanding on your reply. This is interesting information and useful. I appreciate it. Do you mind mentioning the hospital? That would be helpful for anyone here on Thaivisa that thinks they might have Covid 19. At this point I haven't seen any posts listing where one could get treatment if they thought they might have Covid 19 infection in the Pattaya / Chonburi area.

Edited by likerdup1

3 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Thank you for editing your post and expanding on your reply. This is interesting information and useful. I appreciate it. Do you mind mentioning the hospital? That would be helpful for anyone here on Thaivisa that thinks they might have Covid 19. At this point I haven't seen any posts listing where one could get treatment if they thought they might have Covid 19 infection in the Pattaya / Chonburi area.

Reading a long facebook post the other day, once it seems you have potential Covid 19 they take it really seriously now. If you want govt Bang Lamung hospital in Naklua will treat you or send you to a designated hospital. Everyone seems to go to hospital which isn't how say the UK is doing it but numbers here appear low

7 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

There have been several threads posted showing lists of hospitals that have testing facilities and their prices that you can try and search for.

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

How do you know it's false? Do you have first hand knowledge that they are currently treating Covid 19 Patients? I visited the web site a week ago and the front page of the web site said they did not have ANY COVID 19 patients.. I just visited the site and all they say is "please notify our staff" if you have any of the symptoms.. do you know for sure that you can get a bed in BKK Pattaya hospital if you have symptoms or test positive for Covid 19? If so please tell me how you know for sure.. have you called and asked? If there is no reply then I'll just chalk it up to another punter posting opinion.

Edited by Matzzon
Sorry! Saw the posts after. Missed those.
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i just read they are doing 200 tests a day of at risk groups at the Grand Bella Hotel which is very close to Memorial hospital, so i guess that's where a potential case will go

Yes, I read they had set that Hotel up as a quarantine facility. Not sure how much care or treatment one would get if they tested positive and then were put under quarantine.

So, so far a few hours later nobody has given me any definite information about where to get treated if you think you've got it... is anybody else concerned?

Please don't chime in and reply if you fancy yourself some indestructible Billy Bad Ass that would never get infected or think it's a hoax or some other BS and think it's not needed here in Pattaya.

24 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Yes, I read they had set that Hotel up as a quarantine facility. Not sure how much care or treatment one would get if they tested positive and then were put under quarantine.

So, so far a few hours later nobody has given me any definite information about where to get treated if you think you've got it... is anybody else concerned?

Please don't chime in and reply if you fancy yourself some indestructible Billy Bad Ass that would never get infected or think it's a hoax or some other BS and think it's not needed here in Pattaya.

No doubt your attitude to responses did the trick!????

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

Why don't you call the hospital and ask them? That's what I did but it was about a month ago now and it's in Bangkok.

A special negative pressure ward is required to treat Covid-19 patients. If the hospital does not have one of these, then they also will not have any Covid-19 patients. Any hospital should be able to test for the disease, but if you are actually infected and require hospitalization you will be transferred to somewhere with the proper facilities for care.

So if a hospital says they have no Covid-19 patients, that could either mean they have any empty ward with no patients, or are not equipped to care for patients.  Testing and admitting for inpatient care are different things. I have no idea if BKK Pataya has a negative pressure ward for Covid-19 treatment or not. My guess is no, and if that is the case, it obviously follows that they have no Covid-19 patients.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i just read they are doing 200 tests a day of at risk groups at the Grand Bella Hotel which is very close to Memorial hospital, so i guess that's where a potential case will go

One of my wifes running club members had a temp of 39.5 was very worried and went there for a test ,it came back negative .i believe it was free.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm guessing private hospitals will treat you as a leper and tell you to go elsewhere probably a designated govt hospital in your area. The govt has told hospitals they MUST treat people, how that works in practice i don't know

I would have thought, if you're a foreigner with really good travel/health insurance, they'll happily take you in.

Because you (and to a greater or lesser extent depending on how good your insurance is, your insurance company) will be paying through the nose for treatment.

The request of the government for private hospitals to treat Covid-19 patients for free only applies to people on the Thai government's gold card scheme.

i.e. Thai nationals (and permanent residents?)

The Title of this post is "Anyone have know anyone who has been infected?" 

All I have seen is bickering about hospitals treating or not. Maybe I missed it but has anyone answered the question?

Personally I don't know anyone who has or has had the virus. Can anyone else answer to the original point of this thread?

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

All I have seen is bickering about hospitals treating or not. Maybe I missed it but has anyone answered the question?

This is TV mate, the hub of bickering.

FWIW I haven't heard of anyone with it either besides on the news.

• Like 1

"last I saw was that Bangkok Pattaya hospital was proudly advertising they don't have anyone with Covid-19 at their hospital... Meaning THEY DON"T TREAT COVID 19 patients."

That is a bit of an extreme assumption. It may well mean that they do not currently have any active cases.

My niece is an intern at a large hospital in Bangkok and for months they had many suspected cases but not until mid March did they get the first confirmed case, and they got a few more in the following couple of weeks.

Unfortunately towards the end of March one of the interns, a friend of my niece, developed symptoms and was put in quarantine. She was confirmed and has since recovered. The other interns were sent home to self isolate and are not required to go back until April 30th.

Unlike Europe the Thai hospitals are not overwhelmed, in the UK final year medical students are being asked to work in hospitals.

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Everyone seems to go to hospital which isn't how say the UK is doing it but numbers here appear low

That is the norm in Thailand, if you are ill in any way you go to a hospital outpatients dept.

I go to Bang Saen and that is a bit similar to the UK in that normally you need a referral from a doctor in outpatients to attend another dept.

I have to go on the 24th for a repeat prescription which is a bit of a concern. Apparently they have relaxed the rules and my wife could go and get it but I don't see that as any great benefit.

Before anyone suggests a pharmacy, one of the tablets is unavailable. 

23 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

It seems you never read news online. They have been releasing numbers of cases in every province/major city the last couple of weeks, including Pattaya. Just because there were only 1 official case at Vision Condominium doesn't mean that's the only case in Pattaya. If that had been the case,why do you think they closing down Pattaya/Jomtien 2pm tomorrow? There's about 80 official cases in Chonburi province with the majority in Pattaya. The only reason for a low number like 80 is because they only test a very few. The number can be 10-100 times higher.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:31 AM, scubascuba3 said:

yep you sure are guessing. One of my best friend went to BNH last week, had/has textbook Covid 19 symptoms. He was admitted asap with great care and attention. He is positive but recovering on oxygen and a suite of med's. 

• Like 1