Busted in Pattaya: Local cops nab South Korean "ice" dealer after South Pattaya sting

webfact

Busted in Pattaya: Local cops nab South Korean "ice" dealer after South Pattaya sting

7pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media reported that the police in Pattaya arrested a 43 year old South Korean man after reports by an informant suggested he was selling crystal meth to his compatriots. 

The police set up a sting at Supalai Condominium in the Thepprasit area of South Pattaya. 

S.K. Park realised what was about to happen and tried to flee but was apprehended. 

No drugs were found in his possession at the scene but a more thorough search at the police station uncovered two small plastic packets containing 2.4 grams of "ice".

They were hidden in a milk carton. 

7pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Park said he had bought the drugs from a Thai guy aged about 40 whose name he didn't know. He paid 1,500 baht a gram. 

He was charged with possessing narcotics with intent to sell.

The investigation is being widened to see who was supplying the suspect. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-14

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

No drugs were found in his possession at the scene but a more thorough search at the police station uncovered two small plastic packets containing 2.4 grams of "ice".

They were hidden in a milk carton. 

I wonder where he hid the milk carton? ouch!

• Haha 2

On 4/14/2020 at 2:50 AM, smedly said:

I was on beach road a few weeks back and was offered marijuana every 10mins by Thais selling - one was directly across from the police staion

and more will happen as the Thais struggle to get money some how.  Would not be surprised if there is all sorts of black market stuff going on also, some with and some without some crooked cops in on it.  Happens every time in situations like this everywhere in the world and in all cultures

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

and more will happen as the Thais struggle to get money some how.  Would not be surprised if there is all sorts of black market stuff going on also, some with and some without some crooked cops in on it.  Happens every time in situations like this everywhere in the world and in all cultures

Well as to  these guys selling anywhere that has been going on for years and hardly new. What I fear is when the lock-down is eased, will all these desperate people in town we see be heading elsewhere... or will it be rather risky for me to be out riding around on my bike!

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Hopefully we will be able to buy fake Raybans and Von Dutch t-shirts like in the good ole days

On 4/14/2020 at 1:50 PM, smedly said:

I was on beach road a few weeks back and was offered marijuana every 10mins by Thais selling - one was directly across from the police staion

Almost certainly those offering will have been working for the cops. Try buying some and see what happens...the extortion game would start