Merchant sets fire to fish baskets after being denied Bt5,000 handout

webfact

7 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Imagine if you were super rich and could spend just a tiny portion of your fortune to help a huge amount of poor people. You would still be super rich after helping, have a good feeling about yourself and would even be a hero to all people.

If I was super rich, I know what I would do.

and many do do an awful lot of good with their money, they just dont shout about it.

some thais also do good, some of my well off friends do - i know because they love to tell and show people how good they are on social media. i'm not criticising, different culture, that's all.

51 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Exactly.. cut off your nose and all that...

This government allegedly has the funds, so why are they making their "electorate" suffer ?? Could it be that they are just too greedy ??

Maybe they just want to get their toys out and play with them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

It's all going to get a bit nasty.

There's going to be a lot of desperate people about, sadly.

..... and many Thais will realize what their government is all about, maybe new elections on the horizon 555

31 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

..... and many Thais will realize what their government is all about, maybe new elections on the horizon 555

and what will change? The system is rigged from the get-go. We saw the disaster during the last elections with the last minute election rules & formulas fiddling. ???? There is simply no hope for this lot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

He could have sold his fish baskets !! Or even kept them for when business got better.. ????

The 2 problems there are

1   Who would buy his fish baskets 

2   Nobody really knows when business will even start to get better, not in Thailand or worldwide.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

The 2 problems there are

1   Who would buy his fish baskets 

2   Nobody really knows when business will even start to get better, not in Thailand or worldwide.

He could have advertised them on Facebook Marketplace, people buy anything on there !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Going to see pitchforks on the streets soon if the government doesn't open up their trough to the general public.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2011/08/15/192366/the-cause-of-riots-and-the-price-of-food/

The troughs are only for the richest and fattest pigs to feed at.

The scraps trampled in the dirt are for the starving.   

• Like 2

part of the $60 billion Wuhan virus help fund for local economy, was for the millions, even 10’s millions who have no jobs, less income because of the forced shutdown of the economy, all their communist Han Chinese business creeps are doing ok, many people are using the banks or the large franchise supermarkets, so giving 20 million 5000 a month is affordable, it’s $3 billion a month, $60 billion more than covers it

9 hours ago, khunpa said:

Imagine if you were super rich and could spend just a tiny portion of your fortune to help a huge amount of poor people. You would still be super rich after helping, have a good feeling about yourself and would even be a hero to all people.

If you were super rich you would only have gotten that way by stepping on the poor people, and therefore you wouldn't give a toss about them. You would feel entitled and that you earned your money, and be screaming that we need to raise taxes on the poor to give them more of an incentive to become rich like you.

Think I'm wrong? How many super rich do you see giving a "huge" amount. Even Bill Gates, who now is trying to repaint himself as a good philanthropist, only got rich by being an evil scumbag at Microsoft. Microsoft business practices were hated so much that Google adopted the slogan "Don't be evil" in their early days. 

Of course, now that Google is the super rich, all those plebian fantasies have been jettisoned.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, time2093 said:

Many were calling for Thaksin to come back and help them as at least he helped the poor when he was in office as it dont look good form many people. I'm disgusted.

Heard the same myself even from more well off people. 

They are finally starting to get the joke.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, khunpa said:

You'd have the EC after you...