Cuomo says if Trump ordered New York to reopen, he 'wouldn't do it'

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Religion if covered under the First Amendment, limiting states rights to dictate and discriminate in that regard.

Do you support states rights to set higher environmental standards and to dictate lower emissions from cars?  Trump doesn't.   https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/trump-about-strip-california-its-right-overrule-emissions-regulations-n1055811

If Alabama can ban abortion California can do what they want on emissions as far as I am concerned. Also I have my own views and don't see why I need to reconcile my views with what you think Trump is doing. 

I am not Trump's spokesperson. Trump doesn't speak for me either. My point is that usually the dems want to control everything they can at the federal level. Sure there are exceptions to the rules in both parties. 

So you are okay with Alabama doing what it wants in this regard so you can keep California the lean, green, paradise it is right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

If Alabama can ban abortion California can do what they want on emissions as far as I am concerned. Also I have my own views and don't see why I need to reconcile my views with what you think Trump is doing. 

I am not Trump's spokesperson. Trump doesn't speak for me either. My point is that usually the dems want to control everything they can at the federal level. Sure there are exceptions to the rules in both parties. 

So you are okay with Alabama doing what it wants in this regard so you can keep California the lean, green, paradise it is right?

Ok, I'll give Alabama abortions if you give California a cleaner environment.

This is interesting.  How do you feel about states with strict gun control laws stopping traffic at their borders to prevent the entry of guns from states with lax gun control?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You are wearing some seriously orange tinted glasses.  Trump is trying to figure out which option is worst for his re-election:  Lot's of Covid 19 deaths or an impaired economy.  Safety of others is not an issue for him.

You mean Trump 'might' not win NY, he managed without them last time ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ukrules said:

You mean Trump 'might' not win NY, he managed without them last time ????

There are a lot of Trump supporting retirees in Florida nursing homes and retirement communities, and a lot of Covid 19 infections in these places.  Will Trump manage without the electoral votes of the third most populous state?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Trump has walked it back and given up on trying to order the states to open up. He is now pretending he has the authority and has delegated the authority he doesn't have to the states, obviously in an attempt to save face.

The businesses will eventually decide it. The government isn't in the drivers seat for much longer. We either go to work and risk death from the virus or stay at home and slowly starve. I don't think this will last much longer before the population starts to openly defy the lock downs. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1