Did anyone get the Roojai Covid insurance?

Kenny202

Since a few days I notice that Thai TV channels are again talking a lot about covid-19, so I guess, a covid-19 insurance is not a bad idea after all. If the pandemic gets out of control like in Europe, the insurance companies will increase their prices. I see on this thread that customers who buy from Roojai have to wait a long time or did not get their insurance policy. Is Diphaya or Dipinsure any better? What is a secure way of buying that 850 Baht insurance? I would very much appreciate some more insight. I looked at Tipinsure and for 850 Baht they have two different plans, see attachment.

tipinsure 850 Baht plans.JPG

Edited by Dario

Now having Roojai 850 Bath covid-19 insurance, got it since March and no problem received insurance policy.

For this Tipinsure covid-19 insurance, there is another "Plan IS" which cost 1,950 Bath.

Seems more comprehensive/coverage. 

Maybe will switch to this when going to renew next year.

image.png.d621fbe5b3425ed860147dd78c94c6b3.png

Edited by Calvin1976

• 4 months later...

The Roojai policy is with Krungthai Panich. The cover of 200,000 is more than the maximum offered by Dhipaya (100,000) but Dhipaya will pay the hospital directly. The Roojai policy will refund only. 

On 4/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, Kenny202 said:

Well I didn't see it and I looked everywhere, and in any case why would you attach a Thai list of terms and conditions to an English worded website? I think it's fair to say the whole thing has been handled badly. I bought the policy without seeing T&C's because I figured 850 baht for some insurance was better than nothing. My bad. All I want is a copy of my policy, which after myself making a lot of noise and wasting a lot of my time looks like you have addressed. But please stop telling people you are sorry Roojai service didn't meet their expectations, as if everyone was expecting too much or misunderstood something. Like I said, all my expectations where was was what advertised, and a policy in my hand within 2 weeks  

All is well now though?

On 12/9/2020 at 8:11 AM, Calvin1976 said:

Now having Roojai 850 Bath covid-19 insurance, got it since March and no problem received insurance policy.

For this Tipinsure covid-19 insurance, there is another "Plan IS" which cost 1,950 Bath.

Seems more comprehensive/coverage. 

Maybe will switch to this when going to renew next year.

image.png.d621fbe5b3425ed860147dd78c94c6b3.png

It says only 30,000 for medical expenses. The 2,000,000 is for coma cover. They have changed the wording from "critical illness" to "coma". 

Screenshot_20210424-145653_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by pj123

On 12/9/2020 at 7:25 AM, Dario said:

Since a few days I notice that Thai TV channels are again talking a lot about covid-19, so I guess, a covid-19 insurance is not a bad idea after all. If the pandemic gets out of control like in Europe, the insurance companies will increase their prices. I see on this thread that customers who buy from Roojai have to wait a long time or did not get their insurance policy. Is Diphaya or Dipinsure any better? What is a secure way of buying that 850 Baht insurance? I would very much appreciate some more insight. I looked at Tipinsure and for 850 Baht they have two different plans, see attachment.

tipinsure 850 Baht plans.JPG

Only one person had a problem as far as I can see..the OP.

On 4/15/2020 at 6:59 PM, EricTh said:

Dear Roojai

Is it possible to buy COVID insurance from more than one company?

I bought the lowest premium COVID under Dhipaya last month but I regretted later it might not be enough. I should have bought a higher premium insurance.

If someone get the coronavirus and he has two insurance coverage from different companies, which insurance company can the infected person claim the money from?

You will have to check the policy wording to make sure, but in general it should be possible to collect the death and permanent disability benefit from more than one insurer. This tends to be true for life insurance and personal accident policies which have stated benefits that are not tied to indemnification of expenses incurred.

The portions of two Covid policies that reimburse for medical expenses will not pay twice because one can only be indemnified for these expenses once. Having two or more policies may also present issues if both policies provide indemnity for medical expenses. They may each want to pay 50% according to their policy's terms, conditions and exclusions. In theory, you could have one policy pay half of your medical expenses incurred and the other one not pay its half due to an exclusion or a waiting period.

It is unlikely that the limits for medical expenses provided by two policies could be stacked to provide a higher limit. Accomplishing this would require a specific request by you and a level of understanding and willingness on the part of both insurers to modify the two policies. I think it is unlikely you would be able to obtain this on a mass-market small premium cover such as this. 

Again, you would need to read the actual policy's terms and conditions and possibly ask the insurers if their policies are not sufficiently clear.

26 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

You will have to check the policy wording to make sure, but in general it should be possible to collect the death and permanent disability benefit from more than one insurer. This tends to be true for life insurance and personal accident policies which have stated benefits that are not tied to indemnification of expenses incurred.

The portions of two Covid policies that reimburse for medical expenses will not pay twice because one can only be indemnified for these expenses once. Having two or more policies may also present issues if both policies provide indemnity for medical expenses. They may each want to pay 50% according to their policy's terms, conditions and exclusions. In theory, you could have one policy pay half of your medical expenses incurred and the other one not pay its half due to an exclusion or a waiting period.

It is unlikely that the limits for medical expenses provided by two policies could be stacked to provide a higher limit. Accomplishing this would require a specific request by you and a level of understanding and willingness on the part of both insurers to modify the two policies. I think it is unlikely you would be able to obtain this on a mass-market small premium cover such as this. 

Again, you would need to read the actual policy's terms and conditions and possibly ask the insurers if their policies are not sufficiently clear.

Sorry, it's all in Thai. I can't read upper intermediate Thai.

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Sorry, it's all in Thai. I can't read upper intermediate Thai.

I suppose after obtaining suitable new coverage you could cancel the Dhipaya policy to avoid any potential issues of having duplicate insurance. The downside is that you might not get much (any?) return premium for cancelling.

It seems they still haven't got their act together since last year when I created my post. Renewed mine again. Took 2 and a half months to get my policy and still only after many emails and calls

On 4/24/2021 at 3:11 PM, Sheryl said:

@Roojai

Can you confirm if this policy will cover being sent to a field hospital or "hospitel" if one tests COVID policy? I called your office to ask and they did not know.

Hi Sheryl,

The customer will be covered in-patient when they are sent to a field hospital or Hospitel.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Hi Sheryl,

The customer will be covered in-patient when they are sent to a field hospital or Hospitel.

Thank you. You might like to tell your staff this as calling your office to ask, they were unable to reply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Thank you. You might like to tell your staff this as calling your office to ask, they were unable to reply.

It's a new situation and many things are changing. We informed them after your feedback, and made sure they can respond to the customer's questions.

Thanks for your comment,

The Roojai team

• Like 2

Took the cover out with Roojai/Diphaya last December and received all of the documentation in both Thai and English about 6 weeks later.. Sent direct to the house.

Happy with the arrangement.

Took the cover out with Roojai/Diphaya April 12th 2021

Received email stating Your policy is being processed by TipInsure and you will receive it afterwards.

with a 3 page attachment

THIS ENGLISH VERSION IS AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSLATION. THE THAI TEXT IS THE LEGALLY BINDING ONE. Summary Conditions, Terms & General Exclusions of Individual Insurance policy for Coronavirus Infection (Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

Haven't received anything else

On 4/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, Kenny202 said:

I received a confirmation email but only like a blanket robotic response thing with a confirmation ref number. There are no details of my name, how much I paid or even what policy I have.

Bought 26 April and confirmation email had ref number, confirmation of payment and my details.  Nothing heard since.

Your policy is being processed by TipInsure and you will receive it afterwards.

For additional information please contact TipInsure at

Emailed Roojai just now to ask when I can expect the promised policy.

PH

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

@Roojai

I attempted to buy online but policy seemed different than listed and also had a 90 day wait period.

???

Interesting - I bought a week or so back; just looked again at the website and it has changed, with extra premium options, also now asks a few health details. However, it still clearly shows (to me) 14 day wait period.

Edited by Disparate Dan
typo

Just now, Disparate Dan said:

Interesting - I bought a week or so back; just looked again at the website and it has changed, with extra premium options, also now asks a few health details, buttotal coverage appears to have been reduced. However, it still clearly shws (to me) 14 day wait period.

it says that on the website but when you click on Terms & Conditions (before proceeding to payment) it comes up showing 90 days.

14 day wait period is reasonable, 90 days at the height of an outbreak obviously not.

I also initially though coverage had been reduced but actually below the plans listed there is a button you can slide to see the other plans and the 100k medical 1 million death one is still an option.

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

14 day wait period is reasonable, 90 days at the height of an outbreak obviously not.

Agreed! Glad I have my (emailed) confirmation of the 14-day version. Only 8 days to go and someone in our condo apparently just got the virus. We would make a movie of this except filming is suddenly verboten.................

I purchased this on 21st April. Received confirmation email with details including name, Passport No. reference number, beneficiary name in event of worst case outcome, and a "click here" button link to English non official translation of  basic policy wording which clearly states exclusion of payment in the event the insured is diagnosed with covid-19 within 14 days or is medically diagnosed as to having become infected within 14 days from date of policy purchase.

Seems a reasonable stand down period and terms from the Insurers position given that many might panic buy if suspect they have been exposed.

But it clearly says  14 days !

6 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

I purchased this on 21st April. Received confirmation email with details including name, Passport No. reference number, beneficiary name in event of worst case outcome, and a "click here" button link to English non official translation of  basic policy wording which clearly states exclusion of payment in the event the insured is diagnosed with covid-19 within 14 days or is medically diagnosed as to having become infected within 14 days from date of policy purchase.

Seems a reasonable stand down period and terms from the Insurers position given that many might panic buy if suspect they have been exposed.

But it clearly says  14 days !

Maybe but the T &C that come up on the website now say 90 days. Waiting for @Roojaito clarify this

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

@Roojai

2136115021_ScreenShot2021-04-26at11_57_23AM.thumb.png.c225578aee6c48ac9bcea86585616f1b.png

I attempted to buy online but policy seemed different than listed  --  90 day wait period.

???

Hi Sheryl,

Did you add cancer insurance, too? 90 days is the waiting period for cancer insurance and 14 days for Covid-19 insurance.

Regards,
The Roojai team

35 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Hi Sheryl,

Did you add cancer insurance, too? 90 days is the waiting period for cancer insurance and 14 days for Covid-19 insurance.

Regards,
The Roojai team

no. I added nothing. This is what shows for just the COVID policy.

2 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Just checked Roojai online and the offerings of the policy have changed from what I have purchases but it still states 14  days on this link.

https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/

It states this there but when you go through the application process online and get towards the end and click on Terms & Conditions it shows as I posted.