Thailand reports 30 new coronavirus cases, two new deaths

webfact

10 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yes, 43 deaths in 2.5 months is pretty good... Let people out in their cars and on their bikes, we'll exceed that number every day !!

Why must every OP thread posted about COVID, and which the responses should have some resemblance too, always be Hijacked for the auto death Agenda?

Yes if the number of deaths posted (43), is to be trusted, which I do not, then why the lockdown Worldwide.  Well lets just start out with:

1. Safety of everyone's health, since this virus is not contained and transmits from asymptomatic carriers.....how is that to start.  But then that's not a good enough reason is it?  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Exert taken from Dept. Of Disease Control  https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/news/news_no78_130463.pdf

That's quite a bold statement to say that they have more than enough ventilators and ICU beds??

image.png.9bafe8574af88655d7640a9de22e644d.png

Very bold indeed considering that only 2,855 ventilators are actually available for use now, according to WHO Thailand

Chonburi governor apparently authorized the opening of some malls yesterday. Considering Chonburi has the 8th highest rate of confirmed cases at 80 it's a bold move. Second wave of infections could easily happen <Deleted>...

Edited by metisdead
Unknown acronym removed.

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Very bold indeed considering that only 2,855 ventilators are actually available for use now, according to WHO Thailand

Apparently there are 10,184 ventilators units nationwide. So if there are only 2,855 available, 7,329 are being used, but in the treatment of what is the issue?

3 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Apparently there are 10,184 ventilators units nationwide. So if there are only 2,855 available, 7,329 are being used, but in the treatment of what is the issue?

Not treating severe and dying C-19 patients because if that were happening, we at TV would all necessarily be aware of it via hospital staff and family members of the patients letting us know via social media. 

Edited by JCP108
hearing voices
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

According to the latest WHO data published in 2017 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 60,321 or 12.04% of total deaths. The age adjusted Death Rate is 69.87 per 100,000 of population ranks Thailand #57 in the world.

So I guess thats where they other ventilators are being used.

8 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Not treating severe and dying C-19 patients because if that were happening, we at TV would all necessarily be aware of it via hospital staff and family members of the patients letting us know via social media. 

Hows that social media work with the 5000 baht support package then, or don,t you have a Thai gf?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand currently has 10,184 ventilator units nationwide but only 2,855 are available.

Looking at New York, with 80% of Covid patients not surviving the ventilators there, I would prefer not to be sedated and put on such a machine. Most probably I would insist in just getting some oxygen. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Singapore which was lauded for its response is now going through a second wave far more serious than the first, the main sources of this second wave are migrant workers in dormitories and construction sites, akin to the situation we have in Thailand with the Burmese camps and construction sites still going on. Its just a matter of time before an outbreak occurs within these settings and then this could tip the virus here in Thailand to comparable numbers as those in Europe.

The Burmese camps all be disinfected a lot now. (Photos, the thai orange shirt volunteers 2 day ago). Disinfect the camp (big machine) every room, and spray the people.(small backpack spray) Sorry photo not so good.

Also check everybody temperature. 

Everybody high temperature will be test, and must isolate alone 2 weeks.

The Burmese worker help together, good behavior. They not want loose the job.  If find positive one EVERYBODY that camp will stop work= loose money.

Also rule Burmese can NOT leave the camp. The Thai foreman must bring the food etc.

Thai volunteer also give alcohol hand gel and mask for them. 

if they not have covid, and they not contact outside world= they will not get it.

Good plan IF they not have already.

the thai foreman social distance from the worker. 

I hope be ok.C27A99DD-4B0A-43A7-BA3A-D8DF07CB613D.jpeg.11405d7260b746b0e90154e16f863bf2.jpegC5FE50F4-56E8-4FA0-A0ED-93DFC0A748A5.jpeg.1a4abd34d68b185967cc604230a47ac3.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

So, if I understand correctly, the people in this photo got properly disinfected. So, they can sit close together and not wear masks and everyone is safe from getting/passing infections. Right?

I agree. Should social distance. Wear mask. The volunteer give them free mask, tell them. 

But they same big family. 

Must isolate the group from other people. 

Hope it work.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

A "couple of months". Could you give a pointer.

My memory does not serve me news from months ago.

Tried to, but for reason xyz TVF's search only spans a few pages of my posting history and google got no matches. I posted in the topic about myself eagerly waiting for the results. Can't remember the name of the university in question, help somebody? Is memory loss a sign of covid-19?

EDIT: Ha! Victory!

Edited by DrTuner

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

Yes, I always see facebook and twitter full of people broadcasting their friends and relatives being in a hospital, it's obligatory here. 

In reality it's "hey where are you going"  to wife, with the answer "somebody died again I'll go to funeral". Accepted part of life without much fuss around here.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

I noted 2 things in that article.
One - they stated one person had just arrived - from France, and the other had just arrived - from the USA.
I thought they had banned anyone, even Thais, from arriving from anywhere, a couple weeks ago ? (Unless they are on the "exempt" list of course).

The second thing I noticed - they didn't refer to any of those new cases as "foreigners". No mention of them being foreigners or of having been in contact with foreigners (in Thailand).
It seems the way things are now, if any "foreigners" had been involved, that would have been the headline. But as none were, they don't even mention where all those cases were found (except for the Muslim guy who died).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I think you should read up on herd immunity in relation to corona viruses. UK started on that course and backtracked. How's it going there? Sweden. Basically ignored it which is the underlying principle of herd immunity and how's things going there. Both have had huge spikes.

Ill say this I think we will all see when this rinses out how much it's been blown up by the media a fear narrative and Sweden will be known as the country that largely bucked the narrative.

Lochdowns of this magnitude when 97% of people will recover/minor symptoms or wont even have symptoms seems unreal to me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

It all seems to be going swimmingly. There's still two weeks until D-Day (or should that be R-Day, lol) on 1st May when some are saying that certain restrictions might start to be lifted. Two weeks is plenty of time to get the new cases down into the teens, or even into single figures. And then, starting in early May, Thailand can very slowly try to return to some semblance of normality, though it seems that bars are likely to remain a casualty of the virus for a while yet.

One concern is the report that Thailand is running short of favipiravir and having difficulty sourcing more because so many (richer) countries now want to buy it. I really hope they can get plenty more off their Chinese friends, or the death toll here may start looking scarier than it does at the moment.

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

It all seems to be going swimmingly. There's still two weeks until D-Day (or should that be R-Day, lol) on 1st May when some are saying that certain restrictions might start to be lifted. Two weeks is plenty of time to get the new cases down into the teens, or even into single figures. And then, starting in early May, Thailand can very slowly try to return to some semblance of normality, though it seems that bars are likely to remain a casualty of the virus for a while yet.

One concern is the report that Thailand is running short of favipiravir and having difficulty sourcing more because so many (richer) countries now want to buy it. I really hope they can get plenty more off their Chinese friends, or the death toll here may start looking scarier than it does at the moment.

Thailand could stop buying submarines and put the money into favipiravir.

38 minutes ago, Sharp said:

Sweden will be known as the country that largely bucked the narrative.

Finland now has an outlier province at the border of Sweden where the percentage of infections is higher than elsewhere, "Thanks" Sweden. Not they'll probably have to lock the province down like they did for Uusimaa, where Helsinki is located in.

Edited by DrTuner

Just now, Kks88 said:

My father in law had all the symptoms 40degree fever, bad cough and pneumonia yet they refused to test him as he was “not at risk” as he had not been overseas recently. First it was just a flu (which they did not test for) then pneumonia from

“dust”. He died of complications a few days ago. This is why their numbers are low because they are completely full of sh!t. Having a confirmed case makes them lose face

Did you get to know the cause of death in the death certificate?