Problem russian landlord- agent

KoiWe took out 3 month plan on condo.

Russian agent has been inside the condo without our consent not only once.  Pulled him and he denied it.   Then he asking now that we pay full 3 mths rent upfront but before he said it was to be paid month by month.plus 1500 baht for final cleaning bill but thats not on contract.

Hes not a pleasant person at all, to the point of trying to be intimidating.

My pRtnwr thinks he will try keep deposit on her as im going home next week, she scared stay here herself for next couple months.  Does he charge the electric and water and how can i check it.

If he wants to play hardball then ill not be paying him this months rent, or electric, he can keep the damn 7k deposit. 

What rights do i have.

What rights does he have.

I mean its thailand and i think he thinks he can overstep the mark with me.

Best ????????????????

I agree with kenk24 , I would just leave so the robbing sob's dont get there grubby little hands on your cash. When you dwal with people like this you wont win, they are just robbing liars

2 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Give immigration a shout.

He's working so he'd better have the right status.

He'll be properly fined if he's illegal & if your missus calls it then she gets 5%

Loved Sid James. What a laugh in every sense of the word.

What rights does he have to throw me out ?

What rights do we have to stay ? 

Who does the electric & water bill ?

Does anyone know...im not running anywher, yra i can hold my own but my partner is thai and these people would rather pay up to avoid confrontation, i told her i wasnt paying him rent and would run up rennt so he could stuff the deposit but she wont have it.

3 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

What rights does he have to throw me out ?

What rights do we have to stay ? 

Who does the electric & water bill ?

Does anyone know...im not running anywher, yra i can hold my own but my partner is thai and these people would rather pay up to avoid confrontation, i told her i wasnt paying him rent and would run up rennt so he could stuff the deposit but she wont have it.

As we are in Thailand it's anyones guess as to what your rights are (even if they were written down). Meter readings for water and electricity should have been recorded (photographed) on the day you moved in and the rate to pay agreed in your contract.

I would seriously reconsider the idea of 'holding your own' when dealing with people from, shall we say, certain nations.

16 hours ago, SidJames said:

Give immigration a shout.

He's working so he'd better have the right status.

He'll be properly fined if he's illegal & if your missus calls it then she gets 5%

Agree. Fight fire with fire, if he's legit then walk. If he's not, he's got a lot of explaining to do with immigration, and no time to deal with you. 

Edited by Shot

Change the locks ASAP. This will ensure he is kept out and you are safe from him locking you out. When you move out, switch the original locks back. I have done that and I even told my landlord because I knew she didn't care. When I moved out, I gave her the keys. That is an honest landlord for you.

• 2 months later...