Are you a snitch?

Trujillo

4 hours ago, Bill97 said:

There is an abundance of dodos who come here thinking that they have a role in law enforcement.  Living that childhood dream of being a policeman.

But they all want somebody else to do the heavy lifting.

Careful Bill, you'll upset the 'Hobby Bobbies'....

17 hours ago, Trujillo said:

It's clearly breaking the regulations, but probably the owner would say that the customers are only in the shop a few minutes and it's fine.

Can you post a source to the regulation that says you may not sit inside a shop while waiting for your take out?

Afaik it's only forbidden to eat inside a restaurant.

10 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

What do you all think about this: 

Quite a problem now in the UK. Neighbours looking to settle old scores are inundating the police with reports of lockdown non-compliance.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snitches get stitches and in Thailand they go missing in the jungle. If I knew someone would caused me trouble and having to leave TH, it would certainly be worth money to get revenge, not hard to find someone taking it and not hard to locate people either.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 9:17 PM, Trujillo said:

It seems to me that breaking the rules in this regard could impact others (including you) by passing the virus along to other people. 

Overstaying a visa is, more or less, a victimless crime (but a crime nevertheless). 

But so far, interestingly, people seem not to care about whether a viral contagion is spread or not. "Not my problem," I guess...until you get it from someone.

I suspect you are not a Math Teacher?

There are 68,000,000 people in Thailand. How many cases of CV? Do the math. 

New Years car accidents kill more people each year.

Do you want to start reporting all the drivers?

Yes, the cases to population ratio is infinitely small. 

But aside from the absurdity of the current situation, the fact is that those in power are, how to say? "requesting" that you space 2 meters apart? 1.5 meters apart? 6 feet apart? and that you do not gather in groups. Masks are not required by regulation, but stores have been discriminating to disallow entry if you do not have a mask. 

The remarkably small chance of anyone in Thailand getting symptomatic with the Wuhan virus is beside the point that citizens are in fact required to do certain things, according to the State of Emergency edict. 

People who think this is a non-issue remind me of the German soldier allowed to go free in the movie Saving Private Ryan, where at the end, it is that exact person who comes back to do the unthinkable. 

As for drunk drivers, I don't know; if you saw a guy who was clearly s-faced get in his car and drive off...then he pulls into a 7-Eleven to buy more beer...if there was a policeman in sight you would not alert the cop to this man? None of your business, right? 

6 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

As for drunk drivers, I don't know; if you saw a guy who was clearly s-faced get in his car and drive off...then he pulls into a 7-Eleven to buy more beer...if there was a policeman in sight you would not alert the cop to this man? None of your business, right? 

Please submit your applications to all police departments and law inforcement agencies ASAP.  And we pray you will be accepted.  Hopefully that will keep you busy for a while and we will be free of the drivel.  

During the old cold war, we looked as snitches in Russia with disgust for giving their friends and families names to the government. But the government told them it was a matter of national security and for their safety. Sound familiar at all?