Global reaction to Trump withdrawing WHO funding

webfact

On 4/15/2020 at 6:29 PM, kevin612 said:

In this case, just reduce the funds to 3% instead of 15%. Let the other countries to fund more to WHO.

I'm sure your post will meet with tons of approval from leftists. They are often telling us how certain groups need to pay their fair share. I see no reason they'll violate their ethics by insisting the US keep getting ripped off.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

AND WHO ignored Taiwan warning them, because their 'friends' in CCP told them to not listen to them.

The very fact that WHO ignored Taiwan's warnings due to a political concern, shows they are not an organisation that is primarily concerned with the health of the world's people - they are managed and controlled by political hacks.

Same for UN and NATO and FIFA and World Cup (Football) and Olympics and most global organisations.  I hope Trump defunds them all. 

It's quite interesting to read the exact text of the 'warning'.

Quote: 

In Taipei on Saturday, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung quoted the text of the Dec. 31 email written in English that the government sent to the WHO.

"News resources today indicate that at least seven atypical pneumonia cases were reported in Wuhan, China," Chen said, reading the email.

"Their health authorities replied to the media that the cases were believed not to be SARS, however the samples are still under examination, and cases have been isolated for treatment," he continued.

"I would greatly appreciate if you have relevant information to share with us."

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/13291342

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

One of Trumps first moves as president was to sack everyone in a department which was responsible for preventing pandemics in the USA. 

Debunked nonsense:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-fired-pandemic-team-idUSKBN21C32M

Now...  tell me about the record of success of the team in question.

On 4/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, KKr said:
The Trump perspective: U.S. officials say there is near-unanimous agreement among the president’s advisers that the W.H.O. is too heavily influenced by the Chinese government and was too slow to sound the alarm about the virus.

Reason:
probably the Chinese usually talk sense, have a coherent story, and a long term perspective.

Yes, they were talking real sense when in January they said the virus couldn't be passed human to human. And sense? I suppose if one is a communist, what China says usually makes sense. To freedom-loving people, not so much.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, candide said:

It is not what they said and you know it.

Here is the text they transmitted in their twitter newsfeed:

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,”

https://mobile.twitter.com/who/status/1217043229427761152

During the same period of time they also stated that human to human transmission was not excluded.

https://www.voanews.com/science-health/who-does-not-rule-out-human-human-spread-new-coronavirus

Yep, that's pretty much what I said. Since you feel a distinction needs to be made, I hereby accept it. It's always good to be as accurate as possible. But thanks also for pointing out WHO just passed on communist propaganda. They're pretty much useless. But I'm sure they appreciate you going to bat for them.

Edited by Crazy Alex

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh OK lets be semantic. 

Trump did not sack everyone its just the department for preventing pandemics in the United States was dissolved. 

Did that team have any record of success that tells us it should not have been dissolved?

On 4/16/2020 at 3:11 AM, KKr said:

but over 609.516 (as per yesterday) or 30 % are cases Trump is answering for.

Now, look at the table and think about how much warning time was wasted by the leadership of the countries that were hit after China, Italy, Spain. Each country in the top of this rank will be looking forward to an in depth discussion about what could have been done better.

Except of course in the USofA because the "the buck does NOT stop here" President knows already :
WHO and Chinese should have done a better Job.
Greatness is not going to be achieved soon I am afraid.

image.png.e648f2a232425908e5dad015a85b6832.png
I cleaned out this table for some small countries.  
Table from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdUOA?

Thanks for pointing out what a low infection rate the US has. Thank you, president Trump! Cuomo and de Blasio? Not so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

No it's not what you said! The WHO did not say there was no human to human transmission. The twitter text clearly indicates the source (China, not the WHO) and "found no clear evidence", which is not the same as "there is no". 

Yes, I already know WHO forwarded the Chines Communist propaganda unchecked. That's precisely the point.

And yes, what I said about spreading by humans is pretty much correct.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Actually, you're a little off base here. Barack Hussein Obama had the scam pandemic response team operating under the National Security Council. Thus, your complaint about Homeland Security pretty much crumbles under its own weight.

And again, tell me about the successes of this unit that would make keeping them around a wise decision?

Evidence for that opinion?

And please make it from a reputable source.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Evidence for that opinion?

And please make it from a reputable source.

Emphasis added:

"The Global Health Security and Biodefense unit — responsible for pandemic preparedness — was established in 2015 by Barack Obama’s National Security Advisor, Susan Rice ( here ). The unit resided under the National Security Council (NSC) — a forum of White House personnel that advises the president on national security and foreign policy matters."

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-fired-pandemic-team/partly-false-claim-trump-fired-pandemic-response-team-in-2018-idUSKBN21C32M

I'm certain that you know the facts, you will reply conceding the facts, right?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

So are you telling me the USA was better protected from pandemics because Trump had disbanded the one department who were tasked with protecting the USA from pandemics ?

Yes or no?

Impossible to answer. Once again, tell me about the successes of the "pandemic response team".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

So you think that they should not pass information given by the only available source of information at that time? Wouldn't people complain they hide critical information to other member states?

Do you not see how you are going in circles here ? They acted unbelievably slow and with bad information . This whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion . Somehow you blame it on trump instead of the Chinese and the WHO. Your blind hate is not allowing common sense to prevail . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, it's not their job. Member states never delegated this responsibility to the WHO.

Yes they did . Why would the member states give them enormous amounts of money ? They are not funding them so they can go on full time jollies . They have a job to do and they ballsed it up big time . Again if I was paying you very well and you failed to do your job I’d fire you in a heartbeat . 

So you think that they should not pass information given by the only available source of information at that time? Wouldn't people complain they hide critical information to other member states?

It was bogus information parroted by a sucker for the Chinese.

• Like 1