Pattaya and the virus: Were you shopping in Terminal 21 Foodland on Sunday April 5th? 

webfact

Pattaya and the virus: Were you shopping in Terminal 21 Foodland on Sunday April 5th? 

1pm.jpg

The Chonburi governor has issued an urgent letter to warn anybody who was shopping in Foodland on the evening of Sunday April 5th to monitor symptoms of coronavirus. 

Anyone who was at the store on floor M between 5.30 and 6 pm is urged to seek medical help immediately if they start having a fever, heart problems, nasal discharge or sore throat. 

They are urged to stay away from others and put on a mask before going to see the doctor. 

The letter featured in a story on 77kaoded but the media did not explain what had happened. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-16
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

I confess to being a bit confused. Are we to assume that someone with the virus passed through there at that time, but arrived and left in a bubble and had no contact whatsoever with anyone else anywhere?

Perhaps in his own vehicle, not necessarily a bubble car. The shop is where one would expect unavoidable close proximity. 

49 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Im sure most people will be going to the hospital if they feel they are having the above problem, pandemic or not.

This is an issue - I just saw Dr John explain that in the UK, they showed about 3250 extra deaths attributed to COVID - but another 2500 deaths not... meaning people are suffering at home and not getting treatment. Many of those are heart related deaths, so don't be so sure.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I confess to being a bit confused. Are we to assume that someone with the virus passed through there at that time, but arrived and left in a bubble and had no contact whatsoever with anyone else anywhere?

For 14 days this is the only place he went?

I assume it's just the way they do contact tracing. If somebody had the virus then they'll already have established the names of everyone he or she remembers being anywhere near and will be checking and warning them. In a shop he has no idea who he's standing next to at the checkout, or at the bakery counter, so they have to issue a blanket warning like this.

It's also a timely reminder to all of us why they say we should stay at home. Unnecessary shopping trips just expose you to possible infection, no matter how much hand gel you use.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Yeah, quite possibly. I was in Makro the other day, went there and back in my own car. Only place I have been in 14 days.

Why do you ask, are you making unnecessary trips and ignoring social distancing?

• Confused 1

In some ways this is positive,

The only way it will be possible to reopen Pattaya will be to aggressively trace contacts, administer tests and do specific quarantine measures. OK the testing may not be there yet but at least they are starting to get their act together on the contact tracing by at least providing some public information - pity this was not done before - Singapore did it but unfortunately had a recurrence of cases, but it did limit their deaths so far.

It will still take a long time though before it is back to normal.

Edited by crobe
Typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Nah, It´s probably the place that they know for sure that he went to. Maybe also the most public, where there is a chance for many people at the same time.

6 hours ago, crobe said:

In some ways this is positive,

The only way it will be possible to reopen Pattaya will be to aggressively trace contacts, administer tests and do specific quarantine measures. OK the testing may not be there yet but at least they are starting to get their act together on the contact tracing by at least providing some public information - pity this was not done before - Singapore did it but unfortunately had a recurrence of cases, but it did limit their deaths so far.

It will still take a long time though before it is back to normal.

Well fair dos to the mayor, but he seems to have started his own fairly large programme of testing the groups most at risk. In a week we should have a much better idea of how widely the virus is circulating in Pattaya, and so far, after testing 600 people with only one positive, the results are encouraging.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/16/pattaya-city-disease-prevention-team-continues-proactive-search-for-covid-19-update-on-testing-so-far/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Im sure most people will be going to the hospital if they feel they are having the above problem, pandemic or not. 

Believe it or not they don't. By the time they reach the emergency clinic theyre on their way out. Reason: affordability of medical treatment. 

• Like 2

All Thai nationals get free medical treatment if they test positive, however, foreigners must pay for treatment if they do not have a work permit.

It was unclear if they will or will not test foreigners... using the word 'maybe'....but this approach isn't the best idea. Nobody testing positive should be let back out into the general population.

Edited by jacko45k