Video: I was only kidding! Thai man pays 1,000 baht fine for "spitting" incident

webfact

Video: I was only kidding! Thai man pays 1,000 baht fine for "spitting" incident

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that a 43 year old man turned himself in to Khu Khot police in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok after a video showed him apparently spitting in the direction of a staffer at a convenience store. 

"Neung" (an assumed name) who works in advertising, said all his mates saw the video and he decided to give himself up. He really didn't think it was a big deal. 

He was fined 1,000 baht for filthy behavior. 

He said the standard "sorry to society" and promised it wouldn't happen again. 

In an attempt at mitigation he said he had forgotten his mask and was denied entry to the shop. 

He didn't actually spit, he said, he was just joshing with the staffer who was smiling too as they often see each other at this branch.

According to Neung it was all one big laugh. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-16

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

"Neung" (an assumed name) who works in advertising, said all his mates saw the video and he decided to give himself up. He really didn't think it was a big deal.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

According to Neung it was all one big laugh.

I will assume that he didn´t get wiser out of this.

In my country you get sent to prison for two months when you do something like that. Other countries have even stiffer jail sentences. People need to know there will be serious repercussions if you intentionally cough, sneeze or spit at other people. But then again, TIT. 

• Like 2

there would be NO laws if we could say, "HAHAHA, only kidding" and everything we did would be forgiven.  That nuclear bomb.....kidding!!!  

just remember, all it takes is ONE farang in this environment and our bags will be packed....

and if there is a second wave, the foreigners will be blamed.

ok, back to the temple  

I think the 1000 baht are a joke . In these times , it is as bad as calling you have got a bomb in a airplane . In my country the fines for doing that are significantly higher , including jail and i find that correct . This is not the time to do that kind of stuff , not funny at all .