90 day report during quarantine

Hello.

I have a Non-O visa and I am due for my 90 day report (Bangkok / Chaengwhattana) next week. Reading through various online pages I've heard that due to the ongoing situation I am not required to do the 90 day report this month and I should do it after April 30th. Is that true? Some expert help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by wallywoop

42 minutes ago, wallywoop said:

and I should do it after April 30th.

And that is unclear to me.

I haven't found a statement what will happen after the "amnesty"/30 April.

Worst case: imagine they all get a short timeframe to catch up and immigration offices filled up with stranded tourists, people with expired permission to stay plus 90 day reports.

Best case: skip this April report and come back 90 days later.

By nature I opted for worst case and did my 90 day report last Tuesday at our deserted office.

(I can not do online)

Chaeng Wattana was deserted during the cancelled Songkran holidays.

Can't tell whether it is as deserted today.

10 minutes ago, Andyfez said:

I tried doing it online, but it couldn't find my incoming flight details.

They used to write the flight number by hand near the stamp.  But last time I came in they didn't.  But you could look at your passport and see if it is there.

Edited by rwill

22 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

It is correct that NO 90-day reporting is required during the amnesty period.

So there is no need to visit your local IO to do it in person until the amnesty has been lifted (currently till April 30 but for sure to be prolonged).

However, it is recommended to do it on-line (during the 15 days before till due date window).  Many reports of people doing this, so the on-line 90-day reporting website clearly works. 

Note that if you did not report on-line during the 15-day window before your 90-day reporting due date, that it is possible that the on-line reporting function won't work for you again after the amnesty period as your 90-day report window would have expired, and that would require you to do it in person (or by mail).

Two days ago, I did my on-line 90 day just to test it and got my confirmation back in a record two hours. Printed it out, wrote on it the date my next report is due, put it on my phone calendar, stapled the notification receipt into my passport and finished my coffee.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rwill said:

They used to write the flight number by hand near the stamp.  But last time I came in they didn't.  But you could look at your passport and see if it is there.

@Andyfez- As UbonJoe already indicated it is not a required field, but I do recall a post where that seemed to be the stumbling-block for getting your on-line 90-day report accepted.

I would try the following:

- First try submitting without filling anything in the field;

- If that does not work, then look on your TM-6 arrival/departure card where you normally should have written the code of your arrival flight (e.g. PG905).

>> I just uploaded my own on-line 90-day report.  Took me less than 2 minutes, inputs accepted immediately and status now 'pending'.  Will check in course of today to see that it gets 'accepted' status, previous time I did not get any e-mail message but easy to check status on the website.

Edited by Peter Denis

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

BTW: "90 day report during quarantine"

Let me assume that YOU are not under some form of mandatory quarantine!

Lol I thought that too, the misunderstanding of the situation is unbelievable sometimes.

Regarding the "mandatory" fields (denoted by the red asterisk), I did have one online (web) 90-day report rejected for NOT including my middle name (no asterisk). I had filed ~ 8 previous reports successfully without providing my middle name. In the REJECTED form, the ADMIN note said "please provide full name". I added that, rebumitted and received an ACCEPTED status within ~ 5 minutes.

My arriving flight details (XX 123) are handwritten just above my entry stamp in my passport. No details on my TM.6. I have never included the flight no. in my previous online filings.

No one knows what might happen once the 90-day report 'amnesty' is lifted (1 June? 1 July?). But it's easy to imagine Immigration giving seven - fifteen days to file a report - probably in person - where ~ 25% or the annual reports ( ~ 8% per month) trying to file in a short window. Assumes equal distribution, and a two month total amnesty. Maybe they'll set up a separate 90-day report venue in high volume locations like Bangkok?

23 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

So there is no need to visit your local IO to do it in person until the amnesty has been lifted (currently till April 30 but for sure to be prolonged).

However, it is recommended to do it on-line (during the 15 days before till due date window).  Many reports of people doing this, so the on-line 90-day reporting website clearly works. 

Note that if you did not report on-line during the 15-day window before your 90-day reporting due date, that it is possible that the on-line reporting function won't work for you again after the amnesty period as your 90-day report window would have expired, and that would require you to do it in person (or by mail).

can we trust these people....that can do 90 day after 30 april...??

There is no 90 reporting dir now..but I did mine on line on the 13th of apr..just in case got approved on 14-apr..my question is what about the 90 day bank checking report..mine is due 9 may..got to.show the IO an updated copy of mt bank book to prove I did not touch the 800000thb for three months after my non o retirement approval..there is a office just outside the immigration called Visa 2 Britain they said they would di the bank reporting for 2000thb..any info on this

On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Chaeng Wattana was deserted during the cancelled Songkran holidays.

Can't tell whether it is as deserted today.

Not deserted anymore from what can be seen on the web.

Probably many wrongly assumed that the offices would be closed April 13 to 15.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

My arriving flight details (XX 123) are handwritten just above my entry stamp in my passport.

Which airport are you and the others flying into? I've arrived at swampy dozens of times and don mueang a handful but never had the flight number penned into my passport.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tom in bangkok said:

Which airport are you and the others flying into? I've arrived at swampy dozens of times and don mueang a handful but never had the flight number penned into my passport.

SBIA/BKK, 17 Feb 2020 from SIN "SQ 978", my flight, written by IO directly above the rectangular arrival stamp.

Quickly reviewed my old passport, roughly half (20) of my arrival stamps (37) have the flight details written.

26 minutes ago, tom in bangkok said:

I arrive in swampy and most of the timethe flight number is penned on top of arrival stamp. Sometimes not. Mine is TG XXX. But if you remember which flight you came in Thailand, the number is easy to find. More difficult if you come from say KL with ten flights a day. You coould check also on your bookings if you dont delete them.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:38 AM, Peter Denis said:

I love the difference between theory and practise, I tried online in Samui, allow me to say I not a newbie with a computer, my same address email is more than 15 years old and I had a few more before. Since 1990 I always worked with computers starting with the antediluvian Mac SE30 with a small black and white screen, so I would modestly say that I manage to find a solution most of the time, which was not the case this time for my 90 days online, I decided to send all my documents by mail in time with an 18 Baths stamped envelope for the return but no news at all from Samui immigration. I went my self on March 10th a day before my appointment being a Saturday when the office is close, maybe they had no calendar available? And had my next appointment for Jully 8th in five minutes which will avoid me from being trampled on when they decide
 to open the valves again for everyone at the same time!

16 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

I love the difference between theory and practise, I tried online in Samui, allow me to say I not a newbie with a computer, my same address email is more than 15 years old and I had a few more before. Since 1990 I always worked with computers starting with the antediluvian Mac SE30 with a small black and white screen, so I would modestly say that I manage to find a solution most of the time, which was not the case this time for my 90 days online, I decided to send all my documents by mail in time with an 18 Baths stamped envelope for the return but no news at all from Samui immigration. I went my self on March 10th a day before my appointment being a Saturday when the office is close, maybe they had no calendar available? And had my next appointment for Jully 8th in five minutes which will avoid me from being trampled on when they decide
 to open the valves again for everyone at the same time!

Samui IO seems to be somewhat of an 'odd-ball' case.

They also have their own IO TM30 website which is different from the 'regular' website used in the rest of Thailand...

I used the online service for the first time as it was never available for my local office, but after Immigration informed everyone to at least attempt it, I did so. My due date was 11 April and I submitted the info online to the www.immigration.go.th site posted here on TVF. I posted and submitted on Saturday, 4th of April and received my approval

on the first working day after Songkran (13 day later) which was Thursday, 16 April.  I am completely satisfied with this particular situation. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

@Andyfez- As UbonJoe already indicated it is not a required field, but I do recall a post where that seemed to be the stumbling-block for getting your on-line 90-day report accepted.

I would try the following:

- First try submitting without filling anything in the field;

- If that does not work, then look on your TM-6 arrival/departure card where you normally should have written the code of your arrival flight (e.g. PG905).

>> I just uploaded my own on-line 90-day report.  Took me less than 2 minutes, inputs accepted immediately and status now 'pending'.  Will check in course of today to see that it gets 'accepted' status, previous time I did not get any e-mail message but easy to check status on the website.

Small update for info > Just received an e-mail from immigration, that my on-line 90-day report which I filed in course of this morning was approved.

Checked the 90-day reporting website

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

and downloaded both the notification stamped Accepted and the document with my next 90-day reporting-date.

Easy peasy...

Edited by Peter Denis

On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, KhunBENQ said:

And that is unclear to me.

I haven't found a statement what will happen after the "amnesty"/30 April.

The immigration website is reasonably clear.C15CA611-51C6-4479-9880-5F322C4D905E.thumb.png.efdfb5418eba34b568e80417bc513d52.png

the information is in the red box. 

the time period for people to do their 90 day reporting, and applying for required extension has not yet been given as the period of the suspension of need for extensions and reporting has not been decided.

The time you have to become current will almost certainly be announced when the finish date of suspension is given.

There is no benefit in giving a period to become compliant when the end can not be predicted.

Ji Yen Yen

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I love the difference between theory and practise, I tried online in Samui, allow me to say I not a newbie with a computer, my same address email is more than 15 years old and I had a few more before. Since 1990 I always worked with computers starting with the antediluvian Mac SE30 with a small black and white screen, so I would modestly say that I manage to find a solution most of the time, which was not the case this time for my 90 days online,

If you have successfully done an online report in the past and could not this time, I don’t have a suggestion.

if not and you did not get past page 1 without the report to your local office message, the cause is usually that the information you entered has some difference to that in the database. If there is not a perfect match you get that message.

In my case I have to enter incorrect information to match the database so now I know which wrong information to include I have no problem.